I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to sound any alarms... but I currently cannot generate a new CIP support link.

Could be nothing...or you could soon be looking back at my statement a week ago as prophetic.

$5k links still work but they could stop at any time! Also FYI, it is now April so if you were waiting for the month to turn, it’s go time!!
I also cannot generate a new link. I applied for my own CIP (been almost 3 years since I went for a Chase card!!!) and got the 2 week message immediately after calling the status line. Thanks for the nudge ;)

I have read so many threads on the stimulus package I can’t remember where I saw what information. I think we talked about this here. Probably doesn’t affect anyone directly on this thread, but maybe parents or grandparents. Anyone who doesn’t usually file a tax return WILL need to file one to get paid. It says info will be sent with instructions.

Piggybacking of the above information, for those of us that pay in, here is the IRS's solution for receiving your stimulus payment by direct deposit. So I guess we watch their website.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

I also cannot generate a new link. I applied for my own CIP (been almost 3 years since I went for a Chase card!!!) and got the 2 week message immediately after calling the status line. Thanks for the nudge ;)

According to Doctor of Credit credit card issuers are suspending affiliate links and possibly referrals.

Hopefully the Chase issue is a glitch.

Last edited:
I don’t want to sound any alarms... but I currently cannot generate a new CIP support link.

Could be nothing...or you could soon be looking back at my statement a week ago as prophetic.

$5k links still work but they could stop at any time! Also FYI, it is now April so if you were waiting for the month to turn, it’s go time!!
I also cannot generate a new referral link this morning, but my previously generated P2 referral link still works, and I just finished my application.

There has been some talk that credit card issuers may decrease approvals during this economic slowdown, even for those with good credit. I'm encouraged by @calypso726's approval yesterday. I guess I will be calling that approval line frequently.

AmEx offers

Happycards.com Spend$100 get $15 expires 7/05

+1 MR point for Lowe's, Dell, and Best Buy
Stack on a card with another offer. I still have the Lowe's 10% on our BBP cards.

That's just the ones that caught my eye in the app this morning. Could be more.

GUYS!!!! We were approved for our first CIP! Yay!!! So excited. Just called the phone line and got the approval message, saying card would arrive in 10 days. Now we may need some ideas to get creative and meet the MSR, since we have another we’re working on too. But I’m literally so pumped about this!! Thank you guys for all the help as we dive into the business card world.

ETA: Approval took less than 48 hours 😱

GUYS!!!! We were approved for our first CIP! Yay!!! So excited. Just called the phone line and got the approval message, saying card would arrive in 10 days. Now we may need some ideas to get creative and meet the MSR, since we have another we’re working on too. But I’m literally so pumped about this!! Thank you guys for all the help as we dive into the business card world.

Congratulations !! I applied 3/24 and got the Thank You for your request. We need to review message. I just tried to call but I got a person. I don't want to talk to a person because I appled for DH. It sounds like you got a recorded message. What number did you call?

Anyone else use their Amex gold credit at Boxed? I’ve noticed in the past week many of the prices on things I usually get have jumped up. I usually get fruit cups, casade, pull ups and some other stuff. It seems like they just went across everything and added $3 to the cost of everything. Their prices were already a bit more than costco but with the $10 credit evened out a bit. Not worth it now.

Last edited:

Congrats party:

Not sure if this is known or not, but this morning I woke up to the following secure message from Chase about my Sapphire Reserve which is about to get hit with the increased annual fee this month.

We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone. As a way to help, we're providing you a one-time $100 statement credit toward the 2020 $550 annual fee on your Reserve credit card. On an upcoming billing statement (based on your renewal date), you'll see a $550 charge for the annual fee, followed by a $100 statement credit. We will continue to bill the $550 annual fee in 2021. Because this credit only applies to open Reserve accounts, if you've closed your Reserve account or traded to another credit card before your renewal, you will not receive the $100 statement credit. We know COVID-19 has affected people in many different ways. Please check chase.com/StayConnected for updates and helpful ways to stay connected to your accounts.

Was planning to keep the card open anyway, so this was a nice surprise! Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke!

Really? Paper towels, a Kleenex, masking tape, a twisty-tie, and rubber bands are the parts needed for the mask. The plastic folder and two binder clips for a face shield, ok maybe not everybody has those. I'm probably a little weird for having a fondness for office supplies (thanks CIC) but I have all of those supplies at home.
Nope, no twist ties, no masking tape (I have 1 inch painters tape) no hole punch, no binder clips, no plastic folder. And I barely have any Kleenex, which is as hard to come by here as TP. I was not criticizing, just saying I just don’t have those things.

Anyone else use their Amex gold credit at Boxed? I’ve noticed in the past week many of the prices on things I usually get have jumped up. I usually get fruit cups, casade, pull ups and some other stuff. It seems like they just went across everything and added $3 to the cost of everything. Their prices were already a bit more than costco but with the $10 credit evened out a bit. Not worth it now.
I’ve used it twice in the past 2 weeks, but not before. It does seem the prices went up a bit this week, but they are now out of anything I need. I used Boxed because they had stuff Costco did not and shipping was free. It’s worth it if they have stuff I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter