I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading in one stress for my sanity and another type of stress tomorrow. I haven't had any luck finding something new on my own and can't take it any more. Fingers crossed the temp agency can get me something good, I think it's the only way for me to change. Will see how it goes when I give my letter tomorrow but for now I feel better and need to stop the guilt because my sanity is more important :) But it also means the CIC bonus is sure to go down before I can do another card :( I'm ok with that too though. Next months trip is paid for and Nov almost is. Wish I didn't have to do it this way but I've been looking for over a year with no luck, my background just isn't "centralized" enough. Specific jobs have it so much easier.

Less than $300 to go on my Delta biz with a month and a half to go so I'll be good there. And then until Sept to get the last 1k.

Thank you all again for helping me keep my sanity at work. Hopefully the next one won't aggravate it so much.
Good luck!

Worst Marriott experience EVER today!! Booked for three nights and did mobile check in at 11 this morning. Went to the front desk at 4 when I arrived and was told my room wasn’t ready. Went out to dinner and called at 7:30- still not ready. Went by the front desk at 9- still no room. Finally at 10:30 pm I’d had enough and when the front desk guy told me my room still wasn’t ready I snapped back “when is it going to be ready?” A managed pulled me to her line and gave me a room. Of course, it’s not the king room I booked, but at this point I just want to go to bed!! I don’t know what this hotel is done but there are 50 people in the lobby with suitcases waiting on rooms because “housekeeping hasn’t finished.” At 9 pm they told me they’d give me 5000 points in exchange for the trouble but I’m going to call Marriott in the morning and tell them how rude all the front desk staff were in addition. It would be one thing if they were apologetic but when I asked when my room was going to be ready the guy just deadpan stared at me!!

Unfortunately for the hotel, this was the wrong time to mess up rooms because the conference I’m here for is for 700 prosecutors- AKA your classic Type A loudmouths!!

Wow, where is this Marriott?? That's awful!

Worst Marriott experience EVER today!! Booked for three nights and did mobile check in at 11 this morning. Went to the front desk at 4 when I arrived and was told my room wasn’t ready. Went out to dinner and called at 7:30- still not ready. Went by the front desk at 9- still no room. Finally at 10:30 pm I’d had enough and when the front desk guy told me my room still wasn’t ready I snapped back “when is it going to be ready?” A managed pulled me to her line and gave me a room. Of course, it’s not the king room I booked, but at this point I just want to go to bed!! I don’t know what this hotel is done but there are 50 people in the lobby with suitcases waiting on rooms because “housekeeping hasn’t finished.” At 9 pm they told me they’d give me 5000 points in exchange for the trouble but I’m going to call Marriott in the morning and tell them how rude all the front desk staff were in addition. It would be one thing if they were apologetic but when I asked when my room was going to be ready the guy just deadpan stared at me!!

Unfortunately for the hotel, this was the wrong time to mess up rooms because the conference I’m here for is for 700 prosecutors- AKA your classic Type A loudmouths!!

That is ridiculous! That sounds like refund territory to me. I hope they make it right. You are a lot more patient than me—I would have been going nuts at 4!

Wow, where is this Marriott?? That's awful!

Norfolk Marriott Waterside. Just awful! Now my husband tells me that he received a notification that my room was ready at 12:30 AM... even though the reservation is under my account and linked to my points.

That is ridiculous! That sounds like refund territory to me. I hope they make it right. You are a lot more patient than me—I would have been going nuts at 4!

I would’ve been asking for a refund but I’m not the one footing the bill to stay here! If I had been, I would’ve been canceling everything and finding somewhere else to stay. I called Marriott last night and they gave me 6000 points but I’m planning to call again when I leave.

Norfolk Marriott Waterside. Just awful! Now my husband tells me that he received a notification that my room was ready at 12:30 AM... even though the reservation is under my account and linked to my points.

I would’ve been asking for a refund but I’m not the one footing the bill to stay here! If I had been, I would’ve been canceling everything and finding somewhere else to stay. I called Marriott last night and they gave me 6000 points but I’m planning to call again when I leave.
6000 points? Should be a refund. 12:30 am, with check in time 4 pm? That’s 8 hrs difference, nearly half the time you get when you have a room for a “day” assuming 10 am checkout

6000 points? Should be a refund. 12:30 am, with check in time 4 pm? That’s 8 hrs difference, nearly half the time you get when you have a room for a “day” assuming 10 am checkout

They ended up putting me in a room at 10:30, but yes I’m definitely planning to call and complain again. I wa so tired last night I didn’t even get to discuss how poor the customer service was at the front desk. If I had no other experience with Marriott, this would have put me off them for sure!

I tried to book it a few weeks ago and it was working for everything but the Cove which is what I was wanting to book. It gave me an error over and over again. We just went on and made different vacation plans.

That may end up happening. There isn’t much I hate more than making a phone call.

Oh my goodness! That is completely unacceptable. They should’ve sent you to a nearby comparable hotel on their dime. Holy moly!

Seriously though. What if you had kids with you? People can’t just sit around in the lobby way past bedtime. I am shocked by this story. Does this happen often?

Oh my goodness! That is completely unacceptable. They should’ve sent you to a nearby comparable hotel on their dime. Holy moly!

I guess because it’s our conference hotel and we were getting a special rate, they didn’t want to. My conference organizers were offering to put people at different hotels but by the time he got to me I’d already snapped at the front desk and was being given a room.

Seriously though. What if you had kids with you? People can’t just sit around in the lobby way past bedtime. I am shocked by this story. Does this happen often?

I know. And the worst part is we have this conference at this hotel every other year and have for at least 10 years... so it’s not like they didn’t know we were coming!!

I just got instantly approved for both the CSR and CSP this morning! I got a little worried on the CSP as that was the second app and at the end it asked if I wanted them to consider any more sources of income. I said no and I was still approved. Just a low CL. I'm assuming because they gave me a CRAZY high CL on the CSR app right before it. So I seem to be maxed on CL with Chase at the moment, not boding well for the CIC app I wanted to do next month.

I figure after I get the cards I'll ask to have some of the CSR moved to the CSP just so utilization % doesn't look wonky. Unless that'll throw red flags on anything? Certain amount of time I should wait before asking to move credit around?

New territory for me, opened 3 new cards in less than 2 months. And considering a 4th in another month. Little excited and nervous all at the same time.

I just got instantly approved for both the CSR and CSP this morning! I got a little worried on the CSP as that was the second app and at the end it asked if I wanted them to consider any more sources of income. I said no and I was still approved. Just a low CL. I'm assuming because they gave me a CRAZY high CL on the CSR app right before it. So I seem to be maxed on CL with Chase at the moment, not boding well for the CIC app I wanted to do next month.

I figure after I get the cards I'll ask to have some of the CSR moved to the CSP just so utilization % doesn't look wonky. Unless that'll throw red flags on anything? Certain amount of time I should wait before asking to move credit around?

New territory for me, opened 3 new cards in less than 2 months. And considering a 4th in another month. Little excited and nervous all at the same time.
So this is something I'm looking to do pretty soon...can you give me a sense of your stats so I can see how I compare? :) It would be helpful for my strategy!

What's your 5/24 count? What cards have you opened in the last 6 months and date opened? Any idea on how many recent inquiries you have?

So this is something I'm looking to do pretty soon...can you give me a sense of your stats so I can see how I compare? :) It would be helpful for my strategy!

What's your 5/24 count? What cards have you opened in the last 6 months and date opened? Any idea on how many recent inquiries you have?

HaHa! I'm probably not a good DP for you as until last year I hadn't opened a credit card in about 5 years! (I'm bad on the "churn" part :laughing: I tend to only get keeper cards) But here goes:

What's your 5/24 count?: 2/24 (my 3rd card I mentioned was SPG Biz so that's not showing up anywhere)
What cards have you opened in the last 6 months and date opened?:
  • Discover It 11/17
  • SPG Biz 3/18 (but again, it's not showing anywhere, not even a HP)
Any idea on how many recent inquiries you have?: 3/24, 2 credit cards and 1 installment loan. Installment loan in 1/18, cards in 11/17 and 5/17

I'm having second thoughts...I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that nothing will change today, but maybe I should buy a Marriott package before 4:30. :scared:

I had the same thought, but I'm not going to do it. To many unknowns.

I debated over that too, and ultimately decided that these "changes" (and there have been many over the years) have never turned out positive for the consumer.

HaHa! I'm probably not a good DP for you as until last year I hadn't opened a credit card in about 5 years! (I'm bad on the "churn" part :laughing: I tend to only get keeper cards) But here goes:

What's your 5/24 count?: 2/24 (my 3rd card I mentioned was SPG Biz so that's not showing up anywhere)
What cards have you opened in the last 6 months and date opened?:
  • Discover It 11/17
  • SPG Biz 3/18 (but again, it's not showing anywhere, not even a HP)
Any idea on how many recent inquiries you have?: 3/24, 2 credit cards and 1 installment loan. Installment loan in 1/18, cards in 11/17 and 5/17
Thanks - I appreciate it, haha! My wife will actually be at 0/24 come June (she got a CIP last week). She has some lingering inquiries too, just trying to figure out when to come back to the well for a double dip. It definitely won't be before June though :)

Ugh, I called the automated line and it changed to 7-10 days for my CIP application. I’m thinking this isn’t meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts