I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side note- most of the hotel rooms (non Western chain hotels) I've been looking at in Tokyo are TINY. 174 sq feet is smaller than the cruise ship cabin we just had! Thankfully the room in Kyoto is larger!
Here you go!

Attachments

• 31D9ED28-402E-4D9C-90C6-0E219604BA97.jpeg
    31D9ED28-402E-4D9C-90C6-0E219604BA97.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
Did somebody say...SPREADSHEET?????? Man I love Spreadsheets!!

My first sheet tracks the bonuses, I have one for each player:

Credit CardAcctPersonAUDate AppliedDate CancelledAnnual FeeAnnual BonusSignup BonusMin. SpendBonus ReceivedBonus Value% ReturnNotesLast Activity

• Credit Card is the Issuer and then the name of the card
  • Acct is the last 4 digits (or 5 digits for amex)
  • Person is whether it was me or my wife. Even though they are separate sheets this lets me sort if I combine them for analysis
  • AU is an "X" if I added an Authorized User (side note...DON'T do this on personal cards as it adds to the 5/24 count for that player too!)
  • Date Applied is actually the Date Approved, I guess I should fix that, haha!
  • Date Cancelled is only filled in if I cancelled the card
  • Annual Fee = the amount of the AF
  • Annual Bonus = any amount received annually as a bonus for having this card (i.e. bonus SW pts or the CSR travel credit)
  • Signup Bonus = the amount of points, miles, money, etc. I received as a SUB
  • Min Spend = the MSR required
  • Bonus Value = The value of the SUB (usually this is inclusive of the base spend too)
  • % Return = Bonus Value divided by Min. Spend
  • Notes = random notes
  • Last Activity = the last spend I put on the card. Useful to make sure I put something on cards every 6 months or so to keep them from being closed for inactivity
  • This one is sorted by Date Applied and I highlight Biz cards in a different color. Makes it really easy to see my 5/24 status :D
I also have a spreadsheet where I keep track of my loyalty account balances:
ProgramPersonPointsLast ActivityExpirationAs OfApprox. ValueNotesMembership ID

• Program = Name of the program (i.e. SW Rapid Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, etc.)
  • Person = Me, my wife, or my daughters - whose account is it
  • Points = balance
  • Last Activity = last qualified activity (for programs with an expiration)
  • Expiration = calculated field based on last activity and how long points are good for
  • As Of = the last time I updated this account, if something is wrong this is how I tell when it might have occured
  • Approx. Value = how I value the points
  • Notes = random noets
  • Membership ID = my account number, useful when booking flights and such
I’m going to have to consider adding the account number to my spreadsheet. I actually have a 3 ring binder with a page for such things. Am I going to be shunned?
I have a spreadsheet for a lot of things........ it's scary really.
We know.
We might not just be the best place on the DIS...we might be the best place on the whole internet :D :D :D
Truth
Speadsheet on an iPad... I just died a little inside :P 🤣 (I'm totally kidding!!!)
Hey, I resemble that remark.
My iPad spreadsheets are lovely.
Here’s one2117FA89-6237-4877-B90C-BCAC9F8C793C.jpeg

Ugh! I just flew last night and didn’t check out the movie selection. DH and DS watched Abominable and DS laughed his butt off.
you know I have NEVER been able to watch movies on that dumb SWA player...every single time it just won't do it..... I watch some random tv sometimes but I usually end up reading:mad:

So I had planned to take DD to London/Paris for spring break next year but I really think I'd rather wait until next summer so we won't be as rushed (8 days vs 10 days). I'm now toying with using URs to book a spring break 2021 trip on Symphony of the Seas. It would deplete my stash, but then I could use MRs for booking flights to Europe and Marriott points for hotel rooms. And hopefully I'll keep accumulating. Just want to get a few more big trips in before college. Has anyone been on Symphony of the Seas? And I take it I just need to call Chase's cruise department?
I haven't, but after sailing on RCCL Mariner last year, which we all enjoyed, my kids are wanting to go on the Symphony of the Seas. Yes, the process was pretty simple, just call Chase's cruise department. I just called and booked with one call. Some people booked with the cruise line and then switch it over within a certain number of days if they want to put the deposit on a different card. Apparently you only have one time when you can use URs. You may also need to find a willing rep who doesn't want you to use the URs when you switch. If you are paying 100% URs it would be easier to book with Chase from the beginning.

DH and I both got the 20% off using MR on Amazon. I don't need anything so I was thinking I'd buy google play gift cards for youtubetv. Looking at my account I see that I don't put them in under my YouTubeTV payment, but would just redeem them on google play. So then if you have funds in there I assume your credit card doesn't get charged. I hope that makes sense. I just want to make sure that's the correct process. Thanks!

Yes, the process was pretty simple, just call Chase's cruise department. I just called and booked with one call. Some people booked with the cruise line and then switch it over within a certain number of days if they want to put the deposit on a different card. Apparently you only have one time when you can use URs. You may also need to find a willing rep who doesn't want you to use the URs when you switch. If you are paying 100% URs it would be easier to book with Chase from the beginning.
As the UR cruise expert I have a question for you... I booked on Carnival using all UR.... so now If I wanted to apply GC ahead of time to prepay gratuities(I didn't think to prepay using UR) would I need to call the Chase line to apply,or is it smarter to wait and apply onboard to pay for those? (at least I'm getting the gc discounted)

Here you go!
So I just started with MRs and I go to look at hotels and I got the same thing. MR not even worth 1ccp when booking through the portal. Even at their listed price of $135, 19,313 MRs, that's crazy. And didn't @ten6mom say her price was $113. I don't know, am I missing something? I thought that MR would at least be worth 1cpp using their portal. Are they really only valuable for flights?

you know I have NEVER been able to watch movies on that dumb SWA player...every single time it just won't do it..... I watch some random tv sometimes but I usually end up reading:mad:
I always have trouble with it too. I’ve gotten it to work but not without a headache

As the UR cruise expert I have a question for you... I booked on Carnival using all UR.... so now If I wanted to apply GC ahead of time to prepay gratuities(I didn't think to prepay using UR) would I need to call the Chase line to apply,or is it smarter to wait and apply onboard to pay for those? (at least I'm getting the gc discounted)
I don't know, maybe try calling and see. It's only a guess, but I would think that you'd have to wait and just use it onboard.

I don’t know if any of you remember me talking about getting faint when I get my blood drawn. I was worried since there are a lot of lab tests during pregnancy. My first one I laid down and got very light headed but didn’t pass out. The one after that I laid down and played solitaire on my phone. I didn’t pass out and felt decent after. Today I had to do my glucose one where you drink the sugary drink and sit for an hour before the blood draw. I sat up in a chair this time and the lady was so awesome. She kept me in an engaging conversation and I didn’t feel even close to being faint. This is a big accomplishment for me because drawing blood has always been an issue

Last edited:
I keep looking at the Viking options! There's a Greek Islands one that looks perfect :love:

I'm sailing Viking for the first time in 5 weeks:cheer2: Please PM me if you have any questions about it...this is my first jump from DCL after 15 years and even more cruises so I'm excited about a new (but definitely not cheaper) line. I'll take notes but of course everyone has a different focus. Fortunately I believe all of their ships are the same so even if I'm not on the exact one as the Greece sailing I should be able to answer questions.

So I just started with MRs and I go to look at hotels and I got the same thing. MR not even worth 1ccp when booking through the portal. Even at their listed price of $135, 19,313 MRs, that's crazy. And didn't @ten6mom say her price was $113. I don't know, am I missing something? I thought that MR would at least be worth 1cpp using their portal. Are they really only valuable for flights?
I have yet to find them valuable for flights either. The same flight right now on Delta, that is $318.80 in MAIN cabin or 23500 SkyMiles is $325.78 or 32578 MR's in ECONOMY. That's terrible, when you could just transfer the MR's to Delta.

I'm sailing Viking for the first time in 5 weeks:cheer2: Please PM me if you have any questions about it...this is my first jump from DCL after 15 years and even more cruises so I'm excited about a new (but definitely not cheaper) line. I'll take notes but of course everyone has a different focus. Fortunately I believe all of their ships are the same so even if I'm not on the exact one as the Greece sailing I should be able to answer questions.
so exciting!!!

My impression is that MR are best for transferring to FF programs, and that the Schwab Plat will get you the 1.25 cpp cash out. Oh, and of course the occasional 1cpp for the 20% discount on Amazon (using just 1MR). 😉

Timely discussion....I'm actually taking a break from packing right now (folded all my laundry while watching Avatar...that movie is simultaneously slightly better and SO MUCH LONGER than I remember!). @snugglebug, fellow Texan here - what are your dates? We will be there Sunday-Sunday. It looks a bit chilly and I can't decide if I'll be okay with just jeans, long sleeves, and a hoodie, or if I should also find room for a heavier jacket/scarf/hat. Normally I wouldn't bother but being out in the cold at the parks all day is very different from rushing to and from my car before and after work.
Only 3 nights for us. Everyone will take a pair of pants and a hoodie at minimum. They really are old enough to decide if they need more than that, they will be fine though, they tolerate cold quite nicely. My body does not handle cold well at all, I think due to my medication. I'm still trying to decide which jacket I want to take. I'll probably toss gloves in as well. I think I'll pack my base layer top. For me it's short sleeve t-shirts and one long sleeve because I do prefer layers and I only own one long sleeve disney top right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter