I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh, i think someone at target messed up... coupon stacking to the point where it brings a switch down to half price...
In for one cancellation probably...

I texted for a bunch of the coupons, but I don’t have any big ticket items to spend/stack them on. I also really like shopping at Target, so no way would I use these codes and risk banning my account if they’re in error.

Holy crap, Amex offer went up... lots of good ones esp for gift card resells!

Yes! I got Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Etsy, California Pizza Kitchen, Comfort Suites and I'll use most of these!

I got Best Buy too! That’ll be perfect for me to pick up Disney gift cards for my tickets for November. Too bad we can’t stack the SB code multiple times anymore, but maybe I’ll go through Shopkicks while I’m there to at least get points for that.

Yes! I got Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Etsy, California Pizza Kitchen, Comfort Suites and I'll use most of these!
Darn, I didn't see one for Comfort Suites but we only have the SPG Biz cards! We typically stay at CS when we go to Hershey for the weekend or down to OCMD for a short visit so that one would have been handy.

Thanks for the suggestions. How far is the theater from the New Yorker?

I’m glad I double checked. When I booked the New Yorker, the Hotel Henri-a Wyndham hotel wasn’t available on points. It now is so I switched to Hotel Henri. Looks like it’s in the Flatiron district/Chelsea.

The Henri is in the Flatiron district, further downtown from the theater. But frankly, I like the neighborhood tremendously better than where the New Yorker is - the area around 34th street is kind of bland and corporate-y, whereas in the Flatiron there are many more interesting shops and restaurants within walking distance. Bonus, it's only a block away from the 23rd St subway Broadway line, so it's a one-seat ride to 49 St, and the theater is a short walk from there.

New 30,000 points offer on the BoA Amtrak World card:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-amtrak-credit-card-30000-point-bonus/

As a frequent Amtrak rider, I have many positive thoughts about this card, but the short version is that Amtrak points are worth 2.9cpp (or around 2.5cpp on Acela travel), plus you get a companion coupon, making this bonus worth close to $900 easily. If you don't want to ride Amtrak it's obviously worthless.

BoA is one of the few banks left that are easy to churn assuming you follow their rules. This is the second time I've held this card (previously opened 9/2017, closed 4/2018).

Darn, I didn't see one for Comfort Suites but we only have the SPG Biz cards! We typically stay at CS when we go to Hershey for the weekend or down to OCMD for a short visit so that one would have been handy.

It is 30 of 150.

I've found offers show up later after people have reported them.

I'm happy with the best buy offers. 10% off my dvc dues!!!! Got my daughter saving all hers as well so I can get it done in one shot.

New 30,000 points offer on the BoA Amtrak World card:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-amtrak-credit-card-30000-point-bonus/

As a frequent Amtrak rider, I have many positive thoughts about this card, but the short version is that Amtrak points are worth 2.9cpp (or around 2.5cpp on Acela travel), plus you get a companion coupon, making this bonus worth close to $900 easily. If you don't want to ride Amtrak it's obviously worthless.

BoA is one of the few banks left that are easy to churn assuming you follow their rules. This is the second time I've held this card (previously opened 9/2017, closed 4/2018).

Is this something I could turn into a ride for me and my car on the auto train from Lorton, va to Florida? I've always nixed that because of expense...

Is this something I could turn into a ride for me and my car on the auto train from Lorton, va to Florida? I've always nixed that because of expense...

Definitely. The Auto Train sells out quickly in the winter months. I just did a dummy booking to check, and the train ride itself one wayway about 5k points coach or 20k roomette. I think all meals are included in every ticket for this one since the train does not make any stops.

Now, I think your car has a separate cost, and I have no idea how that would work with points (if at all).

It is 30 of 150.

I've found offers show up later after people have reported them.

I'm happy with the best buy offers. 10% off my dvc dues!!!! Got my daughter saving all hers as well so I can get it done in one shot.
Thanks! I'll keep checking our accounts. I did have the Buy, Buy Baby show up later, not that there is one anywhere near me. But I did have others and need to get a Disney GC for our trip to DL next week so I have that discount covered between Staples, Lowes and Best Buy...

heh, i think someone at target messed up... coupon stacking to the point where it brings a switch down to half price...
In for one cancellation probably...

On Slickdeals there was a comment: After stacking all codes: 'I bought the entire store. Corporate called and asked me to pick up the store tomorrow.'

I guess that meant no free shipping.....

Definitely. The Auto Train sells out quickly in the winter months. I just did a dummy booking to check, and the train ride itself one wayway about 5k points coach or 20k roomette. I think all meals are included in every ticket for this one since the train does not make any stops.

Now, I think your car has a separate cost, and I have no idea how that would work with points (if at all).

Cash price with best price for myself and my jeep, usually was around $500 one way. can't remember if it was coach or sleeper car. Since on some trips I'm travelling solo, I would like to use it. I think meals are included with sleeper cars but doubtful with coach.

Editing this @striker1064
January 14, 2019 - $362 coach with vehicle $829 for a roomette.

editing again @striker1064

January 14, 2019 - leaving Sanford and returning to Lorton: $297 in coach $466 in a roomette.
Above was leaving Lorton which is snowbirds heading south, so almost double - wow! Amtrak makes sure its seniors pay top dollar!

Again, I'm almost tempted by the price cause the trip back is usually lonely and feels longer!

3rd edit: points cost for roomette and car 16,077

Last edited:
Looks like my Barclays card is in the mail today according to Informed Delivery. Application checker still says DH doesn't have an application on file and I can't find any way to talk to someone at Barclays by calling the number. :furious:

@palhockeymomof2 @afan @wendow As of right now its just been gifts and stuff as I have not had the time to do any real quantity, been working on my Masters and I co-run another side business for extreme Christmas light people. I will be stepping up production here soon as I am going to try to do several craft shows this fall and open an online store. The cutting board above was just something I did for DD since I don't mess with the mouse. As for the growth charts I have not done any show-able ones yet, mostly just templates and practice stuff on scrap wood. Once I get going I will post some pictures if all goes according to plan. The plan now is to sell locally in Omaha at craft shows and possibly open an online store for the smaller things and customizations.

DH would love to do stuff like this, hes always asking for one. Shhh dont tell him :)
You know.... It's a good way to kill any MSR. :rotfl2:Also a great way to kick yourself for not having a new card to use. I am already behind the game so could not wait for a new card.

Would you do $50 a day until you hit $300? I wasn't sure if the offer was spend $300 all at once or just cumulatively.
It’s cumulative.

I have Best Buy on my way home from work which helps. I’ll do $50 and wait for the bonus. Sometimes the bonuses show up unpredictably and I’m not sure if the one per day is based on the purchase date. Once a bonus posts I’ll do the next one.

Holy crap, Amex offer went up... lots of good ones esp for gift card resells!

Holy crap, indeed! I can't remember the last time Amex dropped a huge pile of good offers like this all at once. (Ok, maybe the Staples, Lowe's, Exxon 10% offers on their biz cards.)

I got Best Buy, BB&B, eBags, Macy's, Banana Republic, Levi's, Cole Haan, Mr Porter, CPK, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, Etsy, Kimpton, Comfort Hotels on my MB Plat and PRG and PRG AU. Nothing on my SPG or Hilton cards.

Btw, I started doing the Swagbucks QR deal at BBY last week since I'm needing to stock up on Disney GCs again, and 500 points are already pending. And I earned enough BBY points for a $5 rewards certificate! Unfortunately, my nearest buybuy baby doesn't seem to sell third-party GCs, and the next closest store without paying a toll that'll wipe out any savings is 50 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter