I just dont get SB

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
I dont know if it's because I'm new to all this but I cant get SB to really work for me, I dont understand how you make so many points. The surveys barely ever work, maybe because I'm on my phone?

I have been using mypoints for a few years half heartedly and seem to be able to make points with them, is there something in missing that makes SB better?

I dont know if it's because I'm new to all this but I cant get SB to really work for me, I dont understand how you make so many points. The surveys barely ever work, maybe because I'm on my phone?

I have been using mypoints for a few years half heartedly and seem to be able to make points with them, is there something in missing that makes SB better?
Are you running the apps? Doing the daily tasks? Shopping thru their portal? Running the nCraves or Watch? There are a lot of ways to earn points besides trying to qualify for surveys. In fact, I never attempt them unless I'm having a tough time meeting my daily goal.

Are you running the apps? Doing the daily tasks? Shopping thru their portal? Running the nCraves or Watch? There are a lot of ways to earn points besides trying to qualify for surveys. In fact, I never attempt them unless I'm having a tough time meeting my daily goal.

I wonder if the app just doesn't have everything that is available on the computer? I dont feel like there's much to do? I can watch videos but what do you mean by running the apps? I dont shop a ton and I've been doing that through mypoints (lol, how do you decide when using more than one site like these?!?!)

The couple times I tried the Ncraves on my computer it told me they wouldn't work? Maybe my system is too old.

I wonder if the app just doesn't have everything that is available on the computer? I dont feel like there's much to do? I can watch videos but what do you mean by running the apps? I dont shop a ton and I've been doing that through mypoints (lol, how do you decide when using more than one site like these?!?!)

The couple times I tried the Ncraves on my computer it told me they wouldn't work? Maybe my system is too old.
There are several apps (SBTV, EntertaiNow, MovieCli.ps, IndyMusic TV, LifeStylz TV, and Sportly TV) in addition to Answer, SB Local and the SB apps. Run the videos on those on your smart device.

It takes some time to get used to. I used to do MyPoints. Now I mainly do SB and only click on email links from MP. Running nCraves on PC definitely helps. And I only loop videos on phones at night when I'm not using them. If phone is your only device and you're actively using it all hours, I can see why SB won't work out. Get a spare phone with wifi connections if necessary.

It takes some time to get used to. I used to do MyPoints. Now I mainly do SB and only click on email links from MP. Running nCraves on PC definitely helps. And I only loop videos on phones at night when I'm not using them. If phone is your only device and you're actively using it all hours, I can see why SB won't work out. Get a spare phone with wifi connections if necessary.
Can you actually get the videos to loop and keep going or are you going back every few minutes to start new videos?

Ok, I’ll admit ignorance. What is SB, for that matter the rest of abbreviations in this thread...

Ok, I’ll admit ignorance. What is SB, for that matter the rest of abbreviations in this thread...
SB= Swagbucks (a rewards program) and the abbreviations are various point-earning mechanisms for the program. A lot of people use it to earn gift cards and cash to help fund their Disney trips.

SB= Swagbucks (a rewards program) and the abbreviations are various point-earning mechanisms for the program. A lot of people use it to earn gift cards and cash to help fund their Disney trips.
Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind for a minute. First I’ve heard of it.

It takes getting used to and constantly changing strategies. It’s frustrating at times. I started in June 2015 and passed 400k sb ($4,000) yesterday.
That's amazing. I see a lot of people making a lot around here, I'm hoping to learn some of the tricks!

I've started using my small AMEX for purchasing to make points but I've realized the more money you make and spend, the more points you can make doing these things and we have a smaller income than most people who frequent Disney(I've just made it top priority bc I love it so much!)

I appreciate the info, thanks!

I have so many questions I cant find answers to! :hyper:

Can I buy disney gift cards with BB gift cards ONLINE? I live an hour from an actual store so I dont want to start getting BB gift cards if I cant use them online for disney GC.

I have so many questions I cant find answers to! :hyper:

Can I buy disney gift cards with BB gift cards ONLINE? I live an hour from an actual store so I dont want to start getting BB gift cards if I cant use them online for disney GC.
No. You cannot.

No. You cannot.
That's a huge bummer!

I'm trying to figure out MY best choices for saving, it's like putting a puzzle together. I have a small Amex(I mean real small) that I'm using for points, mypoints, swagbucks if I can figure it out, and live in a rural area. We dont even have a target, just walmart, lowes and a few other stores that dont seem to be related to this venture. I usually have to order things, I use Amazon prime more than anything.

That's a huge bummer!

I'm trying to figure out MY best choices for saving, it's like putting a puzzle together. I have a small Amex(I mean real small) that I'm using for points, mypoints, swagbucks if I can figure it out, and live in a rural area. We dont even have a target, just walmart, lowes and a few other stores that dont seem to be related to this venture. I usually have to order things, I use Amazon prime more than anything.
PayPal.

It takes the same number of SBs (other than that first redemption of the month) and you can sweep the cash into your checking account. Get an Amazon GC for the first $25 redemption of the month on SB (since you use Amazon Prime a lot) and then redeem for $25 PayPal for the remainder of the month.

ETA: You can use Amazon GCs to buy Starbucks and Landry's GCs. Those can be used for food at Disney.

Can you actually get the videos to loop and keep going or are you going back every few minutes to start new videos?

Yes you can (sort of) with the Apps like SBTV. You find the shortest videos (e.g. 30 seconds), made them your favorites and play those daily. Sometimes if I'm really lucky, I can get them to loop through the night. Most time it'll loop for an hour or 2 before an ad got stuck. Then you'll have to start again. But I usually don't have to babysit it every other minutes.

PayPal.

It takes the same number of SBs (other than that first redemption of the month) and you can sweep the cash into your checking account. Get an Amazon GC for the first $25 redemption of the month on SB (since you use Amazon Prime a lot) and then redeem for $25 PayPal for the remainder of the month.

ETA: You can use Amazon GCs to buy Starbucks and Landry's GCs. Those can be used for food at Disney.
Thank you for the ideas!!

Yes you can (sort of) with the Apps like SBTV. You find the shortest videos (e.g. 30 seconds), made them your favorites and play those daily. Sometimes if I'm really lucky, I can get them to loop through the night. Most time it'll loop for an hour or 2 before an ad got stuck. Then you'll have to start again. But I usually don't have to babysit it every other minutes.
Great! I will try that. I realized on mypoints that you dont have to watch the whole video, just start it and it counts! This obviously requires me to sit there and do it, but it's faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter