I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My department was all laid off or furloughed today except me. Totally unexpected the breadth of it. I'm just hoping kids come back to the University in some fashion in the fall and things can start looking like they will turn up. I'm thankful for my job but so sad that my work family is gone.

My husband came home from work on March 16th and hasn't been back since. He is part of a small group working from home, thousands laid off or furloughed so he's not complaining. What he misses the most is the camaraderie of fellow co-workers. His workload has doubled and there have been losses from COVID19 within the company.
About a month ago, they said they would reopen in mid June and those working from home will be asked to stay there indefinitely. Michigan Gov. Whitmer has extended the Stay at Home until June 12th so I'm sure things will change yet again.

I still have like $1700 in Lowe's 10% Amex Offers to use... :scared: We have a couple things we can buy to redo a section of our garden, but honestly I'm just going to have to do GCs and VGCs with most of them.

Ugh I know . . . I still have $3k to use on that Amex offer. The current plan is to buy Kroger gift cards. And then during 4x, use those to get whatever 3rd party cards we need at the time. If Kroger stops allowing 3rd party card purchases with Kroger gc's, then I guess we're set for 6+ months of groceries lol.

I booked with points mid November, it’s 9,234 points each way and I still have CP for my DH. Only one direct flight per day, not the ideal times, but I grabbed them. Fingers crossed that we will go. I have a week booked with DVC points (split between CCR and BWV) and I made dining reservations a few weeks ago already.

Thanks for the discussion about GlobalEntry wait times. I'll take that off the table for the Alaska cruise. It would be nice, but if we do a nonstop flight back in to Kansas City, I can't imagine customs will be that big of a deal. Just whomever is on the plane with us....

Having a sick kid is the worst thing ever! They even gave him one of those tiny hospital gowns that always makes my heart hurt.
Hang in there. Having a baby during pandemic is awful.

You'll probably need to contact each bank and ask them.
I died when they put that little hospital gown on him. He looks so cute but I hope he doesn’t have to wear one again anytime soon

I was given bad news yesterday and they said DS’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

Fast forward to this morning when I was waiting impatiently for the doctor to tell me when we could go home. She came in the room and said, “Are you ready to go home?”. I almost cried right there. He actually had a different bacteria that’s much easier to treat so we got to leave the hospital at 11 am with antibiotics to give him at home. He has a follow up appointment with a urologist to see if he has kidney reflux. I’m hoping he doesn’t but we’ll just have to wait and see.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. DS hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.

Attachments

• 7E99D8C3-F950-4617-8C9C-39C92BE7B223.jpeg
    7E99D8C3-F950-4617-8C9C-39C92BE7B223.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 92F1F8B7-3441-4B58-8D03-DBA9D870B864.jpeg
    92F1F8B7-3441-4B58-8D03-DBA9D870B864.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I was given bad news yesterday and they said Elliott’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

Fast forward to this morning when I was waiting impatiently for the doctor to tell me when we could go home. She came in the room and said, “Are you ready to go home?”. I almost cried right there. He actually had a different bacteria that’s much easier to treat so we got to leave the hospital at 11 am with antibiotics to give him at home. He has a follow up appointment with a urologist to see if he has kidney reflux. I’m hoping he doesn’t but we’ll just have to wait and see.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.
So happy to hear the good news!

I was given bad news yesterday and they said Elliott’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.
I’m practically in tears. Your dh is super sweet. Glad you are home and hope you all can get some sleep.

That smile, love it...and your DH is super sweet

All the recent talk about buying Disney GCs made me want to point out something I just saw on the news. When Disney first re-opens, payment at the parks will be "touch-less". And as far as I know, Disney GCs don't have "tap to pay" capability. If staying onsite, I suppose you could use your armband to charge to your room, then hopefully you can pay with GCs there? Not sure what the work-around would be if staying offsite?

I think I'm irritating the chat guy on my plat about the cell credit but it posted the 21st and it's the 28th and nothing. He's telling me it can take 2 to 4 weeks for them to get info from the merchant and if it hasn't posted by then they can open it up for manual review. He told me not to worry. Umm not the correct answer.

I've told him I don't normally use this card for me cell so I will worry. And asked again what info is needed cause there's all kinds of info on my transaction page. He's not even typing so I think he wants me to give up and go away.

Then I get the below. Why not just tell me I won't get the credit? Cause that makes no sense to me at all.

ETA I HATE my phone and can't wait until next weekend when I can replace it (I lost my first edit and gave up and went to the laptop). Anyway for people that bundle, if it doesn't credit right away it's because they have to wait 2-4 weeks for the details to come through. If the details don't come through after that time they can manually review it. So I asked how they'd manually review it if they don't get the details. He said they'd take my word for it and credit it. And he said that it's only for service that a purchase in store won't trigger it, which had been my plan for next month. Considering it also didn't credit when there was an offer on my DL card and I had to get it manually done and it was less than 4 weeks after, I doubt this will ever work and we'll have to do it every month. I told him I could provide a copy of the bill. I have no problem redacting what they don't need to see and emailing it to them. But don't create a credit and then make it so hard to credit. There's got to be a ton of people that bundle with At&T or Xfinity that will have this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_171242.jpg
    IMG_20200528_171242.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Good News! I hope you’re able to get some rest now that you’re home.

All the recent talk about buying Disney GCs made me want to point out something I just saw on the news. When Disney first re-opens, payment at the parks will be "touch-less". And as far as I know, Disney GCs don't have "tap to pay" capability. If staying onsite, I suppose you could use your armband to charge to your room, then hopefully you can pay with GCs there? Not sure what the work-around would be if staying offsite?
I read today they've added DGCs as an option for mobile order in MDE.

wdw news today..tried posting the link...to no avail

Last edited:

I think what they mean by touchless is more to do with cash. You'll still be able to swipe your gc or whatever card in the card reader at the register. That won't be any different, it's the same machine you'd use for your magic band. Very seldom does anyone take the card. The only question would be table service, they only do mb at the table anything else they take the card. In that aspect they should be more like Canada that brings the portable reader to your table but that'd need to be cleaned too since they hand you the reader to do everything up there.

Anyway, you can pay your balance at the FD with your gc whenever. And they will refund your cc if you go over the hold limit and charge your gc. I try and keep track and then stop by every so often so they don't have to do it but if I miscalculate they're happy to reverse the charge and put it on the gc.

I read today they've added DGCs as an option for mobile order in MDE.

FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter