I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dh got a stomach bug right before I went into labor with my second dd. Now, this was my second baby so it wasn't quite the same but I still had to deliver alone. My dh puked and puked in the bathroom until finally they began having to take care of him more than me and he had to leave. It was the amazing nurses who sat with me through contractions and held my hand and comforted me. They were so calm and it helped me to feel calm. If things change and your dh cannot be in the room, just know you will be in good, experienced hands.
My DH barely made it to the room since he went to park the car and I had DS in 8 minutes. So I had to rely on the nurses for my first and only Although besides holding my hand, I don’t think there is much DH could have done since it was really the medical team giving instructions. It all seems like a blur 13 years later.

I haven’t posted in awhile. Just wanted to give quick update for those who remember my health scare months ago. I followed up at the end of Feb for what seems to be a benign tumor on my liver. Based on the characteristics of the tumor and the large size it was decided that surgery was the best option.
Had a liver resection March 12. I work in a hospital as an X-ray technologist. My last day before surgery was March 10. That was the first day we had a pt test positive in our hospital for the virus.
I had the surgery which went As expected. They removed 1/2 my liver, lost a lot of blood, spent 2 days in the icu. Was supposed to be in the hospital 5-7 days but released after 4 due to the virus now hitting the hospital I had surgery in. Dr gave us his cell number just in case.
2 weeks out I’m recovering nicely. Not able to do a lot which is tough bc I have a 2/5/15 year old home but thankfully the 15 year old does anything that involves lifting or bending. Not how I expected to spend my leave.
Im home and very grateful to be home with my kids while recovering but feel a little guilty not being at work. I’ve heard from coworkers that things are starting time get bad especially in the ER and doing portable xrays. No protective gear, running out of mask, etc. Hoping it settles down when I go back in 8-10 weeks.
I thought I would be spending my time buying stuff for our FE for our Nov Disney cruise but I’m kind of leaning towards canceling now. I’m guessing cruising won’t start until July at least and Id like to see a few months of smooth sailing before going so that’s out. Not sure what to change to since we are on the Nov double dip Merrytime cruise which isn’t an option.
Anyway, thinking about everyone on here. Stay safe everyone!
So sorry! You are really having a rough patch. I hope you have a speedy recovery. So glad your 15 year old is assisting so much! Take care of yourself!

My DH barely made it to the room since he went to park the car and I had DS in 8 minutes. So I had to rely on the nurses for my first and only Although besides holding my hand, I don’t think there is much DH could have done since it was really the medical team giving instructions. It all seems like a blur 13 years later.
Wow, 8 minutes! Way to go mama!

I haven’t posted in awhile. Just wanted to give quick update for those who remember my health scare months ago. I followed up at the end of Feb for what seems to be a benign tumor on my liver. Based on the characteristics of the tumor and the large size it was decided that surgery was the best option.
Had a liver resection March 12. I work in a hospital as an X-ray technologist. My last day before surgery was March 10. That was the first day we had a pt test positive in our hospital for the virus.
I had the surgery which went As expected. They removed 1/2 my liver, lost a lot of blood, spent 2 days in the icu. Was supposed to be in the hospital 5-7 days but released after 4 due to the virus now hitting the hospital I had surgery in. Dr gave us his cell number just in case.
2 weeks out I’m recovering nicely. Not able to do a lot which is tough bc I have a 2/5/15 year old home but thankfully the 15 year old does anything that involves lifting or bending. Not how I expected to spend my leave.
Im home and very grateful to be home with my kids while recovering but feel a little guilty not being at work. I’ve heard from coworkers that things are starting time get bad especially in the ER and doing portable xrays. No protective gear, running out of mask, etc. Hoping it settles down when I go back in 8-10 weeks.
I thought I would be spending my time buying stuff for our FE for our Nov Disney cruise but I’m kind of leaning towards canceling now. I’m guessing cruising won’t start until July at least and Id like to see a few months of smooth sailing before going so that’s out. Not sure what to change to since we are on the Nov double dip Merrytime cruise which isn’t an option.
I am glad to hear that you recovering nicely. What an ordeal !

I'm glad your surgery went as expected. Praying for a full recovery. Stay well and take it easy. :)

It’s an “expansion” of the child tax credit. Per section 24 (which is the definition they’re using in the stimulus bill) a qualifying child who has not attained age 17 I believe.

Your kids might get their own money...but I’m not 100% sure how that works. Do you claim them as dependents on your tax return? I’m not even sure how that affects things. Sorry, didn’t read that part closely enough and there’s a lot to unwind there.

Thanks! That's what I figured, but couldn't find it laid out, so wasn't sure. We will be in the phase out portion which is fine with me - luckily we are both still working as our jobs are considered essential at this point. We both work in the Agriculture industry and no matter what, farmers still have to put crops in the fields or we won't be eating next year lol!

I'm wondering the same thing on our adult 'children'. We still claim dd19 on our taxes so not sure if we should consider amending her return to have her not be claimed on ours...but then is there a problem with that going forward in future years and knowing me, I'd mess something up or it would just cost us more overall...

That's what I worry about as well. I might try to read a little bit more, but I don't want to make it worse than it would be if I just left it alone!

Thanks for the follow up. Glad you're recovering and that you have help at home.

So that AGI is the definitive number then? Interesting. Thank you!
Yep - the bill has passed (the Senate) now. And that info has remained consistent throughout this process. If your AGI was <$150k it’s a super simple calc. If it’s higher then you have some work to do to figure it out haha.

Last edited:
Agree that Discover is a nice starter card. I know I've said this here before, but IMO the best thing about Discover as a starter card is that the secured card gets converted to an unsecured card after a certain amount of time (6 months maybe), the security gets refunded, AND the card is now reported on the cardholder's credit report as an unsecured card.

Both my DDs started with Discover but it was not a secured card. Just a regular credit card.

To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day

does anyone have any insight on how the Stimulus would affect people who havent filed taxes for years? My parents just live off IRA‘s and SS but not enough to be taxable.

I'd like to take moment to say how much I enjoy the calm politeness that I find on this thread..... it's really easy to say things that get people arguing nowadays on social media..... that's what keeps us all coming back hereto chat I guess!:upsidedow

Had an award flight to London on AA booked for next month - I had been dreading calling to cancel as I had heard mixed reports of AA refusing to redeposit miles without the $150 fee. Anyway - decided to send my first ever Twitter DM today - and to my surprise, AA responded in 40 mins - all taken care of, booking canceled, miles redeposited, no additional fee.

In other news - just completed MSR on Delta Plat Biz - so now without a MSR for a while. Plan to sit tight for a couple months and give some love to existing cards - next up will probably be a CSP in late May.

To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day
I’m gonna need evidence of this. Dog pic! Dog pic! Dog pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!