I know it's not Disney but anyone do Hershey for Christmas

lpizzuro123

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately we cannot get down to Disney this year for the Christmas season. We live about 2 hours from Hershey and are planning on going there next weekend for their Christmas decorating.

Anyone ever been there for the holidays?

Thanks,
Linda

We've been to it a few times. They don't open all of the rides and the rides that are open have long lines. It was a nice treat for the kids though and they enjoyed bundling up and going for the day. Do you have little ones? Dutch Wonderland has it's Winter Wonderland which my kids LOVED when they were little!

We've been to it a few times. They don't open all of the rides and the rides that are open have long lines. It was a nice treat for the kids though and they enjoyed bundling up and going for the day. Do you have little ones? Dutch Wonderland has it's Winter Wonderland which my kids LOVED when they were little!

Thanks for the info. No little ones for us. We figure it will be nice to see some of the shows and walk around a bit. We will do some rides but we are not huge ride lovers. We also want to see the drive thru lights and maybe Chocolate World.

Linda

Thanks for the info. No little ones for us. We figure it will be nice to see some of the shows and walk around a bit. We will do some rides but we are not huge ride lovers. We also want to see the drive thru lights and maybe Chocolate World.

Linda

Linda,

You should go then! It was the kids rides that had long lines. The drive through lights are wonderful. Here's a link to what they have going on this year...enjoy!

http://www.christmasinhershey.com/christmas_candylane/index.php

The lights and decorations are really nice and if it's cold it's great to go thru chocolate world. I've never gone up to ride the rides just to experience everything else!

Thanks everyone. I made reservations for Saturday night. Looking forward to the chocolate and the lights.

Linda

I went up there last christmas and it was very nice.. Esp at nite o so pretty.. Make sure to dress warm it can get cold an windy. Have fun!!

I get to Hershey a couple of times a year, but so far not for Christmas. We did just do their Hershey Park in the Dark for Halloween, and the kids had a blast, but I was a little disappointed. It was basically just another park day with a few pumpkins thrown around for decor, and the names of the rides changed to spooky names. They did have some shows, but the kids didn't want to do them. I guess I'm spoiled because we did MNSSHP last year, and even the 6 Flags we used to go to really did it up for Halloween with a haunted train ride, etc. I did see them setting up for Santa Claus in the restaurant area back by the kissing tower.

Anyway, we are going back for Christmas and I don't know if we'll do the park again, but definitely the lights, and I got tickets to see the Rockettes Christmas show when they are there.

If you sign up for their fan club (on their website), you should get an email for buy one get one in free for the park for Christmas.

Enjoy!

We love Christmas in Hershey. I love hearing the jingles on the Radio, "Christmas in Hershey-the sweetest place on Earth!"

I'm hoping we'll be able to go this year!

I've never been to Hershey at Christmas time, but I just wanted to say that it's one of my favorite places in the world. My family and I usually go every year in August. We used to go for two days but now we've shorten it down to one evening. Chocolate World and the 3D show make the world a better place. -happy sigh- Everytime we are there we make sure we eat at Fenicci's (used to be DeAngelis) early and then make it over to Chocolate World for dessert. Then the next day we usually drive over to Gettysburg, I love it! (I'm a History major and love it there!)

Ok, and that's the end of me living through this post. I wish I was there now. :guilty:

SAREHM:

Off topic but I think Boston Terriers RULE, too!!!
My name on here is mollygirl13 & Mollygirl was my Boston Terrier when I was a teenager. (She went to the Rainbow Bridge a few years ago after a very long and wonderful life!!)

Now I have a 2 yo Boston named Buddy!

Ok, back to the Hershey thread........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter