I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what pop up/ad blockers are iOS folks using to view DIS? I currently use Opera browser and it was fine. Lately I get more ads passing through and typing replies has become a pain. I need a new option (preferably a free one).
Download the norton ad blocker. I’ve had zero issues since I downloaded it

Download the norton ad blocker. I’ve had zero issues since I downloaded it

Anyone have one that works with Chrome? I don't want to switch to Safari. :rotfl2:

Edit: For iOS, I have a working one for Chrome on my laptop.

Last edited:
I only have a dl amex biz, is there a way to find personal prequalified offers or is it only going to be biz related?

Also never used card match before but they are working on things and can't process my info. Thinking it's a sign to stop what I'm doing 😊

I think we got the Biz Gold around the same time last year (AF glitch time?) since my AF just posted too. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to hold onto mine to sign DH up for something through my card, for the 25K support (with the Schwab Plat that's worth $312 to me so the AF would be offset). He's already had the Biz Plat, BGR, and Biz Green (all 3 have been canceled in the past 12 months), and also has the BBP (which I think is a great call for your DH!). I've been contemplating the Plum for him for a while, but I'm also wanting a $0 AF card to hold on to keep Amex happy since I'm probably canceling his Bonvoy Biz and Hilton Biz this year. I might do the Blue Biz Cash for him just because of the $0AF. The SUB (via incognito, $250 on $10K MSR) on that is paltry so I may not even bother trying to hit MSR on it. I realize the Plum is $0AF for the first year, but since I'm anticipating closing his Bonvoy and Hilton cards, and his account has 3 other cards closed in the last year, I don't really want to poke the bear (RAT) by closing the Plum in a year. I'm running out of Amex cards that interest me.

Have you experienced the pop ups? I can say that neither DH or I have gotten a pop up, and we have both canceled Amex cards a couple months prior to being approved for other Amex cards. That said, we have a long history with Amex (17 years) so that may play a part in it too. And we put a lot of grocery spend on our Golds.

I agree with your thinking about deciding on your Plat retention offer before canceling your Biz Gold. I would think about if you can use those 4x categories on the Biz Gold, and the 25% points rebate for flights on your chosen airline, and weigh if those benefits help you out at all. In the past year I've been paying attention, the Biz Gold has had the highest support links of all the MR cards FWIW.

It is the no AF Biz Gold. :) Got me started down the whole MR journey. I've gotten a ton of value out of it. 20k support x 2 last year, 25k support x 2 this year. Relatively new to churning, so had lots of options for cards to get, but it's starting to get slim now (biz options especially).

Glad to hear canceling cards hasn't affect you. I haven't gotten the pop-up. Knock on wood. 🤞 🤞 🤞 DH has though, on the Aspire. It's made me a little paranoid. We both have 24 years history with Amex (showing our age, lol). I still have the Blue from college days, that's my no AF MR holder.

I have the Biz Plat with 35% points rebate for flights and DH has a fairly new Biz Gold for restaurants. If we're not together, then I'd probably use my CSR for 3x restaurants (or I think of it as 4.5x through the portal). So, hard to justify keeping the Biz Gold.

How long ago did you book? It took about 24 hrs to get my Dolphin reservation to link.
I booked yesterday 1/26 around 9 am. I called the Swan and they couldn’t see my reservation yet and said it could take 48-72 hours. Will it automatically show up in MDE? I booked through a 3rd party and the confirmation is 123-1234567. When I booked online, it said I should have a 9 digit confirmation number and to pad with a 0 in the front if it was only 8 digits. I am just impatient since we are past our 60 FP window.

I'm not sure it makes sense to self report the referral bonus if Chase doesn't send a 1099. I think an argument can be made that it's not really income. If chase sends the 1099, the minimal tax makes it not worth fighting, but if they don't send one and the IRS makes an issue of it, I doubt there will be a penalty, you'll probably just have to pay the extra $2.50 (LOL) in taxes. Any accountants want to chime in?
I'm planning to wait it out and see if a 1099 comes, feign ignorance to the IRS if it comes to that. But $400 for me and $350 for DH would result in quite a bit more tax than $2.50!

Anyone catch any rumors on the construction/refurbishment work at Disneyland Hotel from Feb through Winter 2020 that will take some guest rooms out of commission? I haven't heard anything but saw this unfortunate cryptic notice on the DL website today so I'm trying to track down what they heck it is talking about.

The website says call Disney for more info, Disney says refer to the website. Gah! Like are we looking at a (much needed) hotel refurb or preliminary work for the yet-to-be-approved DVC Tower or something totally different? Planning a trip this spring on-site so this is quite annoying...

Anyone catch any rumors on the construction/refurbishment work at Disneyland Hotel from Feb through Winter 2020 that will take some guest rooms out of commission? I haven't heard anything but saw this unfortunate cryptic notice on the DL website today so I'm trying to track down what they heck it is talking about.

The website says call Disney for more info, Disney says refer to the website. Gah! Like are we looking at a (much needed) hotel refurb or preliminary work for the yet-to-be-approved DVC Tower or something totally different? Planning a trip this spring on-site so this is quite annoying...

Hmmm, no... but seeing as how my ladies' trip is at the end of February and we are all booked at the DLH... hmmmm

Can you post what you saw?

We got home last night at 1:30 a.m. and my first thought was "Oh ****, the weeds in the front yard are completely out of control." Spent all night being woken up intermittently by our cats fighting (the sitter said they were perfect angels all week) and literally jumping on my face. This morning I went to check the mail that had stacked up and it looks like I have some 1095s, W2s, and 1099s (none from Amex yet for our Hiltons at least) waiting for us to take to our tax guy at some point. I don't know how I'll manage to get myself out of bed for work tomorrow. I miss WDW so bad! :sad: I'm trying to muster the energy to be excited about Japan possibly happening but it just makes me feel anxious.

To try and keep my whine somewhat on topic, I have to say that our one night at the Monteleone after the NOLA wedding we went to was a PERFECT use of points. There was a second line at 11 pm from the reception back to the hotel and I was very grateful I could just go upstairs and go to sleep before our 9 am flight the next morning. Sadly I think that I will not be able to repeat my successful Riviera stay but it was a beautiful hotel and we really enjoyed the skyliner. Our tower studio was small but just perfect for the two of us.

Edited to add: We also got a lot of use out of the Lyft Pink membership that comes with my CSR on this trip. It took the sting out of my last-minute decision to Lyft to and from Animal Kingdom yesterday to squeeze in one last rope-drop before breakfast at 10:30 a.m.

Hmmm, no... but seeing as how my ladies' trip is at the end of February and we are all booked at the DLH... hmmmm

Can you post what you saw?
Announcement on the hotel website There's a little alert symbol right under the photo of the hotel. Tried asking in a couple places today but Disney won't say anymore and no one seems to have heard anything :(

"...From February 2 through winter 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.
To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425..."​

I booked yesterday 1/26 around 9 am. I called the Swan and they couldn’t see my reservation yet and said it could take 48-72 hours. Will it automatically show up in MDE? I booked through a 3rd party and the confirmation is 123-1234567. When I booked online, it said I should have a 9 digit confirmation number and to pad with a 0 in the front if it was only 8 digits. I am just impatient since we are past our 60 FP window.
I booked direct with Marriot for the Dolphin and had a 9 digit number from them. I had to manually link the confirmation number with MDE. It sounds like a delay with the 3rd party since the Swan can't see your reservation yet.

Announcement on the hotel website There's a little alert symbol right under the photo of the hotel. Tried asking in a couple places today but Disney won't say anymore and no one seems to have heard anything :(

"...From February 2 through winter 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.
To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425..."​
Ah, thank you. I'll make sure my group's planning committee saw that just in case. (It's possible they already knew and advised us, but then I miss a lot)

Ah, thank you. I'll make sure my group's planning committee saw that just in case. (It's possible they already knew and advised us, but then I miss a lot)
Just got a bit more info out of online chat! They say its a soft goods improvement, like changing out curtains. Hopefully that means no construction noises but I'm not really well versed in what soft goods improvement entails tbh.

Just got a bit more info out of online chat! They say its a soft goods improvement, like changing out curtains. Hopefully that means no construction noises but I'm not really well versed in what soft goods improvement entails tbh.
Thank you!

You could try Disney Wholesale. If you booked 3rd party they can usually find your reservation. They don’t even need the confirmation number, just your name and date iirc.
The number is (407) 939-7671

I think this justifies moving your trip over to the Grand Californian. :teacher:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!