I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 4th San Diego is now requiring facial coverings masks be worn by employees of . . .
Grocery Stores
Convenience Stores
Restaurants
Pharmacies
Gas Stations
I think it is great . I have family working in essential jobs . I hope the mask requirement it starts happening in other states as fast as the closure of non essential Businesses did . it's been 5 weeks now since March 9th but it's seems so much longer . They recommend that the General Public wear facial coverings too a mask . a bandana is sufficient at this time . I can only do my part and hope others will do it too . take care and stay well

all my local grocery stores put up glass/plastic window between the shopper and the cashiers now.

I was pretty bored today, too. I can't complain too much because we have nice weather and we're both at home healthy. We played way too many video games yesterday and today. It's fun though! I did make myself workout today doing abs and cardio so there's that. I also put away the dishes and loaded new ones into the dishwasher and watered our plants. I felt really tired all day though. I think a big thing for me is forcing myself to shower and get ready for the day so I don't feel so droopy.
You did NOT play too many video games. Playing a lot of video games all at once won’t even be an option in your future so embrace every freaking minute you have to do EXACTLY what you want (in your house obvs 😂).

April 4th San Diego is now requiring facial coverings masks be worn by employees of . . .
Grocery Stores
Convenience Stores
Restaurants
Pharmacies
Gas Stations
I think it is great . I have family working in essential jobs . I hope the mask requirement it starts happening in other states as fast as the closure of non essential Businesses did . it's been 5 weeks now since March 9th but it's seems so much longer . They recommend that the General Public wear facial coverings too a mask . a bandana is sufficient at this time . I can only do my part and hope others will do it too . take care and stay well
It’s being recommended where I’m at now too. Idk what I’ll wear honestly, sounds like anything will do. I suspect the stores have been trying to prep for this but people in general are definitely gonna be grouchier after having been stuck in a face mask for 8+ hours...

I'm afraid to plan anything! 😢

I'm not afraid to plan, I just don't want to put forth the effort if it won't happen. I'd love to ask for the time off now and buy a plane ticket for the week before labor day to go visit my friend outside DC. I could probably get a good deal which is why I'd save my points/miles, but it seems like bad taste to ask for time off now. Also, if stuff isn't open there's no reason to go. Yes I'll be visiting her but she'll be working some of the time I'm there so I'd planned to go into DC to go to the library of congress and other stuff, rent a car and visit Mt Vernon etc. If that stuff isn't open then I'd rather wait and go another time, but it will probably not be until 2022. Because I don't want to go when it's cold, I go places to thaw out. So then WDW at the end of Oct/begin of Nov sounds good but does it really, maybe May next year instead. Thankfully my new job lets you roll vacation over so what I don't use I can save, but I can't just go and use it all next year either. We're still planning on Asia for next fall and am glad I have until this fall to see how things shake out.

I will at least have a Hyatt cert to use because it doesn't expire until March of next year so we'll see what I do with that. Had planned to use with DC maybe or a night up in Vancouver if the border opens back up. There's just too much uncertainty but no shortage of stuff I'd like to plan.

Considering buying a mask on Etsy. We aren't peaking in VA for seven more weeks so it will get good use.

I ordered one for everyone in the family yesterday. They're supposed to come in a week. I've definitely noticed more people wearing them when I went to the grocery store today.

I was just thinking about posting something like this. Does anyone else think 2020 may be a total travel loss? Our next planned vacation is to Whistler B.C. in mid July. I think about the odds of that trip happening daily. So I’m curious as to what others are thinking, and your hopes in terms of when we may get back to traveling. Do you think September-December is possible? We’re postponing our Disneyland trip to December, but some days I wonder if that is even possible. Would love to hear your thoughts about your upcoming travels.

We have trips planned for the end of May to WDW, an end of July trip to DLR, a Sept trip to Anaheim for a wedding, and a Nov F&W trip. So far I haven't cancelled any, although I'm very doubtful the May trip will happen. I have a backup June and July ressie booked to make up for May. Right now it's hard to know how we'll feel then, but at this point I think we'll feel comfortable. But, we're all healthy (knock on wood) without any underlying conditions.
With every passing day I am coming more and more to grips that our May30th trip is not going to work out. This is the first one trip to WDW we've told DD7 about ahead of time so not sure how I am going to break that news now. Got all the dinning we wanted, got our FP's setup on Tues morning for everything we wanted except th uye 30th was 99% distributed, Bugs life was the ONLY thing left. Going to be a complicated trip to move so going to have to call Disney and see what that process will entail. Going to sit on it for a few more weeks tho.
Still holding out hope for May too! I hate to give up all the work I've put into it!

