I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, just tried to refer DH to the Hilton Biz card, (that I got myself a few weeks ago) and got the dreaded pop-up. Ugh! We have all the same cards and the same time, wonder why he got it and I didn't. I better get the darn points when I meet my spend!

Did RMN for a 2nd time at staples. They only had 50 dis gc so I got another starbucks. Gotta pay for my hot chocolates Only seem to be using my biz amex at lowes ans staples since they have offers. Once I'm done with my msr I'll have to add in some other stuff so it's not just offers to keep them happy.
My staples only had $50 Disney gc too

To add I live chatted with RMN about the missing $10 cashback from Staples..she it looked ok but said to contact them after 10/4 if it does not post

Wow! Tough question since the value of a keeper card is in the eye and travel style of the beholder. I am by no means averse to annual fees so long as that card offers me a particular benefit that I value and is worth the fee to me. So here are mine and why:

CSR - $300 travel credit is something I am going to hit even if I didn’t travel. Tolls trigger it and I drive a lot for work. The 3x I earn on dining and travel more than covers the $55 difference between CSP and CSR as does the number of points I save each year with the UR being worth 1.5 vs 1.25.

Ink+ (no longer available) - This is the work horse of my UR earning due to purchasing gift cards at 5x in office supply stores. CIC would be a comparable card.

Freedom- rotation of 5x UR categories also contributes to the UR stash

CFU - 1.5 UR on everything else. I was wavering between this and another card for non category spend after the SPG value for non category spend was killed.

Disney Visa - I’ve had it since day 1. Can’t cancel it due to age.

Chase Amazon - Have had that forever and am stuck with it.

Marriott Premier - I will use the free night every year and it is more valuable than the fee to me.

IHG - I have one more unlimited free night coming my way and then will evaluate if future capped free nights are valuable or not. I am pretty sure I will keep it though.

British Airways Visa - offers 10% off BA paid flights which can be stacked with AARP discount. Card holders can get a travel together ticket when spending $30k on it each year. I’ve decided to MS my way to that every other year.

United card - extra 25% on MPX app purchases but more importantly extra award availability for card members.

Amex Blue for business - 2x MR up to $50k in spend. No AF. Most of my non bonus spend is going here now.

SPG biz - the free night is something I will use each year and value of that is more than the fee.

SPG lux - between the $300 property credit and the free night this is also a keeper as I will use those and my use will also surpass the fee.

Hilton Aspire - Diamond status, free weekend night, $250 resort credit, $250 airline credit. My new favorite hotel card!

Club Carlson - 40,000 points every year deposits in the account. This is better than a free night. That benefit is no longer available to new card holders.

Citi AA Platinum - gives you 10% off redeemed airline miles back each year up to 10,000 AA miles. We blow through well over 100k AA miles each year so getting 10k back covers the fee.

BOA premium Travel card - $100 airline credit covers tha AF and I am thinking I may use this one as a potential for variety in the point and miles portfolio.

:worship:

Sooo, just tried to refer DH to the Hilton Biz card, (that I got myself a few weeks ago) and got the dreaded pop-up. Ugh! We have all the same cards and the same time, wonder why he got it and I didn't. I better get the darn points when I meet my spend!

If you didn't get the welcome bonus denial pop up, you'll get your points. Have you been putting spend on DH's cards after meeting MSR? I don't think there's an exact amount you need to spend on Amex cards, and whether it's on just a few cards or across all cards, but a common factor among folks who report getting this pop up message is the lack of spend on their Amex card(s) after meeting MSR and getting the bonus.

If you didn't get the welcome bonus denial pop up, you'll get your points. Have you been putting spend on DH's cards after meeting MSR? I don't think there's an exact amount you need to spend on Amex cards, and whether it's on just a few cards or across all cards, but a common factor among folks who report getting this pop up message is the lack of spend on their Amex card(s) after meeting MSR and getting the bonus.
I didn't get the pop-up, but I got a we need more time message, resulting in a phone call and me cancelling one of my other AMEX cards. I assume I would have gotten the pop up before the we need more time message? I will have to check on the spending, I don't spend much on mine either, after I meet the spend, but I will see if we have spent anything extra on his.
If I spend on a couple, can we apply again, since we cancelled the other application?

My staples only had $50 Disney gc too

To add I live chatted with RMN about the missing $10 cashback from Staples..she it looked ok but said to contact them after 10/4 if it does not post

Did she say if you'd need to provide the receipt? Curious since my cvs didn't track yesterday but I got I got a gc and a facemask.

I'm not overly concerned since one of thr staples that tracked I was buying anyway with the amex 10% so in my mind I just shift the 10 from there to the cvs purchase but I'd prefer to have all of it.

I'm boring, a Discover card, Chase Freedom, and AmEx ED. My first Discover is my oldest card now and since it's the It Chrome there's not much incentive to churn it anyway. My new Discover it has churning possibilities due to the cashback match on 5% categories. My AmEx ED was a Blue card of some type (it earned MR) that they PC'd for me without my knowledge a couple years ago. But it's my 2nd oldest card and it's got no AF to hold all my MR's if I ever go crazy and start that earning road again. Since I'm still invested in Chase I plan to not rock the boat and mess with that one since it's my first actual Chase card (the rest were all co-brands) and it's 10 years old this year. So I'm probably not helpful :)

So how do you get multiple Discover cards? I just got my first (and so far only) last year, but the quarterly bonuses make it valuable.

Wow! Tough question since the value of a keeper card is in the eye and travel style of the beholder. I am by no means averse to annual fees so long as that card offers me a particular benefit that I value and is worth the fee to me. So here are mine and why:

CSR - $300 travel credit is something I am going to hit even if I didn’t travel. Tolls trigger it and I drive a lot for work. The 3x I earn on dining and travel more than covers the $55 difference between CSP and CSR as does the number of points I save each year with the UR being worth 1.5 vs 1.25.

Ink+ (no longer available) - This is the work horse of my UR earning due to purchasing gift cards at 5x in office supply stores. CIC would be a comparable card.

Freedom- rotation of 5x UR categories also contributes to the UR stash

CFU - 1.5 UR on everything else. I was wavering between this and another card for non category spend after the SPG value for non category spend was killed.

Disney Visa - I’ve had it since day 1. Can’t cancel it due to age.

Chase Amazon - Have had that forever and am stuck with it.

Marriott Premier - I will use the free night every year and it is more valuable than the fee to me.

IHG - I have one more unlimited free night coming my way and then will evaluate if future capped free nights are valuable or not. I am pretty sure I will keep it though.

British Airways Visa - offers 10% off BA paid flights which can be stacked with AARP discount. Card holders can get a travel together ticket when spending $30k on it each year. I’ve decided to MS my way to that every other year.

United card - extra 25% on MPX app purchases but more importantly extra award availability for card members.

Amex Blue for business - 2x MR up to $50k in spend. No AF. Most of my non bonus spend is going here now.

SPG biz - the free night is something I will use each year and value of that is more than the fee.

SPG lux - between the $300 property credit and the free night this is also a keeper as I will use those and my use will also surpass the fee.

Hilton Aspire - Diamond status, free weekend night, $250 resort credit, $250 airline credit. My new favorite hotel card!

Club Carlson - 40,000 points every year deposits in the account. This is better than a free night. That benefit is no longer available to new card holders.

Citi AA Platinum - gives you 10% off redeemed airline miles back each year up to 10,000 AA miles. We blow through well over 100k AA miles each year so getting 10k back covers the fee.

BOA premium Travel card - $100 airline credit covers tha AF and I am thinking I may use this one as a potential for variety in the point and miles portfolio.

This is an awesome list. Sadly a lot of those cards wouldn't work for me right now because I am in travel planning purgatory with my family's inability to know when we all (or some, even) will be able to travel. So booking award tickets is pretty much out -- mostly I book airfare 2-3 weeks in advance (which makes UR points very valuable but specific airline points not so much). Same for hotel points -- we are going to WDW/USO this December, but on-site hotels are part of the magic for us.

Interesting that AmEx Blue Biz has shown up a lot. It was not really on my radar before, and I'm not sure it's worth possibly angering the AmEx gods at this moment (I probably would risk that only for the 100k Plat offer) but I'm writing it down to consider next year after I cancel 2-3 AmEx cards.

anyone? anxious rightfr now

I think it probably just means that they cannot verify your (son's) identity with the typical "where did you live/what kind of car did you have" questions. Your best bet might be to mail in the paper form and they will mail you a copy of his credit report.

I went to Kohl’s and Staples at lunchtime. Continued the refresh of DS’s UA sweatpants and split my transaction for the RMN offer. First card worked fine and the 2nd card, I didn’t get the immediate feedback. I went to my car and kept refreshing and it showed up. Then headed to Staples for Target GC and no immediate response so I kept refreshing and that one finally went pending also. Loving RMN at the moment! Now if more of my offer could pay so I can delink again :) Need to get it while the good instead of $5 for a $140 spend...

Did she say if you'd need to provide the receipt? Curious since my cvs didn't track yesterday but I got I got a gc and a facemask.

I'm not overly concerned since one of thr staples that tracked I was buying anyway with the amex 10% so in my mind I just shift the 10 from there to the cvs purchase but I'd prefer to have all of it.

She did mention keeping the receipt until it posted

I didn't get the pop-up, but I got a we need more time message, resulting in a phone call and me cancelling one of my other AMEX cards. I assume I would have gotten the pop up before the we need more time message? I will have to check on the spending, I don't spend much on mine either, after I meet the spend, but I will see if we have spent anything extra on his.
If I spend on a couple, can we apply again, since we cancelled the other application?

If you didn't qualify for the welcome bonus, you would've gotten the bonus denial pop up before submitting your application (before the we need more time message). So you're fine.

Put more spend on your DH's cards and keep trying to apply again. You canceled the application before submitting, so you've never applied. I've been asked how much? I don't know. DPs are all over the place on that one. Some people put <$100 of spend on their Amex cards, tried again later in the week and the pop up went away. Others put much more spend on their Amex cards, tried again, and still got the pop up.

If you didn't qualify for the welcome bonus, you would've gotten the bonus denial pop up before submitting your application (before the we need more time message). So you're fine.

Put more spend on your DH's cards and keep trying to apply again. You canceled the application before submitting, so you've never applied. I've been asked how much? I don't know. DPs are all over the place on that one. Some people put <$100 of spend on their Amex cards, tried again later in the week and the pop up went away. Others put much more spend on their Amex cards, tried again, and still got the pop up.

Thank you!

So how do you get multiple Discover cards? I just got my first (and so far only) last year, but the quarterly bonuses make it valuable.

You can have 2 Discover cards at any time. First one needs to be over 12 months old before they will consider another. 2 is the hard limit so far and from what I understand you can have 2 of the same card. I just happen to have different flavors.

Grrr. Just went to walgreens to do the RMN deal for DH. Thought I had linked the offer to his card but apparently I only saved it :sad2:
I did this on the previous RMN Walgreens offer of $5 off $50. Forgot to link it and had only saved it. At least I paid with a CF! Then did it again, making sure I had linked it, and got the notice from them. That was 9/7 and it's still pending, which makes me a little nervous.

I think it probably just means that they cannot verify your (son's) identity with the typical "where did you live/what kind of car did you have" questions. Your best bet might be to mail in the paper form and they will mail you a copy of his credit report.
Ugh. Ok I'll have him call the number later to request that- I don't want to just leave this in case it's something worse,not just a lack of info. in the meanwhile he can use my AU cards till he can get his own....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter