I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use have-a-heart traps for the field mice that come in every fall. I drive them to a park several miles away to release them. Had about 5 in the last month!

DD in San Francisco has been having a mouse issue. I think she may need professional help with them, suggested she talk to her landlord.

giphy.gif

Ebates/Rakuten is offering 20% back at eBags to kick off Cyber Monday right now!

Don’t forget there’s an Amex Offer for eBags.com - Spend $125 or more, get $25 back - Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $125+ in one or more transactions online at ebags.com by 12/31/2019. (There may be a Membership Rewards Points version of this offer.)

Harry & David is also at 20% back on Ebates/Rakuten.

Stack with the following Amex Offers, and don’t forget free shipping with ShopRunner if you have an Amex card (ShopRunner may not combine with promo codes).

HarryandDavid.com - Spend $75 or more, get $20 back (or 2,000 Membership Rewards Points) - Get a one-time $20 statement credit (or 2,000 Membership Rewards Points) by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75 in one or more transactions online at HarryandDavid.com by 12/31/2019. Offer valid online only at harryanddavid.com, 1800flowers.com, cheryls.com, thepopcornfactory.com, 1800baskets.com, fruitbouquets.com, wolfermans.com, stockyards.com, Personalization.com, SimplyChocolate.com, and Goodsey.com. Excludes e-gift card purchases and transactions made via Floriology.com, Thinkflorist.com, Bloom.net, NAPCO, NapcoImports.com, and Bayberryroad.com.

HarryandDavid.com - Get 10% back on purchases - Get 10% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make purchases online at HarryandDavid.com by 12/31/2019. Offer valid online only at harryanddavid.com, 1800flowers.com, cheryls.com, thepopcornfactory.com, 1800baskets.com, fruitbouquets.com, wolfermans.com, stockyards.com, Personalization.com, SimplyChocolate.com, and Goodsey.com. Excludes e-gift card purchases and transactions made via Floriology.com, Thinkflorist.com, Bloom.net, NAPCO, NapcoImports.com, and Bayberryroad.com.
Thanks for posting, we are kind of obsessed with these pears! I have 2 orders of pears and one of he honeybell oranges for DH scheduled. :)

DP for Amex Travel Credit --- First-year as an Aspire cardholder; I recently selected Frontier for my travel reimbursement. I purchased 2 tickets totaling $88 on Friday. Today the charges clearly show Frontier Airlines $88, list my ticket confirmation, and coded as 7x travel.
frown.gif
Bummer as I could have used my Frontier Mastercard instead. I have vouchers to use for the return trip (waiting to see if price drops) and I'm going to try that route. We have $500 between the two of us, and I hate to see that money/credit just wasted.

I have elite 50K status, so I do not pay for my carry on, seating, etc.

DH and I both upgraded to the Aspire this year, and the flight benefit doesn't really work for us. It's a bummer because I like everything else (besides the $450 annual fee). I don't see either of us keeping the Aspire; the resort credit is also limited. The only real benefit to us over the Ascend card is the automatic free night certificate.

I am almost done with Christmas shopping! Yay! Haven’t stepped foot in a store yet. I think FIL is the only one left plus stocking gifts and giving tree for school. Giving tree has to be Target since one is for a Target GC and the other is a sweater (I always feel a little sad when a kid requests clothes for Christmas) and it should be easy to return.

DP for Amex Travel Credit --- First-year as an Aspire cardholder; I recently selected Frontier for my travel reimbursement. I purchased 2 tickets totaling $88 on Friday. Today the charges clearly show Frontier Airlines $88, list my ticket confirmation, and coded as 7x travel.
frown.gif
Bummer as I could have used my Frontier Mastercard instead. I have vouchers to use for the return trip (waiting to see if price drops) and I'm going to try that route. We have $500 between the two of us, and I hate to see that money/credit just wasted.

I have elite 50K status, so I do not pay for my carry on, seating, etc.

DH and I both upgraded to the Aspire this year, and the flight benefit doesn't really work for us. It's a bummer because I like everything else (besides the $450 annual fee). I don't see either of us keeping the Aspire; the resort credit is also limited. The only real benefit to us over the Ascend card is the automatic free night certificate.
Maybe give the credit a couple more days to post. I had a similar situation and it took about 5 days for the credit to show up.

I like all the pics. My Hyatt points are safe, though. I still have anxiety from driving to Big Sur at night several years ago. We have family who have a house in Big Sur and our weekend there was completely overshadowed by just how scary the drive to their place was. It was pitch dark, and I didn't see how treacherous it was until the drive out during the daylight, but I followed my cousin driving in and it was not a drive I'd be willing to repeat. :( I'm sure the roads to the hotels are much wider, but still...

Is this the place that’s adults only?
Who wants to babysit for me?

Yes, sadly I found out it’s an adults-only resort after I started playing with a redemption when Hyatt first added the Ventana to their portfolio. I settled for the Hyatt Carmel Highlands up the road, and while “fine” it didn’t really “wow” at the same 30k/night redemption level.

Lucky also reviewed another adults-only property in Napa, the Las Alcobas Napa Valley, although it looks like he just missed the peak of the grape vines changing colors.
https://onemileatatime.com/las-alcobas-napa-valley-review/

I like all the pics. My Hyatt points are safe, though. I still have anxiety from driving to Big Sur at night several years ago. We have family who have a house in Big Sur and our weekend there was completely overshadowed by just how scary the drive to their place was. It was pitch dark, and I didn't see how treacherous it was until the drive out during the daylight, but I followed my cousin driving in and it was not a drive I'd be willing to repeat. :( I'm sure the roads to the hotels are much wider, but still...

So are you saying you won’t be staying where Sean Parker had his $10 million Lord of the Rings-themed wedding?

Alrighty, I bought CCF $25 to get 2 free slices (already did one on Sat), Earl of Sandwich $25 to get 2 $5 reward cards, Chili's $50 to get 2 $10 reward cards and $60 at TX Roadhouse to get 2 $5 reward cards. What else am I missing?? It's kind of funny cause we rarely eat out so we use the reward cards by their expiry date and then 'sip' on the GC's. These restaurant deals are one of my fav BF/CM deals!

I skipped Panera cause I am sitting on a bunch I got for a good deal on Amazon but I'm interested in hearing about any others while CM is still alive lol!

So are you saying you won’t be staying where Sean Parker had his $10 million Lord of the Rings-themed wedding?

I guess not. Big Sur is really beautiful, though. We could see so many stars from there, and the moon over the ocean was just breathtaking. It's a really special place, but every time I think about it I get really stressed. The drive was honestly that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!