Grocery Stores
Convenience Stores
Restaurants
Pharmacies
Gas Stations

My dd17 works at Target and will be having to wear a mask at work now. Our governor issued a recommendation for all to wear a mask when out of the house.

The structure is done! There are some trees but I don't feel up to tackling those just now.

Attachments

• 20200405_101935459_iOS.jpg
    20200405_101935459_iOS.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200405_101943491_iOS.jpg
    20200405_101943491_iOS.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200405_101919329_iOS.jpg
    20200405_101919329_iOS.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200405_101927094_iOS.jpg
    20200405_101927094_iOS.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 27

I am wondering if since this is going against the AF if it would be income. I haven't gotten any 1099s for statement credits against things I bought at Staples or 5 Guys. Seems more like a rebate or coupon which wouldn't be income. I probably don't have to worry since my AF is in September. Not sure they will still be doing statement credits then.

Oh this just made me think. My TC is up in September. I was expecting to use at Glacier on hotels. If that doesn't happen, I'll need to do something.
So while we count it against the AF and to us it's a rebate on that service, Chase hasn't been seeing it that way for normal retention offers. They've been counting it that they paid us income independent of us paying a similar fee. The statement credits we receive for offers, like Staples, is tied to a purchase and can be seen as a normal rebate so those aren't the same thing. (and FWIW, I'm pretty sure Chase isn't paying money for that program, the advertiser/marketing company is likely reimbursing all that credit and Chase is just the facilitator)
The statement credits that are offered as retention offers aren't actually tied to a line item. And Chase reps don't say that they'll reduce or waive your AF when they make the offer, they just say that they'll give you X dollars if you don't cancel and don't tie it to the AF - or at least, the one I had didn't. And you can see the difference in the descriptions:

Screenshot (1262).png

While the SM does actually tie the statement credit to the AF this time, they way they are processing it - by charging the full AF and then giving a statement credit - I suspect it'll get wrapped up like other retention offers and we'll see it on a 1099, whether we should or not. Mine won't be charged until May 1 so I don't know if they are giving it a different description that might exclude it when they run 1099's. (Anyone here get charged 4/1?)

I would be happy to be wrong in this case, but rather than be surprised later (like we all were last year) I thought I'd mention it.

DS’s school ”was” really big on good handshakes, I would if we ever get back to that and human decency. The social distancing makes me feel paranoid And as if we don’t care about one another anymore.
I hope we don't go back to handshakes and I'm not sure we will. I actually knew I found the perfect church when it was one where they didn't make you greet people/shake hands at the beginning of the service:)

We cancelled our August trip :( It was free (no $ to redeposit miles) and Hilton/Hyatt were easy too. We will go up via car when GMILs memorial is and length of stay will depend on how the world is at that point. I’m sad but I couldn’t pass up free cancellation plus this trip had a lot of crowded spaces (hershey, aquarium, zoo, beach) and I don’t think *we* (as in our family) will be ready for that or flying by August.

Is anyone holding off booking 2021 trips? I was thinking we may travel more that year with these extra miles now but feel too unsettled to consider booking.
I'm waiting to book until I get clarity on 2020. Basically waiting for my Alaska August cruise to be cancelled and hoping I get a 125% credit to use for DCL Mediterranean in July 2021. I figure this year will probably be nothing but a trip or two to visit my parents, God willing. So I'd like to travel more next year if everything has calmed down.

@havaneselover GT is a great school! It is an amazing deal if you live in GA, but I would think it could be expensive if coming from out of state. Let me know if you have any questions.

For all of you posting about puzzles, we love them and usually complete a 1,000 piece one in just a few days. We did a Ravensburger one this summer of Mona Lisa which was pretty much brown and we worked on the brown coffee table at Disney's HHI resort and took us a full 5 days. We finally separated out the pieces by shape and just had to try each piece until finding the one that fit. I was thankful to be done with that one.

Finally cleaned out my first closet since staying at home! Hopefully I can keep clean a few more. It is going to drive me crazy to have stuff stacked in the corner for donation.

On the cc front, I keep dragging my feet on applying for a CIP. No real reason, just haven't done it yet. We have a decent amount of URs and with cancelling our travel the amount keeps building. I know we will find a use for them once we are empty nesters, but I just need to get motivated.
Will do. And with UVa and VA Tech already covered by her 529, it probably won't make financial sense for her to leave VA, but it can't hurt to look. I know their chemical engineering program is excellent.

On the scale, I'm making myself get on it every day. The first week I was eating way to much junk because of stress. I'm also making myself do a 2.5 mile walk in additional to my regular workout. DD joins me when she's with me. But we also enjoy baking. My weight is down slightly from when I started working from home but I know I need to watch the junk food.

On the scale, I'm making myself get on it every day. The first week I was eating way to much junk because of stress. I'm also making myself do a 2.5 mile walk in additional to my regular workout. DD joins me when she's with me. But we also enjoy baking. My weight is down slightly from when I started working from home but I know I need to watch the junk food.

The big bunch of bananas I bought at Costco got nice and overripe and I think I ate one or two. DD made banana bread for me after @elgerber spoke about it. I had to wait until yesterday for her to make it but it was worth the wait!

I'm staying about the same each time I get on the scale, but my activities are also about the same since I'm retired. I did do some yardwork yesterday but most of it was riding John Deere.

The big bunch of bananas I bought at Costco got nice and overripe and I think I ate one or two. DD made banana bread for me after @elgerber spoke about it. I had to wait until yesterday for her to make it but it was worth the wait!

I'm staying about the same each time I get on the scale, but my activities are also about the same since I'm retired. I did do some yardwork yesterday but most of it was riding John Deere.
And that banana bread my SIL brought up last Sunday? Hardly been touched LOL. That’s why I don’t make any myself. Because I would want to eat it all. Dh wants it and gets happy for the first slice then no one eats it after that. 😜. I CANNOT bake anything sweeter because I would eat way too much so I just don’t do it.

In credit card news, I need an MSR!

While I was outside yesterday I decided a new fence cannot wait any longer. It is a wooden 6ft fence on one side that keeps my dog from getting away and also from barking at the neighbors who enjoy their back yard a lot. The other side is also fenced but not 6ft and will have to wait awhile. It's older but still does what I need it to do. And since the older people don't come out at all, dog has no interest in that side.

Anyway - credit card points to the rescue! I intend to cash out my MR's and get home depot gift cards. I am looking at Trex fencing, and will get my son in law to get me an estimate. This stuff is pretty pricey but I only need about 7 panels to replace what is rapidly being reabsorbed into nature - rotting in other words. It's the same on both sides and the gray color should coordinate with the deck and white house colors.

I am not sure I'll actually apply for a card as I'm not under 5/24 yet, but I'm looking to see what business card I have a chance at. The gift cards will pick up part of the expense only, but any little bit helps. I can use them for at least some of the supplies as son in law will work with me. His crew will be nearby in the next few weeks doing a roof on my daughter's rental plus doing a new deck over there, so I'll be a little add on.

I found a video on how to make a cloth face mask with a bandanna and hair ties. I'm going to use that next time I have to go to the store. I'm not sure if everyone gets that it is not to protect yourself, but to protect others from you shedding the virus. So it isn't going to make me feel more protected, just weird.

This. Exactly. I will comply with wearing the cloth mask if I go to a store b/c I'm concerned with keeping my breath (and germs) to myself right now. That's another reason for me to really limit going to a store,since I hate wearing masks.

I’ve noticed that people around here seem nicer and friendlier...saying Hi as DH and I are walking etc..which always happened in FL, but not in NY
I've noticed that too. when out walking the neighborhood, everyone steers clear physically but we're all friendly and say hello etc. Same at grocery store.

Lucky! I stepped on the scale and it complained. :sad2: DD made a loaf of pumpkin bread today since we finished up all the brownies yesterday. I'm afraid I'm going to gain and gain and gain.
I've set up a self imposed schedule where I only bake a sweet dessert every other day at most. trying to keep a day between dessert things.... otherwise I'd be baking 24/7

I am not sure I'll actually apply for a card as I'm not under 5/24 yet, but I'm looking to see what business card I have a chance at.
Not sure how expensive your fence project will be but have you looked at U.S. Bank's Visa Leverage card? I hadn't heard of it but it popped up on my radar yesterday and I'm considering it. It's got a pretty high spend attached but in 4 months rather than 3. Annual fee waived the first year.

https://bizcards.usbank.com/credit/business-leverage-card.do

And that banana bread my SIL brought up last Sunday? Hardly been touched LOL. That’s why I don’t make any myself. Because I would want to eat it all. Dh wants it and gets happy for the first slice then no one eats it after that. 😜. I CANNOT bake anything sweeter because I would eat way too much so I just don’t do it.

Send it this way! Lol. I’ve made 3 loaves in last few weeks. They don’t last long with 5 in the house. I did manage to freeze one of them so we have only eaten 2. Won’t mention the brownies, cookies and cake we have also made and eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter