I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver lining to my day...just logged into my Marriott page and saw I had 4,--- points I wasn't expecting. Apparently when I stayed with them earlier in the month with Tauck (tour company) they counted that as a "stay" and I received points for DH's bar bill (please don't get me started) and I even earned 750 points for the current Megabonus promotion. It almost takes away the sting of the Hilton rejection :)

I'll just ask here because I'm lazy and it's easier. :duck: I haven't been to DL...should I be booking reservations at restaurants on property now for December or is it a lot more laid back than WDW?

LOL. You can’t even book anything right now because DLR ADRs open 60 days in advance! Yes, it’s a lot more laid back than WDW. However, if there’s a restaurant you know you want to dine, there’s no reason not to book as soon as you can. You can cancel reservations without charge up to the day before. December is a busier time, especially as it gets closer to Christmas and New Year, so it’s a good idea to book ahead. Dining packages, character dining, and more popular restaurants like the Blue Bayou, the new Lamplight Lounge, and Carthay Circle for dinner should always be booked ASAP.

+1 to what @Lain already said. As a DP, we have a trip next week and back in April (perhaps it's also because Pixar Pier is opening this weekend), I waited a couple days past my 60 day park, and it wasn't easy trying to get a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package. Goofy's Kitchen (character dining) and most restaurants were fairly easy and I had my pick of times even a few weeks later (while Fantasmic dining packages at BB where nearly all gone except the 3:30pm slot) and even up until a couple weeks ago. But if you are interested in the Fantasmic or Paint the Night dining packages, those would probably be the only ones I would make sure you book ASAP. As @Lain said, cancel later if you decide it doesn't work, but definitely secure it.

LOL. You can’t even book anything right now because DLR ADRs open 60 days in advance! Yes, it’s a lot more laid back than WDW. However, if there’s a restaurant you know you want to dine, there’s no reason not to book as soon as you can. You can cancel reservations without charge up to the day before. December is a busier time, especially as it gets closer to Christmas and New Year, so it’s a good idea to book ahead. Dining packages, character dining, and more popular restaurants like the Blue Bayou, the new Lamplight Lounge, and Carthay Circle for dinner should always be booked ASAP.
Hahaha! Thanks! I'm having trouble getting used to this alternate Disney universe where I don't have to plan every second of my day 5 years out.

So my cousin applied for the Freedom and got the 30 day message. I sent her the flow chart and told her she could call the human line to talk to a rep because she didn't unfreeze her credit before she applied. She called the number on the flow chart, 888-270-2127, and got a crazy buzzing noise like a fax machine. Because she was calling from her FitBit she immediately got some kind of malware message on her computer that totally freaked her out. I called it myself and got the same noise. Is there another number she can call? I think she's regretting ever taking my advice because she thinks her computer's infected now!

ETA: 5 minutes later the number is working fine. :confused3

Last edited:
+1 to what @Lain already said. As a DP, we have a trip next week and back in April (perhaps it's also because Pixar Pier is opening this weekend), I waited a couple days past my 60 day park, and it wasn't easy trying to get a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package. Goofy's Kitchen (character dining) and most restaurants were fairly easy and I had my pick of times even a few weeks later (while Fantasmic dining packages at BB where nearly all gone except the 3:30pm slot) and even up until a couple weeks ago. But if you are interested in the Fantasmic or Paint the Night dining packages, those would probably be the only ones I would make sure you book ASAP. As @Lain said, cancel later if you decide it doesn't work, but definitely secure it.
Thank you for the info! I'll look into what we might want to go for, but it's nice to know I have time to do some research. :o

I'm being told "an unexpected error occurred" when trying to link DHs CIP to his CSR.

Here's what we have set up:
  • My CSR/Freedom to his CSR
  • MILs CSR to his CSR
:confused3

Since I'm a slacker, I haven't changed my Chase accounts to my married name, but since my maiden name CSR is connected to his and I've never had problems moving those back and forth in the last 10 months, I would think trying my CSR with his CIP would be okay...

ETA: I connected it to my CSR and transferred them, no issue. Weird. Oh well, that works.

Last edited:

@peel: THIS.

My DD loves Fantasmic; asks to see it every trip. So I always make a point to book the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package. The BB package is the most expensive, but we love the food, and it offers access to the best seating area right in front of Tom Sawyer Island where everything happens and a free souvenir Blue Bayou/Fantasmic foam seat cushion.

I set my calendar to remind me to book right at 60 days. The Disneyland Dining website loads reservations times around 3 am PT/6 am ET. Disneyland Dining phone lines open up at 7 am PT/10 am ET. I always book the Fantasmic package the morning of 60 days so I can’t say how quickly they fill up, but I may check a day or two later and the prime dinner times are usually filled up by then.

New to this thread. We have a DCL cruise planned for Sept. 2019 and want to tack on a few days at WDW after. Can anyone recommend a card with a great sign on bonus that could go towards flights, hotel, or tickets? We have a Disney Visa and Chase Southwest rapid rewards. Thanks!

Need to call Disney's group travel desk or something, they can look you up by name... Is it on reddit? I can't remember, I did it back in October.
Thanks. I did it last summer this time but I didn't write it down. Should have. ha!

Call Disney Wholesale direct ‭(407) 939-7671‬

They will look up your red and give you the MDE number to input. Takes like 30 seconds

This is why I love this group! Thanks CyndiLouWho! PS- writing this down in my travel folder. :)

I have a problem. Hi, I'm Alyssa and I can't stop looking for the best deals possible even though I'm not using actual money from my budget...

me too, girl, me too. I originally wanted to do club level so we could buy the extra Fps and fireworks seating. I decided to be stingy with my points...again.

Close enough to port but also Chinatown which we want to visit. Also only 12k Hyatt Points. Others I looked at were Westin Bayshore which looks to have fabulous views. 16k SPG Points.
For the night after cruise I booked Westin Wall Center Airport.

Thank you. I will check them out.

New to this thread. We have a DCL cruise planned for Sept. 2019 and want to tack on a few days at WDW after. Can anyone recommend a card with a great sign on bonus that could go towards flights, hotel, or tickets? We have a Disney Visa and Chase Southwest rapid rewards. Thanks!

:welcome:Can you share what cards you have opened in the last 24 months? If it is just the 2 above, when did you open them? If the SW was this year, I would try for a SW biz card (we can help you figure out your 'business') to attain the CP.
If it wasn't this year, I would try for a CIP (again business) but it has a 80k sign up bonus. Then, a few months later, I would try for a double dip of the CSR/CSP to get another 100k points. Meanwhile, you can refer your player 2 to the same cards...if you have a player 2. :) These don't have to be done in this order, and if you are comfortable with the business card, the double dip would be great!
Ask lots of questions, and always ask before making any moves. Rules are constantly changing and we'd hate to have you miss out on a bonus. I always ask before doing anything as well. :flower:

ETA: the CIP, CSR, and CSP all get you URs, which are used on the chase portal at an increased redemption rate and/or transferred 1:1 to various partners, including southwest, Hyatt, etc.

@peel: THIS.

My DD loves Fantasmic; asks to see it every trip. So I always make a point to book the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package. The BB package is the most expensive, but we love the food, and it offers access to the best seating area right in front of Tom Sawyer Island where everything happens and a free souvenir Blue Bayou/Fantasmic foam seat cushion.

I set my calendar to remind me to book right at 60 days. The Disneyland Dining website loads reservations times around 3 am PT/6 am ET. Disneyland Dining phone lines open up at 7 am PT/10 am ET. I always book the Fantasmic package the morning of 60 days so I can’t say how quickly they fill up, but I may check a day or two later and the prime dinner times are usually filled up by then.
:disrocks:

Ok, so I think the Chase UR portal really is fixed this time. I was just able to pull up multiple resorts and the 2nd screen showed the room choices. I booked CSR for 11k points a night. :worship:
Sorry in advance, I'm going to ask for some hand-holding as I still can't get any of the Disney resorts to show up.
I log in to UR, click travel, then Hotels, then for destination either Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL (I've tried so many different dates).
All the neighboring hotels (including Swan/Dolphin) show up, but none of the Disney branded ones in either location when I look by map, or just scroll through the 400 hotel options. I've also tried specifying Disney as the hotel brand.

Are you doing something different than this to get them to show up?

The coffee? Oh good! DH does all the grocery shopping so I had no idea. Yay! When I get back home, I’ll pick up some WF gift cards for 5x at Staples with my Ink Plus and then venture into the grocery store in search of Blue Bottle coffee.

Also don't forget 10% Staples rebate on Amex Business cards. I bought a Whole Foods gc online and went through Topcashback. Cash back is pending; hopefully they won't take it away.

Sorry in advance, I'm going to ask for some hand-holding as I still can't get any of the Disney resorts to show up.
I log in to UR, click travel, then Hotels, then for destination either Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL (I've tried so many different dates).
All the neighboring hotels (including Swan/Dolphin) show up, but none of the Disney branded ones in either location when I look by map, or just scroll through the 400 hotel options. I've also tried specifying Disney as the hotel brand.

Are you doing something different than this to get them to show up?

I just tried looking for Disney hotels for next April to get an idea of the points needed and nothing showed up except for swolphin. I changed the dates to Nov and they all showed up. Maybe your dates are too far out?

I just tried looking for Disney hotels for next April to get an idea of the points needed and nothing showed up except for swolphin. I changed the dates to Nov and they all showed up. Maybe your dates are too far out?
:badpc: Yup, that was it. Every time I changed dates I put them further out thinking that there was no way they were ALL booked that far out. I'm a little embarrassed now at how easy that was. Thank you :D

:welcome:Can you share what cards you have opened in the last 24 months? If it is just the 2 above, when did you open them? If the SW was this year, I would try for a SW biz card (we can help you figure out your 'business') to attain the CP.
If it wasn't this year, I would try for a CIP (again business) but it has a 80k sign up bonus. Then, a few months later, I would try for a double dip of the CSR/CSP to get another 100k points. Meanwhile, you can refer your player 2 to the same cards...if you have a player 2. :) These don't have to be done in this order, and if you are comfortable with the business card, the double dip would be great!
Ask lots of questions, and always ask before making any moves. Rules are constantly changing and we'd hate to have you miss out on a bonus. I always ask before doing anything as well. :flower:

ETA: the CIP, CSR, and CSP all get you URs, which are used on the chase portal at an increased redemption rate and/or transferred 1:1 to various partners, including southwest, Hyatt, etc.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in and asking questions. I don't want to read 1600+ pages worth of information just yet.
We have a SWA VISA that was opened in 2013ish. Can I open the SWA Business VISA and still get the bonus rewards?
We also have a Capital One Venture MC (our main card), Chase Sapphire VISA, AMEX Blue and Disney VISA (which I am thinking about getting rid of). Our primary goal for rewards has always been airline miles but the Venture allows hotels as well. SWA is nice but they are limited on flights so we started using the Venture primarily to be able to branch out with different airlines. We will probably keep the SWA open because I can transfer Sapphire points to my Rapid Rewards.
Are there any other cards I should look into?
Oh, and I read earlier (first couple of pages, maybe?) about how there was an easy way to get a Travel Companion pass via SWA. Will they be offering that means again? I have read about how to get it the regular way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!