I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the recent talk about buying Disney GCs made me want to point out something I just saw on the news. When Disney first re-opens, payment at the parks will be "touch-less". And as far as I know, Disney GCs don't have "tap to pay" capability. If staying onsite, I suppose you could use your armband to charge to your room, then hopefully you can pay with GCs there? Not sure what the work-around would be if staying offsite?
My question about this, magic bands are not touchless. You have to enter a PIN. Are they going to find a way around that? Because if you can’t use a magic band that would really be not cool.

My question about this, magic bands are not touchless. You have to enter a PIN. Are they going to find a way around that? Because if you can’t use a magic band that would really be not cool.

Hahaha ... we never use charge privileges on our armbands, so I didn't know you had to enter a PIN.

I can say for sure that's not the case on Royal Caribbean, because DD left her armband somewhere, and we were charged for stuff almost immediately at the gift shop. RCL must automatically put privileges on all cards, even kids without asking. They reversed the charges, but it took a half hour of our time to straighten it out.

I was given bad news yesterday and they said Elliott’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

Fast forward to this morning when I was waiting impatiently for the doctor to tell me when we could go home. She came in the room and said, “Are you ready to go home?”. I almost cried right there. He actually had a different bacteria that’s much easier to treat so we got to leave the hospital at 11 am with antibiotics to give him at home. He has a follow up appointment with a urologist to see if he has kidney reflux. I’m hoping he doesn’t but we’ll just have to wait and see.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.

So glad all is well now. Such a sweet thing for your DH to do. I love seeing your pics! ❤

I was given bad news yesterday and they said Elliott’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

Fast forward to this morning when I was waiting impatiently for the doctor to tell me when we could go home. She came in the room and said, “Are you ready to go home?”. I almost cried right there. He actually had a different bacteria that’s much easier to treat so we got to leave the hospital at 11 am with antibiotics to give him at home. He has a follow up appointment with a urologist to see if he has kidney reflux. I’m hoping he doesn’t but we’ll just have to wait and see.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.
Such great news! Glad he’s doing better and you’ve done a great job with him!

I’m very lucky to have him! He said it was so empty at home. He took a picture of the empty bassinet the first night and sent it to me. He wasn’t happy at all about being home alone
Unfortunately this is healthcare right now and it’s awful. It’s hard on patients, families and healthcare workers. We’ve had doctors FaceTiming with families so they could see their loved ones one last time. It’s heartbreaking.

In that aspect they should be more like Canada that brings the portable reader to your table but that'd need to be cleaned too since they hand you the reader to do everything up there.
I wish they would do this in the US. However it still wouldn’t be touchless since they bring the card reader, which they’ve touched, and hand it to you so now you’ve touched it (or they set it on your table contaminating that). If you have a contactless card, you can ask them to just hold the reader while you tap. I hate the idea that I’ve had to hand them my card which they then take out of my sight.

Popping in just to say hi and also talk about this CSR news, I nixed my original plan to upgrade my CSP after they bumped up the AF. But this could be a game changer. 10/1 is when the AF hits on my CSP, if I upgraded to CSR after that would I still be charged the CSR's AF?

I know what I said earlier, but this guy on twitter did a good job of summing up my thoughts on the MLB/MLBPA thing.

@Oscar Madison

Baseball's my sport, I remember the 94 lockout, which actually for us was a good thing since the tiles had fallen in the Kingdome and we probably weren't going to get any more home games. The lockout happened shortly after so they never had to get it figured out. And we were outside the gates waiting to go in when the tiles fell. Anyway, the comments do have some of the arguments on both sides but not all players are Mike Trout.

I promise I have some CC/churning questions coming, I'm just mulling everything over and doing some research first :)

I wish they would do this in the US. However it still wouldn’t be touchless since they bring the card reader, which they’ve touched, and hand it to you so now you’ve touched it (or they set it on your table contaminating that). If you have a contactless card, you can ask them to just hold the reader while you tap. I hate the idea that I’ve had to hand them my card which they then take out of my sight.

Agree! Right now it wouldn't be that great since everyone's still touching it, though my grocery store had something like glad press and seal on the key pad so I suppose they could do something. But I wish we just had them period because it'd be so much better as you keep your card. And I love that everywhere you go had the exact same card reader so you can do contactless all over. Why does everywhere I go have to have a different reader? That's rhetorical, I know why.

Bye-bye ADRs and FastPasses. I guess for ADRs I might have a better chance to get what I want. I'm really not an ADR person, but planned to be for a few meals for this trip.

I had a feeling FPs would not be used for the time being.

• Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.
  • FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Still following along and no news in the credit card front. Although all this talk about CSR has me interested-only option would be for me to upgrade my freedom at this point. I did book flights for Dec this morning when Southwest opened, options were pretty much the same as they have been in the past with three non-stop options and pricing was good for a Sat departure and Sunday return. Booked on RR points as for now anything I book needs to be refundable.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping things turn out for the best. @Haley R glad you are back home and baby boy is doing well!

I had a feeling FPs would not be used for the time being.

My guess and hope would be that they need the fp queues to keep people apart. They can use both lines as normal but funnel 20 into one then 20 into the other. With all the switchback queues you have to use every other row to keep people far enough apart, some of them that'll be hard to do but if you can use both queues it'll make it easier. Finally time for the Little Mermaid queue to be used to it's full potential :)

Oh, Hailey! I've been away from the board the last couple months (homeschooling and working FT is a b@#$^ that takes every ounce of my energy), but I have thought about everyone on the board, and specifically about you! Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm so sorry he's been sick, but happy to hear you are finally home!

So happy to read all of this. Rest up. I hope Elliott has a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter