I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please redirect if this isn't the place.

For those of you who don't bank bonuses.... isn't it usually a requirement to have Direct Deposit? In my (admittedly limited) experience, Direct Deposit is from your work. So do you change around your Direct Deposit to the new bank if you're doing this? Or what I am missing?

For those of you who don't bank bonuses.... isn't it usually a requirement to have Direct Deposit? In my (admittedly limited) experience, Direct Deposit is from your work. So do you change around your Direct Deposit to the new bank if you're doing this? Or what I am missing?
Good question. In some cases, people do move their direct deposit around (easier at some workplaces than others). Sometimes banks will treat a "push" transfer from another bank as a direct deposit, and the bonus will credit. This is YMMV - the Doctor of Credit site has some data points regarding which banks work with which bonuses.

I can easily change my direct deposit from work every 2 weeks so I usually just do that.

But a lot of people have had luck with ach pushes from other banks looking and coding as dd. There are data points on doc website which say which banks people have used with positive or negative results

Good question. In some cases, people do move their direct deposit around (easier at some workplaces than others). Sometimes banks will treat a "push" transfer from another bank as a direct deposit, and the bonus will credit. This is YMMV - the Doctor of Credit site has some data points regarding which banks work with which bonuses.
I can easily change my direct deposit from work every 2 weeks so I usually just do that.

But a lot of people have had luck with ach pushes from other banks looking and coding as dd. There are data points on doc website which say which banks people have used with positive or negative results
Interesting; OK thank you.

I am paperwork averse and my financial institution is a small credit union so I would be shocked to find it on that list from DOC! But I will take a look!

After learning so much from all of you we were able to book hotel reservations thru the UR portal from points that were all moved to the CSR - since we had enough points to pay for the entire reservation do the travel insurance benefits apply to this reservation or should I have charged part of the reservation to the CSR card?

After learning so much from all of you we were able to book hotel reservations thru the UR portal from points that were all moved to the CSR - since we had enough points to pay for the entire reservation do the travel insurance benefits apply to this reservation or should I have charged part of the reservation to the CSR card?

I don't know the answer but I'm very interested to hear what it is! We have the HRH at Universal booked for nights in May all on UR's.

I'm 99% sure that bookings using UR points from the CSR have the same travel protection benefits as a CSR $$ booking.

Due to weather, I just found out I have to cancel my hotel reservations for this weekend (Fri and Sat) that I made through the Chase Portal on my CSR. It is past the cancel date of Nov 12 so it says I will have to pay one night. I made it on points. I assume I am stuck with the terms as stated (loss of one night's points,) but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of any work-around.

Tell me it’s not a giant waste to spend 50,000 ur points to cancel my sw flight and spend 6 extra hours in Disney.

I don’t have enough aa miles to book the flight and it’s 88k aa miles at this point.

Hmm it looks like I could get 5 extra hours for 27k more sw rr points then I’ve already spent.

I’ve got 64,000 rr points and 360,000 ur points. And 12k aa miles lol.

@CyndiLouWho and anyone else working on the First Midwest bonus - one of the requirements to earn it is to enroll in online banking. I noticed that elsewhere in the fine print, it referenced "mobile banking" instead of "online banking". There is actually a separate place to enroll in "mobile banking" on the website, after you have set up online banking. You go to Customer Service, then "manage mobile banking settings." I set up both online banking and mobile banking to be safe, but have no idea if the mobile banking step is required or not. I did get the bonus so whatever I did, worked.
So I think I’m signed up for both because when I log in it says “Online Banking” and I don’t think you can access anything online without signing up. Under mobile banking it lists my “Enrolled Mobile Device” so I think that’s good too.

Thanks for the info. How long after you met requirements did your bonus post?

Tell me it’s not a giant waste to spend 50,000 ur points to cancel my sw flight and spend 6 extra hours in Disney.

I don’t have enough aa miles to book the flight and it’s 88k aa miles at this point.

Hmm it looks like I could get 5 extra hours for 27k more sw rr points then I’ve already spent.

I personally wouldn't, because 50,000 URs is 2-3 roundtrip tix on SW for me to go on more trips. But if an extra 6 hours makes you happy, go for it. I don't think there's a wrong way to use points. :D

I personally wouldn't, because 50,000 URs is 2-3 roundtrip tix on SW for me to go on more trips. But if an extra 6 hours makes you happy, go for it. I don't think there's a wrong way to use points. :D

Well that’s for 4 people. And it’s basically the difference between getting up at leaving on the me vs having a good chunk of the day to do things.

It was cheap compared to what it is now. My brother graduated from Cal Tech{ yes that Cal Tech} in the 80's and my parents paid 6k a year. Fast Forward..... and thanks to his Cal Tech education and high paying job he made enough to put both his kids through college debt-free. It only cost him 300k.:sad2:
I graduated in the 90's it was still pretty cheap. It cost my parents about 15k for 4 years. I went to a normal in-state university.
I’ll be honest, I don’t recall exactly how much college cost, I’m old and it was a long time ago. I did have a student loan but I only qualified one year out of 4. Then my degree got me nowhere, so 5 years later I got another BS on my own dime, no student loans allowed on 2nd BS, and paid for it myself with scholarships and cash. But there’s no way on the income I get from my 2 bachelors degrees that I can pay for DSs college. I couldn’t even afford private grade school or high school. He’s gonna have to get scholarships and student loans.
Mine is still BarCray-cray too! I paid the balance of the two accounts combined and now I have a credit on one and still owe on the other lol!
That is just nuts. Mine at least shows the total on the “master” account. I think.
I've been on the chat hold for over 4 hours. It's been saying my wait time is less than a minute for over an hour.

I also can't do anything else on Disney's website and it's been wonky all day. I just tried to book a room and the online registration system is down apparently. Why can't Disney IT operate like the multi-billion dollar corporation they are apart of?? I'm just amazed at how much their stuff goes down. Heads would roll and new leadership would be hired at any other company.
Nah. This is all too common. Reference Barcray-cray and Citi. In healthcare, electronic medical records are used everywhere and let me tell you, IT there sucks as well. Not at all user friendly and not developed by people who understand what the users actually need. (For instance today I found out that an order for “Dietitian to manage tubefeeding” shows up in nursing orders for nurses to see and never shows up in the Dietitian orders.). Apparently these companies just let IT run amuck and don’t care or they hire ridiculously incompetent IT and don’t care. Either way consumers lose.
Praise be to the mods of the Dischurners News Thread - I'd be lost without y'all! 🙂 Work, school (for me and kiddos), life... time has flown by!!

Question about redemptions - we've settled on exact dates for our trip to Disneyland next summer, and I'll be using my AA miles for actual flights. Is there any harm in booking the flights now, as opposed to closer to our travel time?

I'm about to PC my CSP to the CSR for all of the fun benefits... any negatives about booking the hotel now once that happens?

I'm an anxious planner and would never forgive myself for missing something really important! This will be our first redemption trip, so any tips are appreciated! :goodvibes
i buy AA flights as soone as they open. If there are sAAver awards, grab them.

The CSR will work great for the hotel, don’t forget to use the travel credit. I used mine for a DLR ticket thru Undercover Tourist. If you’re worried about changes, book refundable. I usually do that anyway because if the price drops you can cancel and rebook.
I see my Big Fat Check in my Informed Delivery today I believe. :D

(And it certainly isn't a big or fat check...it's a tiny check...because I'm cheap and don't spend any money on anything ever...)
Mine deposited in PayPal already. It’s not big but next one might be because I think I talked a coworker into signing up for Ebate with my link so she could get $10 plus $10 more off Disney+ :rolleyes1

Do you go to Disney multiple times a year....If so I probably wouldn’t ...
If you don’t go often and can see/do things would have missed then I’d do it

Due to weather, I just found out I have to cancel my hotel reservations for this weekend (Fri and Sat) that I made through the Chase Portal on my CSR. It is past the cancel date of Nov 12 so it says I will have to pay one night. I made it on points. I assume I am stuck with the terms as stated (loss of one night's points,) but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of any work-around.

Is it severe weather that might be covered by travel insurance?

Here are the benefit details:
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve2
If not, I'd still call, see what they can do for you. Maybe it can be changed to a different date without the penalty.

Give Chase a call. Chase will give Expedia a call and then Expedia will give the hotel a call and ask to waive the penalty. Both Expedia and the hotel along the chain can either say yes or no, so it depends really. I would give it a shot. The worst they can say is no.

It makes it much harder ever since Expedia got involved in UR bookings as they are notorious for denying refunds even though the hotel approves no-penalty cancellations. Sometimes they even re-sell the rooms in which you cannot make to make double profit by changing the name on the reservation. It's really scummy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter