I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s for 4 people. And it’s basically the difference between getting up at leaving on the me vs having a good chunk of the day to do things.
I refuse to hoard points. If you want to do it, I say go ahead. If it's going to stop you from doing something you want down the line, I might reconsider.

After learning so much from all of you we were able to book hotel reservations thru the UR portal from points that were all moved to the CSR - since we had enough points to pay for the entire reservation do the travel insurance benefits apply to this reservation or should I have charged part of the reservation to the CSR card?
I'm 99% sure that bookings using UR points from the CSR have the same travel protection benefits as a CSR $$ booking.
You should have the same travel protections using URs as using the CSR. But...if it comes to filing a claim, you should know that Chase uses a 3rd party benefits administrator and that company will ask for documents of everything under the sun. I've read it's best to put a small amount on the CSR so that the transaction shows up on a credit card statement, i.e. documentation, showing the charge. I got that tidbit from this informative article about making a real life claim with Chase.

Nah. This is all too common. Reference Barcray-cray and Citi. In healthcare, electronic medical records are used everywhere and let me tell you, IT there sucks as well. Not at all user friendly and not developed by people who understand what the users actually need. (For instance today I found out that an order for “Dietitian to manage tubefeeding” shows up in nursing orders for nurses to see and never shows up in the Dietitian orders.). Apparently these companies just let IT run amuck and don’t care or they hire ridiculously incompetent IT and don’t care. Either way consumers lose.
My dh is in IT and they've never been allowed to run amuck. He's worked for large companies and for small ones. If systems were down and people were complaining, heads were rolling. I've watched him go through some very stressful times, where as the IT Director, he felt his job could be on the line due to a failed upgrade or system down at a bad time or whatever. I do think the really, really big companies get away with more though. Disney can sell out anything and everything no matter how bad their IT sucks. So where is the incentive to improve things??

Now we’re having disney+ issues- error 83 on all our devices. We’ve tried resetting our router, using streaming data on our phones, mobile hotspot. It’s all the same. Super annoying.

I'm so sorry :(

If you read the Disney+ help twitter, you will find GOBS of people like me and sadly, like you now, who are locked out. I've seen the error 83 mentioned a lot.

We just get "you need to contact customer service" error.

Last edited:

Thank you for posting this. I’m glad they finally showed up for you. It’s shown me I’ll need to be patient when I get my card this Spring.
Not sure which card you are going for. This was a personal for dh, my biz card miles showed up just a couple of days after my statement closed, and I could see my Hawaiian account number on the Biz card website right away.

My dh is in IT and they've never been allowed to run amuck. He's worked for large companies and for small ones. If systems were down and people were complaining, heads were rolling. I've watched him go through some very stressful times, where as the IT Director, he felt his job could be on the line due to a failed upgrade or system down at a bad time or whatever. I do think the really, really big companies get away with more though. Disney can sell out anything and everything no matter how bad their IT sucks. So where is the incentive to improve things??
Wasn’t at all implying your DH would let the same happen, just that lots of companies have crappy IT. Lots of companies have great IT departments with talented employees. But lots of companies either hire or tolerate bad work.
Obviously Disney doesn’t much care whether their IT does a good job, and we keep throwing money at them. So you’re right, no incentive to improve.

Not sure which card you are going for. This was a personal for dh, my biz card miles showed up just a couple of days after my statement closed, and I could see my Hawaiian account number on the Biz card website right away.
I’ll be trying for the Hawaiian Biz. Hopefully I’ll have good luck like you. 👍🏻

Wasn’t at all implying your DH would let the same happen, just that lots of companies have crappy IT. Lots of companies have great IT departments with talented employees. But lots of companies either hire or tolerate bad work.
Obviously Disney doesn’t much care whether their IT does a good job, and we keep throwing money at them. So you’re right, no incentive to improve.
I didn’t think you were implying that at all!! I was just saying that this kind of thing is not always tolerated. My dh is constantly expressing his amazement at just how bad Disney’s IT is and that no one seems to care.

Do not rely on Chase to stand by your side in a dispute. This has been horrible! Long story short, Sears delivered a Grill that was damaged and not working, they sent a random box of parts to have me fix it but not all of the parts, they also cheated me out of $300 in points I was supposed to receive, and were supposed to assemble it for the $120 I paid but did nothing more than drop it off in a box...... I disputed the charge and Sears sent back their normal return policy info, Chase called me and left a VM, I called back 5 MINS later and the lady said since I was not reachable she closed the case. So I requested it be re-opened and sent a written response. Today they reply back saying they side with Sears and there was "NO BILLING ERROR" on the account. Well @*(#), it was not a billing error, it was a failure to deliver a working product and failure to provide services paid for. I am fuming again.

Anyone else having trouble seeing their AMEX offers tonight? I want to order something online but can't even get the offers to load (so I can't read the fine print).

Didn't Disney recently lay off most of their in-house IT and replace them with an outsourced company?

Anyone else having trouble seeing their AMEX offers tonight? I want to order something online but can't even get the offers to load (so I can't read the fine print).

I have one login that gives frequent issues displaying offers - usually changing to a different browser solves it - but not today, offers not loading all day. So infuriating to see the 'Sorry, this doesn't happen often......' message when in reality it happens way too often.

Didn't Disney recently lay off most of their in-house IT and replace them with an outsourced company?
I thought they did that years ago...? I know I chatted with 'Allan' last night for about 45 mins. His English was perfect. It was not like some of my Amazon chats. Either way, it would not surprise any of us that Disney wants to pad their pockets just a bit more so they've went minimal on the IT staff they've put towards Disney+ issues.

I have one login that gives frequent issues displaying offers - usually changing to a different browser solves it - but not today, offers not loading all day. So infuriating to see the 'Sorry, this doesn't happen often......' message when in reality it happens way too often.
This is me too. I can usually bring up the offers by changing browsers but I've had trouble no matter which browser I use both yesterday and today. I've also had problems with other parts of their site. The app has been crashing a lot on me too.

Do not rely on Chase to stand by your side in a dispute. This has been horrible! Long story short, Sears delivered a Grill that was damaged and not working, they sent a random box of parts to have me fix it but not all of the parts, they also cheated me out of $300 in points I was supposed to receive, and were supposed to assemble it for the $120 I paid but did nothing more than drop it off in a box...... I disputed the charge and Sears sent back their normal return policy info, Chase called me and left a VM, I called back 5 MINS later and the lady said since I was not reachable she closed the case. So I requested it be re-opened and sent a written response. Today they reply back saying they side with Sears and there was "NO BILLING ERROR" on the account. Well @*(#), it was not a billing error, it was a failure to deliver a working product and failure to provide services paid for. I am fuming again.
I'm so sorry. I posted before that my only experience with disputing through Chase also ended poorly. Like you, I knew without any doubt I was in the right. I've disputed like 3 charges in my entire cc life. I don't take that lightly at all. Chase wore me down so much I finally just gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter