I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin talked to a rep who confirmed she needed to unfreeze her Experian and call back. She did so and was immediately approved for the Freedom. Yay, referral bonus! :dogdance: She already got the CSR based on my droning on about its awesomeness, but she didn't know there was any such thing as a referral, so I missed out on that one. Oh well.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in and asking questions. I don't want to read 1600+ pages worth of information just yet.
We have a SWA VISA that was opened in 2013ish. Can I open the SWA Business VISA and still get the bonus rewards?
We also have a Capital One Venture MC (our main card), Chase Sapphire VISA, AMEX Blue and Disney VISA (which I am thinking about getting rid of). Our primary goal for rewards has always been airline miles but the Venture allows hotels as well. SWA is nice but they are limited on flights so we started using the Venture primarily to be able to branch out with different airlines. We will probably keep the SWA open because I can transfer Sapphire points to my Rapid Rewards.
Are there any other cards I should look into?
Oh, and I read earlier (first couple of pages, maybe?) about how there was an easy way to get a Travel Companion pass via SWA. Will they be offering that means again? I have read about how to get it the regular way.

Questions are welcome, but we need more information, which cards have you opened in the last 24 months, we need month and year. Also need to delineate if it is your card or your significant others card. Which Chase Sapphire do you have the preferred or reserved-these cards earn chase ultimate reward points and there are numerous other cards that earn those as well-which are vary versatile reward currency worth 1.25 cents when redeeming through the preferred or 1.5 cents when redeeming through the reserve.

Are you staying at the Disney property or elsewhere on the island? We’re staying in Palmetto Dunes which is right across from the Disney resort.

So far Poseidon has been my favorite restaurant. One of the best meals I’ve had in a looong time! Takeout from Bullies Bbq was good, too. Marleys island Grill was good (but very loud!). We ate at the Mediterranean restaurant in Shelter Cove last night and the food was good but service was so-so. It was a little scary for us because our kids have food allergies and they weren’t great about that. I really enjoyed A Low Country Backyard last time we came and I think we will try to go there tomorrow.

Lots of good choices around here!

Chiming in . . . we haven't been to Hilton Head in a few years, but we used to eat at the Skull Creek Boathouse. Good food, live music, and great atmosphere right on the water. Highly recommend! Only downside is that its a bit of a hike from the Palmetto Dunes area.

Questions are welcome, but we need more information, which cards have you opened in the last 24 months, we need month and year. Also need to delineate if it is your card or your significant others card. Which Chase Sapphire do you have the preferred or reserved-these cards earn chase ultimate reward points and there are numerous other cards that earn those as well-which are vary versatile reward currency worth 1.25 cents when redeeming through the preferred or 1.5 cents when redeeming through the reserve.

I am the primary account holder for all cards. DH is an account holder.
SWA Rapid Rewards Premier VISA since 1/2013 or 12/2012?
Capital One Venture MC since 2/2017
Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA since 2/2018
AMEX Blue since 2007
Disney Chase Visa since 2014
:) Thanks

Sorry in advance, I'm going to ask for some hand-holding as I still can't get any of the Disney resorts to show up.
I log in to UR, click travel, then Hotels, then for destination either Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL (I've tried so many different dates).
All the neighboring hotels (including Swan/Dolphin) show up, but none of the Disney branded ones in either location when I look by map, or just scroll through the 400 hotel options. I've also tried specifying Disney as the hotel brand.

Are you doing something different than this to get them to show up?

I put in Orlando, not LBV. Try that.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in and asking questions. I don't want to read 1600+ pages worth of information just yet.
We have a SWA VISA that was opened in 2013ish. Can I open the SWA Business VISA and still get the bonus rewards?
We also have a Capital One Venture MC (our main card), Chase Sapphire VISA, AMEX Blue and Disney VISA (which I am thinking about getting rid of). Our primary goal for rewards has always been airline miles but the Venture allows hotels as well. SWA is nice but they are limited on flights so we started using the Venture primarily to be able to branch out with different airlines. We will probably keep the SWA open because I can transfer Sapphire points to my Rapid Rewards.
Are there any other cards I should look into?
Oh, and I read earlier (first couple of pages, maybe?) about how there was an easy way to get a Travel Companion pass via SWA. Will they be offering that means again? I have read about how to get it the regular way.

I am new over to this side of the board - never knew there was a CC thread. Fantastic. The SW Companion Pass is the best form of reward out there in my opinion. Between my DW and myself we are in the middle of our 5th year having it and it expires end of 2019. You should be eligible to get the bonus again on your present card, so I'd actually first cancel that one. Apply for that one later in the year along with the SW Biz - make sure you hit the spend on both cards after Jan 1 and you'll have the majority, if not all, the points needed for the companion pass - good for rest of 2019 and all of 2020.

Somebody supported me on a Chase link about a week ago, and my points are showing as pending today. They were definitely not there Tuesday or yesterday, because I checked, even though I figured under a week would be too fast.
So when do points post? With statement close? DH’s CSP has a support bonus pending, has been for a couple weeks. OTOH, I see nothing for my CF when my mom applied/approved last Friday.

AMEX Blue since 2007

Thanks for the details. If you think you can make use of the SW companion pass, you could cancel your current SW card. You can open a SW Biz card now. Then, 30 days after you canceled (I am timid), open a SW personal. There is a new SW personal card coming out that should be good too. The combo of a biz and personal will get you a CP.

Since you have a new CSP, you aren't eligible for a CSR.

You could certainly open a CIP for that 80k bonus, but you'll want to decided whether the SW biz is more impt. You can do both, but put 3-6 months in-between.

As for cards, you and your player 2 are separate entities. You can both hold the same cards, and you can even refer him. You'd want to get him removed as AU on any of your account that are 24 mths old or less, as they'd still count towards his 5/24 with Chase.

Once you do that, your DH could double dip the sapphires (get both on same day) for 100k bonus! You'd refer him to the CSP for the referral bonus too! He could also do the SW cards to pad those points.

Are you leaning towards a SW CP first, or no? That decision will help lead you to your first app.

ETA: If you don't need the CP immediately, you might benefit from holding off on it until late in the year so points post after 1/1 and then it will be good for almost 2 years instead.

AMEX Blue since 2007

You are under 5/24 so that’s good. Chase will prevent you from getting certain cards if you have more than 5 personal card approvals in 24 months. I’d start with Chase cards. You can cancel your SW card and go for the bonus again but I’d recommend waiting until January 2019 so you can get multiple cards and try for the companion pass and have it for a longer time unless you need it now.

For now I’d recommend the CIP. 80,000 UR for 5k spend (100k if you apply in branch) It’s a business card but a business can be anything. Tutoring, eBay, dog walking etc. then after you get this card you can refer your DH and get an additional 20k UR for the referral. That’s a minimum of 190k UR.

Sorry in advance, I'm going to ask for some hand-holding as I still can't get any of the Disney resorts to show up.
I log in to UR, click travel, then Hotels, then for destination either Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL (I've tried so many different dates).
All the neighboring hotels (including Swan/Dolphin) show up, but none of the Disney branded ones in either location when I look by map, or just scroll through the 400 hotel options. I've also tried specifying Disney as the hotel brand.

Are you doing something different than this to get them to show up?
Have you sorted by cost? That's my favorite way to get Disney hotels to show since they're the most expensive. Weird, but it's worked in the past.
ETA: ah, see you were searching too far out :) Disneyland doesn't release stuff nearly as early as wdw does

That kept never resulting in Disney hotels for me, lol. Sounds like they fixed that little bug? UR searching is worse than DIS searching I swear!
Interesting! That's what I always do. Maybe I'm missing out on some insane offers!!

Thanks for the details. If you think you can make use of the SW companion pass, you could cancel your current SW card. You can open a SW Biz card now. Then, 30 days after you canceled (I am timid), open a SW personal. There is a new SW personal card coming out that should be good too. The combo of a biz and personal will get you a CP.

Since you have a new CSP, you aren't eligible for a CSR.

You could certainly open a CIP for that 80k bonus, but you'll want to decided whether the SW biz is more impt. You can do both, but put 3-6 months in-between.

As for cards, you and your player 2 are separate entities. You can both hold the same cards, and you can even refer him. You'd want to get him removed as AU on any of your account that are 24 mths old or less, as they'd still count towards his 5/24 with Chase.

Once you do that, your DH could double dip the sapphires (get both on same day) for 100k bonus! You'd refer him to the CSP for the referral bonus too! He could also do the SW cards to pad those points.

Are you leaning towards a SW CP first, or no? That decision will help lead you to your first app.

ETA: If you don't need the CP immediately, you might benefit from holding off on it until late in the year so points post after 1/1 and then it will be good for almost 2 years instead.

If I cancel the SWA Visa, don't I lose all the miles I already have? DH did this and we lost 50k miles. :(
CIP? What's the Sapphire promotion? I'll have to look into the referral bonus. Whew. This is a lot.
I don't need CP immediately. I would like to be able to maximize the time so closer to 1/1. Hopefully by then I will have a good handle on all of the rewards information.

If I cancel the SWA Visa, don't I lose all the miles I already have? DH did this and we lost 50k miles. :(
CIP? What's the Sapphire promotion? I'll have to look into the referral bonus. Whew. This is a lot.
I don't need CP immediately. I would like to be able to maximize the time so closer to 1/1. Hopefully by then I will have a good handle on all of the rewards information.
The miles should be in your SW account, once they post they aren’t held by Chase any longer. I’ve never seen a DP of someone losing their miles because they cancelled a credit card unless they canceled it before the original sign-up bonus said they could (sometimes “must keep account open for 12 months” or something is on there”)

If you keep your SW RR acccount active...by paying cash for a trip or shopping through the SW shopping portal...probably other things I’m not remembering ...the account will not close...I think it closes after 2 years of no activity...

CIP is Chase Ink Preferred ...a business card the sign up bonus is 80,000 UR points if you spend 5,000 in the first 3 months....You apply with your name and SS number as the business name and tax ID number

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter