I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got a bit of an u usual situation going on. I’m not sure if anyone has had to deal with this, but figured I’d ask.

I’m trying to do a citi bank bonus. I got as far in the application as my mother’s maiden name. It’s not accepting her name because it is only three letters long, and they say it has to be at least four letters long. Should I just double the last letter? That wouldn’t change the pronunciation at all if I ever had to call, but I’m worried I might forget the extra letter if I ever have to type it.

Seems ridiculous to me. There are loads of three letter last names, and even two letters. Ng, for example. Anyhow, any suggestions for me?

I’ve got a bit of an u usual situation going on. I’m not sure if anyone has had to deal with this, but figured I’d ask.

I’m trying to do a citi bank bonus. I got as far in the application as my mother’s maiden name. It’s not accepting her name because it is only three letters long, and they say it has to be at least four letters long. Should I just double the last letter? That wouldn’t change the pronunciation at all if I ever had to call, but I’m worried I might forget the extra letter if I ever have to type it.

Seems ridiculous to me. There are loads of three letter last names, and even two letters. Ng, for example. Anyhow, any suggestions for me?
Double it and make a note in your bank bonuses spreadsheet and/or where you keep your passwords.

I thought only rich people and corporations get to feign ignorance and the rest of are responsible for knowing everything? :rotfl2:
:teeth: I never report income I didn't get a 1099 for. Chase has my address. If they don't send it, didn't happen! I'm the same with jury duty pay and the twice a year check I get for working the elections.

I'm heading to Florida for 3 weeks next Monday, so I'm in no hurry to do my taxes. We will owe the US treasury quite a bit I think.

:teeth: I never report income I didn't get a 1099 for. Chase has my address. If they don't send it, didn't happen! I'm the same with jury duty pay and the twice a year check I get for working the elections.

I'm heading to Florida for 3 weeks next Monday, so I'm in no hurry to do my taxes. We will owe the US treasury quite a bit I think.

I have to count that 20 bucks from jury duty as income? It's a duty, I'm not there for the pay. That's lame.

That was my Dad’s theory. Imho if you hit the 600 threshold claim it anyway though... his tale is still in progress you see Chase sent him a $600 1099. In July. Oops. Said they’d pay for fixing it. He’s waiting on his check, been about a month since he submitted the paperwork for reimbursement. But looks like Chase is trying to 1099 people for THAT reimbursement- definitely not 1099able- so that’ll be fun for his 2020 taxes if they don’t stop that practice...

I'm not sure it makes sense to self report the referral bonus if Chase doesn't send a 1099. I think an argument can be made that it's not really income. If chase sends the 1099, the minimal tax makes it not worth fighting, but if they don't send one and the IRS makes an issue of it, I doubt there will be a penalty, you'll probably just have to pay the extra $2.50 (LOL) in taxes. Any accountants want to chime in?
I completely forgot to include one of my bank bonus 1099s last year (stuck to the back of another one) & I do not seem to be on a criminal watchlist. Yet.

u get fined if u get audited... happen to my parents... :\
What?! How can they fine you just because they randomly decided to audit you? If they find something inconsistent, okay, but it’s crazy to me if they can fine you just for being audited. That doesn’t sound right.

The 1099 was $100 so I can’t imagine it would even be worth their or my time. I didn’t realize it until last month and figured it would look even MORE suspicious to file an amended foreign earned income return in December. If they want to fine me some percentage of $2 or whatever it would be, they can knock themselves out, I guess.

I’ve come back to you experts seeking help once again!
Does anyone know that if I book an American Airlines flight through points on the Chase UR Portal (it’s basic economy so no carry on), am I able to still get the free checked bag that my AA Citi Card allows? I’m not booking through the card, but I was hoping to take advantage of the checked bag instead.
Thanks for any help in advance!

I googled this because I was curious and the consensus seemed to be that it is a decent time to go, but plan it so that schools are back in session, so like mid week during the first week of September.

I also went down a rabbit hole about whether face cloths were used in London hotels.

I'm planning to be there the first few days of September. I figure it'll be fine.

What was the consensus on the face cloths? I've always had them in the rooms I booked in London.

I’ve come back to you experts seeking help once again!
Does anyone know that if I book an American Airlines flight through points on the Chase UR Portal (it’s basic economy so no carry on), am I able to still get the free checked bag that my AA Citi Card allows? I’m not booking through the card, but I was hoping to take advantage of the checked bag instead.
Thanks for any help in advance!
https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/citi-american-airlines-platinum-card-checked-bag-benefit/

What?! How can they fine you just because they randomly decided to audit you? If they find something inconsistent, okay, but it’s crazy to me if they can fine you just for being audited. That doesn’t sound right.

The 1099 was $100 so I can’t imagine it would even be worth their or my time. I didn’t realize it until last month and figured it would look even MORE suspicious to file an amended foreign earned income return in December. If they want to fine me some percentage of $2 or whatever it would be, they can knock themselves out, I guess.

my guess is that the computer runs a check against the filer(the bank). the bank also reports that they sent u a 1099. If you dont report your 1099, then the IRS sees the inconsistency and audits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter