I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? I don't think that's how it works with the premium cards, CSP and CSR. Most people are PC.ing CSP's to be able to apply for the card again.

CSP and CSR have language saying that you can't get a bonus within 48 months of receiving a bonus or hold another Sapphire:

This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.

This language is right up front on the Sapphire landing page.
Thank you!

So 6,000 SW RR posted to DH's account today, they are labeled "action based". His anniversary is 11/23, but don't anniversary points usually post to the statement. Did that change recently?

I’m new to the Amex Plat Uber credit.
I see that Dec. has an extra $20. Can I just spend $35 on Uber eats or do I have to do $15 /$20 separate?

My brilliant card has been missing for a week or two, so this morning I reported damaged card and ordered a new one. I know it's in the house as we were using it for door dash and other food orders to be delivered. Probably has dropped inside a chair or something. So, ordered this morning and it will be fedex'ed to arrive tomorrow. That sounds fast. Kept figuring it would turn up but it remains hidden.

Also, my friend brought me some fresh eggs from her backyard chicken coop this past weekend so I had eggs and corned beef hash for breakfast. Usually it's a biscotti and a piece of brie, so this was quite substantial for me. No lunch except maybe a small afternoon snack needed now.

These eggs were so delightfully fresh! And again I'm having fomo and want to order a chicken coop and some chickens. Friend says don't bother. I can have eggs whenever I need them.

And, I'll be wired for the day as I had a second coffee.

Will you let me know if they give you the same card # and security pin.

I have been thrown quite the shock. I had the opportunity to invest in a business. I invested $3k in actual cash, and then one of the partners knew I play the CC game, so he allowed me to do some more of my investment via business purchases through my cards. Imagine my shock when I went to our first sales meeting and got a chance to talk to the other partner and she has heard NOTHING of my investments! My "so-called" friend, has taken all the money I invested and gambled it away. And the purchases I made (flights and hotel rooms) were to fly in women he met on the internet and tried to sleep with! Needless to say, I'm out about $5k, and sick to my STOMACH!

I'm currently trying to find out what legal action I have. I have texts showing all of this agreed upon. He was supposed to be bringing the business contracts and LLC for me to sign at this meeting, and didn't. He swore to me and my children he'd never screw us over. I have receipt for the payments I sent as well. I also have one of the women I bought a flight for willing to testify on my behalf. She was there 100% for the business opportunity he sold her on as well, but quickly found out he was hoping to hook up.

Do we have any lawyers in the group? I've contacted the ones I know, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm located in MI and the company is based in Alabama. I'm not even sure where I start this process. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster the last few days.

Question I am hoping someone here might be able to help with. I just booked a Disney trip for October 2021. Like normal I will aim to pay for this trip using gift cards to save as much as possible (5%+). I am considering applying for a Discover It card and using that as my 2021 gift card because of their 1st year match benefit (making some things 10%). Either way, the 4th quarter is Target.com, Amazon.com, and Walmart.com with a maximum of $1,500 purchase total. Do gift cards quality for this if I order through the website? Making them 10% off?

Yes, that would work. But you can save even more if you get a Chase Sapphire Preferred. That has a sign up bonus of 60,000 for spending $4000 in 3 months. The annual fee is $95. The points are worth $600 if you cashed them out for a statement credit. Or you can Pay Yourself Back at the 1.25 rate ($750) for grocery/home improvement/restaurants (through 4/31/21 unless it gets extended again). You can buy Disney GC at grocery stores and some home improvement stores.

I just get the urge because I grew up on a mini farm and also spent many great times on both maternal and paternal grandparents large farms.

Common sense clicks in quickly. I already have to occasionally get a sitter for my other pets! Imagine 'could you also gather the eggs and feed my chickens?'.

And, that's a great idea - I'll ask what feed they use and pick up some. It's also not just me that gets the free egg benefit. My daughter and several other extended family get eggs left on their porches!
My DS occasionally petsits for a family that owns chickens (well pre covid he did) he always enjoyed taking care of them along with the family dog!

Sorry for the questions this morning but trying to get some christmas shopping done using up as many offers as I can. For the Amex Plat Dell $100 credit, there is a link to shop through. Fine print says no gift cards but didn't some people buy gift cards and get the credit? There also seems to be a section called "Member Purchases" - are those the only things valid for the credit? I searched and found the video game I want but not sure if searching kicks me out of the credit-able section.

I haven't used my Dell Amex Offer yet, but I would think it works the same as the Biz Plat credits. You don't have to go through the link. Rakuten is at 8% cashback. I don't see anything on my charges for GC that show they're GC.

I’m probably going to get shunned but dh and I got Chick-fil-A for lunch and I wasn’t that impressed with the peppermint shake lol. It kept making me want mint chocolate chip instead. We had a nice lunch date with ds at a fountain though.

I don't care for mint flavored milk shakes either, although I eat my fair shore of grilled chicken club sandwiches from Chik F A.

The mint treat I'm really enjoying are Hagen Daz dark chocolate mint squares. Go figure.

Will you let me know if they give you the same card # and security pin.

Fedex just actually knocked on my door and left it inside the storm door. Nice that they were at least trying to safe guard it today. Two weeks ago, Chase's delivery was left on the step on a very windy day

The card number was unchanged but the 3 and 4 digit codes appear to be different - I don't remember these new numbers. Won't know for sure until the original card turns up. I strongly suspect they are different, as I have to confirm I've received the card. And since I've had this card 2 years and have used it quite a bit lately, I think the codes would look somewhat familiar.

I’m probably going to get shunned but dh and I got Chick-fil-A for lunch and I wasn’t that impressed with the peppermint shake lol. It kept making me want mint chocolate chip instead. We had a nice lunch date with ds at a fountain though.
Not by me...lol...But I don’t like peppermint anything...at some point I’ll have to see how their chocolate shakes are

I have been thrown quite the shock. I had the opportunity to invest in a business. I invested $3k in actual cash, and then one of the partners knew I play the CC game, so he allowed me to do some more of my investment via business purchases through my cards. Imagine my shock when I went to our first sales meeting and got a chance to talk to the other partner and she has heard NOTHING of my investments! My "so-called" friend, has taken all the money I invested and gambled it away. And the purchases I made (flights and hotel rooms) were to fly in women he met on the internet and tried to sleep with! Needless to say, I'm out about $5k, and sick to my STOMACH!

I'm currently trying to find out what legal action I have. I have texts showing all of this agreed upon. He was supposed to be bringing the business contracts and LLC for me to sign at this meeting, and didn't. He swore to me and my children he'd never screw us over. I have receipt for the payments I sent as well. I also have one of the women I bought a flight for willing to testify on my behalf. She was there 100% for the business opportunity he sold her on as well, but quickly found out he was hoping to hook up.

Do we have any lawyers in the group? I've contacted the ones I know, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm located in MI and the company is based in Alabama. I'm not even sure where I start this process. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster the last few days.

First of all I'm sorry this has happened to you.

We would all like to think that we are smart and this or something similar is not going to happen to us. But the reality is that a lot of 'business' starts with a handshake or a 'friendship' and a certain degree of trust. We loan money to friends. I usually kiss this goodbye and have learned to only loan what I can afford to 'donate', lol. (learned not to keep money at work in my purse so I could honestly say I didn't have $20 on me.)

The question I'm going to ask is, is this your pilot friend? I hope not as I think a whole lot of your enjoyment of life is tied up in that relationship.

I don't have any legal advice, but I would think that since you didn't sign anything, this is still a personal deal and you could do small claims and maybe get a judgement on him in your own jurisdiction - consult an attorney or legal aid on that of course. (I do realize you have texts.) Just talking off the top of my head here, but we long ago were successful with small claims, because we kept renewing a judgement we won, and eventually the individual got to the point where they wanted to buy a house and they had to clean up their credit and judgements and we got paid our $700 after maybe 5 or 6 years.

Good luck! (real friends are hard to come by.)

Working on MSR for Chase Marriott and buying 2 iPhones for gifts (just the SEs, nothing fancy) so I want to put it on that card. I do have an offer for 10% off at Lowe's but not sure a GC is the best way. We have T-Mobile, do they even have GCs? At Lowe's's? Otherwise straight up buying from T-Mobile seems the best as they charge $20 per phone for activation. Anyone have an idea I'm missing?

you could buy Apple iTunes cards @ lowes, get the 10%, then go to target.com and buy $100 iTunes GC with free $20 target cards. Then add those iTunes into your apple account and buy 2x iPhone SEs. i would recommend buying a different phone though, SE is rumored to stop getting updates next year.
Tmobile also has some deals but a lot of them require trade ins. Costco might have some BOGO but i havent been paying attention to them since ive already purchased 1 phone via apple itunes credit.

you could buy Apple iTunes cards @ lowes, get the 10%, then go to target.com and buy $100 iTunes GC with free $20 target cards. Then add those iTunes into your apple account and buy 2x iPhone SEs. i would recommend buying a different phone though, SE is rumored to stop getting updates next year.
Tmobile also has some deals but a lot of them require trade ins. Costco might have some BOGO but i havent been paying attention to them since ive already purchased 1 phone via apple itunes credit.
They just released a 2nd generation SE in April 2020. 1 year is awful fast to go obsolete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter