I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time SW biz card holder question. How soon after statement closes do the RR show up on the SW site?
Show up the next day for me. Should see it within a day or two usually.
Next day usually for me too, but of course since I’m waiting for points for a CP it’s been 4 days so far for me.

Anyone have a BofA Business Advantage Cash Rewards card with travel category selected?

This may not last long. For example, mortgage and rent on Plastiq briefly coded as "travel" (lodging) [on the CSR/CSP/CIP] for about 2-3 months in summer 2017 before Chase and/or Visa forced Plastiq to change their coding.

Last edited:

Does it have the 48 month language?
Yes, darn it. And it's a personal not business. I think I was just excited to finally get one lol.

Anyone have a BofA Business Advantage Cash Rewards card with travel category selected?

This may not last long. For example, mortgage and rent on Plastiq briefly coded as "travel" (lodging) for about 2-3 months in summer 2017 before Chase and/or Visa forced Plastiq to change their coding.
Cool! I will be a guinea pig another DP. Thanks for sharing! I just changed my category and will put a payment through Plastiq tomorrow.

@alryan ETA: I can't read! It was for a business card. Sorry about giving the wrong info. I did a strike thru so that it's correct now.

Last edited:
The $75 statement credit can be used on anything Southwest - booking a cash flight, EBCI, taxes and fees, to even a GC. You should able use it to buy upgraded boarding also.

There is a separate benefit for upgraded boarding reimbursement, up to 4 upgrades per year. Each leg would be a separate upgrade if you have to reboard the plane. The upgraded boarding, where you buy at the gate to get into the leftover 'A' positions, is only available at the gate and not guaranteed to be available.
Just wanted to clarify @LynnTH the $75 credit is a benefit of the SW personal Priority. The new biz Performance has the 4 free upgraded boardings but no $75 credit

Is there a way to notify Amazon when a prime package hasn't arrived? I ordered a book for DD on Tuesday and was told it would arrive today. Now its showing a delivery date of Sunday. The only option I see is to reorder it again. So irritating, I ordered 4 things that day and 3 of the 4 came today. This book was the only one that I really cared if it came today.

Does Amazon claw back $1 digital slow shipping credits if you return the item that gave you the credit? I usually try only to do this for things Im pretty sure I will keep but a couple of things didnt really work out so I did a return today.

Also, I cant get a "return to Kohl's" option to show up. Its NBD as Ive been able to return via UPS, in fact that's closer, but I was wondering what happened to this. Ive returned I think 5 things no and havent been given that option once. Did it fail already?

Is there a way to notify Amazon when a prime package hasn't arrived? I ordered a book for DD on Tuesday and was told it would arrive today. Now its showing a delivery date of Sunday. The only option I see is to reorder it again. So irritating, I ordered 4 things that day and 3 of the 4 came today. This book was the only one that I really cared if it came today.

I dont know. I had something that just never arrived. About a week after its initial due date Amazon gave me the refund option. In my history it is still showing a late but on its way...six weeks later.

We've never done much traveling since we had kids, just long weekends on the east coast where we could drive. We are hoping to do a west coast trip this summer which would involve flying (3 kids -15, 13, 10). Thinking about how to make all of this happen and how to get the best deals. I think that opening a credit card with an airline would help us with the $2K+ in flights from the east coast to the west coast. Not to mention the rental car and hotels we will need. I read some of the first page of this thread and it says that you can loose a lot of points/$ if you don't open your credit card at the right time. How do you know when the best time to open it is? It seems like many people like SW on this thread - do they offer the most bonuses? I would love any help that people who take the most advantage of the offers are able to give me. The whole thread and figuring everything out seems very overwhelming right now. We only have a Discover and Chase CC right now.
I have a 10 day trip to California this summer. Family of 4. Flights were booked on American using AA miles. Hotels were booked with Chase UR transferred to Hyatt and Hilton points. It can be done. You should map out which cities you wish to visit, see which airlines fly there and which hotels are in the area. Once you nail that down you can plan which cards to get.

Last edited:
Why can’t yo get it?
Not in a position with my utilization to get anything else from AMEX. I will probably try after the first of the year.

Also, I cant get a "return to Kohl's" option to show up. Its NBD as Ive been able to return via UPS, in fact that's closer, but I was wondering what happened to this. Ive returned I think 5 things no and havent been given that option once. Did it fail already?
My understanding is that it has to do with what distribution centers carry your item. My wife wasn't able to return some pants but I was able to return some electronics.

Small win-today I "reshopped" my EDI-LJU flights and business was only 12K FB miles more than what I'd paid for economy in July. So I called, cancelled my tickets, transferred some MRs (20% bonus to transfer to FB) and URs and after a net spend of $12 (original taxes refunded but redeposit fee and new taxes charged) and 8K MRs/2K URs DH and I will be in business instead of economy for two short flights and one looooong CDG layover. Whoo hoo! For some ridiculous reason (the flights are fairly short) I was really dreading flying economy so now I don't have that silly worry, lol.

Small win-today I "reshopped" my EDI-LJU flights and business was only 12K FB miles more than what I'd paid for economy in July. So I called, cancelled my tickets, transferred some MRs (20% bonus to transfer to FB) and URs and after a net spend of $12 (original taxes refunded but redeposit fee and new taxes charged) and 8K MRs/2K URs DH and I will be in business instead of economy for two short flights and one looooong CDG layover. Whoo hoo! For some ridiculous reason (the flights are fairly short) I was really dreading flying economy so now I don't have that silly worry, lol.

I love this. I know I've complained about that "domestic" AF lounge at CDG (it's just way, way too hot in there) but they do have some tasty treats and a fro-yo machine, so it's really not all that bad. I suspect we are just cranky after the 12 hour flight. I hope you have a great trip even with that long layover (we get that, too, but it's better than having to race through CDG). Also it's not a bad place to do a bit of shopping.

Just wanted to clarify @LynnTH the $75 credit is a benefit of the SW personal Priority. The new biz Performance has the 4 free upgraded boardings but no $75 credit
Thanks! I edited to try to make that clear so I don't confuse anyone else. I didn't connect the card when I was responding, just saw $75 :) Fact checking is important :laughing:

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this. We’ve been wanting to get out to Reno to visit family but it’s been too many miles. I went on to look and was able to book PHL-LAX for 5,000 miles! We will spend a day or 2 in LA (thinking maybe hit up Disneyland as we’ve never been) then drive up the coast and fly back home from Reno (again only 5,000 miles!) Cash price for each seat is $336 out and $284 back.
Looking forward to planning this adventure!

Glad it worked out. That's some amazing value! I would recommend Disneyland if you get the chance... I personally prefer it over WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter