I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this is healthcare right now and it’s awful. It’s hard on patients, families and healthcare workers. We’ve had doctors FaceTiming with families so they could see their loved ones one last time. It’s heartbreaking.
We were only there for two days and Skyped multiple times so I can emphasize. It’s not the same as a loved one dying but I know Dh was very sad not being there

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I was wondering how you were doing. Thank you so much for keeping us updated and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family always! :hug:

In the next month or so I'm going to start saving for a new car. I don't have a goal or a timeline for lots of reasons. I think a high yield savings acct is going to be my best bet so I can add to it each month and have access when I need it.

Is there somewhere I can look for who has them and what they pull from? I'm guessing they'll all be online banks which I'm fine with but I have EVERYTHING frozen so I need to know if they pull from chex or something first.

I maybe late here, but did you see this:
HERTZ Is Liquidating Vehicles Amidst Bankruptcy. MEGA DEALS GALORE - Link

I maybe late here, but did you see this:
HERTZ Is Liquidating Vehicles Amidst Bankruptcy. MEGA DEALS GALORE - Link

I did but I'm not looking for a car right now. I'm just starting to save, don't know when or what I'll buy, just that it'll happen in the next few years and I'd like some cash to deal with it :) Probably wouldn't want to buy something that had been a rental though anyway, too many drivers and having ridden with my dad while growing up, some people drive cars hard.

I slept for a couple hours. He’s been awake with Dh since 7:30 and won’t sleep no matter what Dh has tried. He gets squirmy and starts to cry. Not sure what’s going on with him
Fingers crossed that’s just part of the readjustment to being home.

I've been MIA on this board since our state closures started and I have missed it! We are all healthy here,thank G-d, but life is crazy working and schooling at the same time. It is amazing how distracted I am with the kids home, so I end up working late into the night to get my work done. We also create an insane level of mess in our house... DH and I can barely keep up with everything. We have a lot of PTO planned for the summer months (kids camp cancelled), so hopefully things will be calmer and we can enjoy kayaking, hiking and just chilling out.

We cancelled our March WDW trip before Disney closed, as well as our spring break NYC trip and our summer cruise. We have WDW booked for October, but we'll see how that plays out. I am very thankful we had our amazing HI trip in Feb!!!

Our churning pretty much came to a halt with everything going on, I just don't have the bandwidth to keep up with it. I downgraded my Aspire card, which was bittersweet. We really got a lot of value out of the card and hopefully can upgrade at some point, or have DH apply in the future. I am planning the same for my CSR (DH is under 5/24, and it has been more than 2 years for me, so we can apply again at a later date). My AF hits next month, so I am going to try to maximize the new benefits while I can. We have been doing a LOT of home projects, so I am going to cash out my URs to offset some of the costs. DH built new patio and wants to add a firepit, I painted some rooms, we are building the kids a clubhouse this weekend, we are getting the house painted, and I ordered new patio furniture - basically diverting what we would have spent on camp and travel into the house. (I know it is criminal that I didn't have a MSR!!!)

Walt Disney World Officially Retracts July 11 Reopening Date for Resort Hotels...
Appears only dvc and Ft Wilderness will be open. We have dvc for first three nights and then ASMo for last 4 nights. Interested to see if that last resort stay is just outright cancelled or will we be moved?

Interesting...... keep us posted.
I will! We aren't picky on the ASMo room, other than that I booked Movies for the queen beds so I do not want to be moved to Sports or Music. But that sounds unlikely since those resorts won't be open. I can't imagine there is enough dvc availability to move everyone to dvc's so it's making me curious what the plan is. It just better not be pitching a tent lol! I like camping but not at wdw!

OK... so I have decided to go ahead and try for the CSP. I am OK with not getting another Sapphire bonus for 4+ years. Of course I say that now, and next year they'll come out with a fabulous new Sapphire at a reasonable price point that I will be itching to have.

I have a fair amount of work that needs to be done on my car soon so I want the spend to go towards an SUB.

Since it's been awhile since I applied for a personal card; is there anything you generally recommend I do first? The current CL on my Freedom is roughly 20% of my income. Do I need to lower that credit limit before I apply?

And yes, I am in 1P mode so I have a support person picked out :)

Walt Disney World Officially Retracts July 11 Reopening Date for Resort Hotels...
I expect this is a park capacity triage issue. They have to open DVC as soon as possible in order to allow owners the use of their property. Disney might prefer to give other guests priority, and allow people to pay to stay at resort hotels, but their hands are tied, legally. DVC guests, plus local AP holders are probably enough to fill up the reduced park capacity at the start, and allowing stays at other hotels would just mean that some guests staying onsite would not be able to enter the parks, or that all onsite guests would be extremely limited in their park access.

OK... so I have decided to go ahead and try for the CSP. I am OK with not getting another Sapphire bonus for 4+ years. Of course I say that now, and next year they'll come out with a fabulous new Sapphire at a reasonable price point that I will be itching to have.

I have a fair amount of work that needs to be done on my car soon so I want the spend to go towards an SUB.

Since it's been awhile since I applied for a personal card; is there anything you generally recommend I do first? The current CL on my Freedom is roughly 20% of my income. Do I need to lower that credit limit before I apply?

And yes, I am in 1P mode so I have a support person picked out :)
If the Freedom is your only Chase card you are fine at 20%

I was given bad news yesterday and they said Elliott’s culture showed a rare type of bacteria that’s harder to treat. They didn’t know how long we would be at the hospital for and said we might have to have a nurse come to our house to put antibiotics in an iv in his arm. I was extremely stressed last night because he wasn’t sleeping which meant I wasn’t sleeping. I had maybe 20 minutes of sleep yesterday with very little time to eat and take care of myself. Dh was still at home because they wouldn’t allow him in the hospital.

Fast forward to this morning when I was waiting impatiently for the doctor to tell me when we could go home. She came in the room and said, “Are you ready to go home?”. I almost cried right there. He actually had a different bacteria that’s much easier to treat so we got to leave the hospital at 11 am with antibiotics to give him at home. He has a follow up appointment with a urologist to see if he has kidney reflux. I’m hoping he doesn’t but we’ll just have to wait and see.

To say I’m happy to be home is an understatement. Being at a hospital is bad enough but being at one during a pandemic with an infant is horrible. I was basically confined to the room and couldn’t get sleep for days. Elliott hasn’t had a fever since we first got to the hospital and is eating great! He slept the whole ride home from the hospital. Dh made a sweet little display to welcome him home from the hospital.

Wonderful news!!! Happy tears for you and Elliott!

I know what I said earlier, but this guy on twitter did a good job of summing up my thoughts on the MLB/MLBPA thing.

@Oscar Madison

Baseball's my sport, I remember the 94 lockout, which actually for us was a good thing since the tiles had fallen in the Kingdome and we probably weren't going to get any more home games. The lockout happened shortly after so they never had to get it figured out. And we were outside the gates waiting to go in when the tiles fell. Anyway, the comments do have some of the arguments on both sides but not all players are Mike Trout.

I promise I have some CC/churning questions coming, I'm just mulling everything over and doing some research first :)
Yes, most aren't Mike Trout in salary or ability, that's why one proposal floated is that the studs take on more of the burden percentage wise.

One could make the argument that if the high salary guys cared about the 1 year/25th man, then they'd get this deal done for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter