I know that this is your board...but I need your HELP!!

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
My DD and I will be visiting DLP at the end of March 2003. Can anyone give me any hints, tips, and ideas to help me start planning our trip. We are only going to DLP for 1 day.

I would appreciate anything you can spare!
If you need any tips on anything to do with WDW or DCL, don't hesitiate to ask. We go to WDW 4 times a year and have been on 4 Disney cruises.

Thanks!

As you probably know, a new theme park opened at the Disneyland Paris Resort a couple of months ago, the Walt Disney Studios. However, this is very much the baby brother to the original Disneyland Park at DLP. With just a day at DLP I would recommend that you leave the Walt Disney Studios for another time and just concentrate on the Disneyland Park, which is considered by many to be the best Magic Kingdom yet built by Disney.

If you are familiar with the Magic Kingdom at WDW you will know how best to approach a day at DLP's Disneyland park. Tips and strategies for avoiding the queues and getting the best out of your day apply equally to both parks. But don't let these similarities make you think that both parks are identical. There are many subtle, and some not so subtle, differences which will delight and amuse you.

Some of the major attractions offer Fast Pass, so take advantage of this to plan your day. Even so, I would say it is essential to get to the park as early as you can as queues can build up from mid-morning, even in the off-season like March. Opening hours are likely to be either 9am to 8pm or 10am to 6pm, depending on the day of the week. Will you be spending a night at one of Disney's on-site hotels, or travelling to the resort by train? The train station is literally at the gates to the park and is about a 45 minute journey from Paris city centre.

A good unofficial site about DLP is http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm The official website is http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/introduction.htm?anim=oui

A number of us here are DLP regulars, so please feel free to ask any detailed questions you want.

Regards

Rob

The must dos for us at DLP are:

Space Mountain (much better than at MK)
Indiana Jones (now backwards but should still be good)
Big Thunder Mountain (the train goes under the lake and much of the ride is on an island in the middle of the lake)

Hope this helps.

HI!
First of all – can you choose what day you’re going? A weekday’s best. We went for a weekend in Feb and it was SO much busier than the Monday in June when we next went. Neither was during the school holidays.
There’s a good website – I think it’s www.DLP-Guide.com.
Do you prefer cute rides or thrill rides? Space Mountain is MUCH faster than the US ones. Indiana Jones is a roller coaster that also goes backwards. Peter Pan and Phantom Manor are a little different to the US ones – I love both!
Get there as early as possible and have a definite plan – follow it! Use the FP – I've seen 2 hour+ queues for Peter Pan and that was before FP.
Be aware that it’s MUCH smaller than the US parks and you won’t be so disappointed. Makes it easier for a day trip though. If it’s not crowded then it is do-able in a day.
Feel free to get in touch if there’s anything specific you want to know! And have a great time!!

Gosh- thanks for the quick replies. We will be there on a weekend. Our plan is London from Friday - Friday. Leaving London for Paris on that Friday and staying in Paris to Monday BUT leaving Paris Monday to go back to London. Confusing I know!!

We LOVE fast rides. Live for rollar coasters. We will not be spending the night at one of the DLP resorts. Will it be safe for 2 women and 2 children to stay until the park closes and ride the train back into Paris? I am not sure of where we are staying in Paris- but if that info is needed- I can get it.

I wasn't sure if we wanted to try the new park and go to Disneyland for the last 3 hours but now we will definatly only plan for Disneyland.

What about restraunts? We don't eat a lot of burgers and fries- we enjoy good food! Any suggestions....

Gotta love those FPs. Disney made a great decision when they started this but I sure miss EE! ANyway- thanks again for the help. I knew that I could cost on DISer's

One more thing- does anyone know how come it costs so much more to fly from the US to the UK than from the UK to the US. I didn't realize how expensive it would be and that has taken a sizable chunk out of my budget!

The Blue Lagood is my favourite restaurant at DLP, especially for its wonderful themeing. It forms part of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

Did you know there was a direct train service from London to DLP? It doesn't run all year round, but it might run in March. More details at www.eurostar.co.uk It is a three hour journey from the heart of London to the gates of DLP!

Regards

Rob

There will be a lot of people exiting the park and taking the train so safety shouldn't be a concern.
I agree with Rob on the Blue Lagoon, IMHO best restaurant in the park and wonderful setting.

Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are both excellent rides

I'm a single woman with a young son and I have travelled late at night into the centre of Paris. I never found it to be a problem and I was staying in one of the more colourful parts of the city. I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a great trip.
Tracy

Blue Lagoon it is then- will I need to get ressies as soon as I get to the park or before?

I feel better about the safety issue-

Thanks once again for your help

I would suggest before, I had a two day visit and tried to get a table on day one by walking up to the front desk of the restaurant about half an hour after the park opened, no chance. So I booked for the next day with out any problem.

..... I would recommend staying until park close, especially if it gets dark - it is a wonderful park at night-time, particularly Adventureland! Leave the Swiss Family Robinson tree until night-time and go up just to see the views across the park at night.
My fave rides there ... Pirates Of The Caribbean - plan to do this more than once, Phantom Manor ( I was told that the lights from the new Studios park diminish the effect of the Manor at night-time) and Big Thunder Mountain.
Please feel free to as questions about DLP as often as you please :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter