I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked a last minute trip, too, using chase points at POFQ. I booked for myself and my daughter, and it was about $100/night. I called Disney and talked to someone in wholesale reservations to get my Disney confirmation number, and they added my daughter's age. When I added the number to MDE, it ended being a garden view room. Great deal! These tend to show up closer to your travel dates. We did the same thing at spring break at WL for about $170/night.

Thanks! Ours will be pretty close to last minute as I'm waiting form my statement to close tomorrow for my points to post.

ETA we are going Labor Day.

I just booked a last minute trip, too, using chase points at POFQ. I booked for myself and my daughter, and it was about $100/night. I called Disney and talked to someone in wholesale reservations to get my Disney confirmation number, and they added my daughter's age. When I added the number to MDE, it ended being a garden view room. Great deal! These tend to show up closer to your travel dates. We did the same thing at spring break at WL for about $170/night.

Just curious, how last minute is your trip? I want to know when to start checking for such great rates.

Just curious, how last minute is your trip? I want to know when to start checking for such great rates.
About 3 weeks out for this trip. Our spring break trip I booked about 2 weeks out. I already had AP room only reservations in place, which I would have used if nothing better had come up. The REALLY cheap Chase point reservations seem to be nonrefundable, so keep that in mind. For 3 weeks out, the best deals were Yacht Club for the points equivalent of $149/night, POFQ for $82, and Coronado Springs for $85.

About 3 weeks out for this trip. Our spring break trip I booked about 2 weeks out. I already had AP room only reservations in place, which I would have used if nothing better had come up. The REALLY cheap Chase point reservations seem to be nonrefundable, so keep that in mind. For 3 weeks out, the best deals were Yacht Club for the points equivalent of $149/night, POFQ for $82, and Coronado Springs for $85.
Dang

Wow!

This info plus my new CP makes me want to go down for a weekend to experience the Great Movie Ride once before it closes even more... :rotfl:

One more thing about booking with Chase points, watch carefully what fees are added on with the final booking. Usually, they just amount to taxes, but I've seen some (mostly at value resorts), where the final fees are as much as the room price. It's really crazy.

There are some great deals to be had, you just might not get your first choice resort, or may have to do a split stay. It's worth it to me!

Just applied for a CIP for the wife's new business. Only put $5k revenue since it's brand new. I wasn't sure what to put as the name since she is going sole prop, nor did I see how to login and show it to link to her current Chase accounts. We got the following message:

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.​

What's the appropriate next move? Wait for a response or call recon?

She is currently at either 2/24 or 3/24, I forget; and has not applied for a new card since January. So, other than the new biz, there should be no red flags.

Last edited:
This info plus my new CP makes me want to go down for a weekend to experience the Great Movie Ride once before it closes even more... :rotfl:
Me too, me too!!! If my 4 kids would allow dh & I to go without them, I'd so go for a long weekend.

Last edited:
Just applied for a CIP for the wife's new business. Only put $5k revenue since it's brand new. I wasn't sure what to put as the name since she is going sole prop, nor did I see how to login and show it to link to her current Chase accounts. We got the following message:

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.​

She is currently at either 2/24 or 3/24, I forget; and has not applied for a new card since January. So, other than the new biz, there should be no red flags.

Wait for a response. You never call until you have to. They will ask about the business and if you answer doesnt satisfy them, they deny it. Wait until its denied, then call. If that happens, make sure you go through the check list before calling.

Wait for a response. You never call until you have to. They will ask about the business and if you answer doesnt satisfy them, they deny it. Wait until its denied, then call. If that happens, make sure you go through the check list before calling.

Here's a flowchart from Reddit that is helpful when dealing with Chase cards that aren't auto-approved. http://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

I waited mine out. You do not want to call on a biz card.

SW companion pass users... can I add the second ticket even if the Wanna Get Away tickets are sold out?

I'm fairly new to this game. I got my first card the CSR in November. I was able to use these points for flights for my mother and I to Costa Rica last February. This has been a great card for me as it gives me 3x on my timeshare maintenance fees. My next 2 cards have been the SW personal cards and I now have CP for my granddaughter to travel with me. I haven't flown SW yet but I think I'm going to love them:love:. I got my mother in the game and she now also has her CP. We have a couple Disney trips planned and we got flights for Aruba for the end of February. For the most part, I am able to get some wonderful timeshare rooms for a reasonable price but Aruba in February may be a really difficult trade.
My DH won't travel ( won't leave his dairy cows) but we just finished a spend on his CSR. I need to make some decisions regarding my next card. I'm hoping to be able to get a timeshare room in Aruba but if that plan doesn't work I will need to plan for hotel rooms there. I am 3/24 for Chase and it seems that the general consensus is that another Chase card might be my best choice. I am wondering about the Marriott card but I am open to suggestions.

SW companion pass users... can I add the second ticket even if the Wanna Get Away tickets are sold out?
Yes, I just did it a few days ago. I panicked because I had forgotten to add my daughter when I originally booked, and wanna get away was sold out, but I booked her no problem. I think as long as the flight isn't completely sold out, you can add your companion.

Yes, I just did it a few days ago. I panicked because I had forgotten to add my daughter when I originally booked, and wanna get away was sold out, but I booked her no problem. I think as long as the flight isn't completely sold out, you can add your companion.
Yes: as long as there's any single seat on the flight at any price/level, you can add your companion to the flight.

I'm fairly new to this game. I got my first card the CSR in November. I was able to use these points for flights for my mother and I to Costa Rica last February. This has been a great card for me as it gives me 3x on my timeshare maintenance fees. My next 2 cards have been the SW personal cards and I now have CP for my granddaughter to travel with me. I haven't flown SW yet but I think I'm going to love them:love:. I got my mother in the game and she now also has her CP. We have a couple Disney trips planned and we got flights for Aruba for the end of February. For the most part, I am able to get some wonderful timeshare rooms for a reasonable price but Aruba in February may be a really difficult trade.
My DH won't travel ( won't leave his dairy cows) but we just finished a spend on his CSR. I need to make some decisions regarding my next card. I'm hoping to be able to get a timeshare room in Aruba but if that plan doesn't work I will need to plan for hotel rooms there. I am 3/24 for Chase and it seems that the general consensus is that another Chase card might be my best choice. I am wondering about the Marriott card but I am open to suggestions.

Have you thought about the Chase Ink Business Preferred (CIP) with 80k UR points after $5k spend? If you apply in branch with a Chase business relationship manager, I believe the bonus is 100k UR points (double check that this offer is still ongoing). You mentioned your DH has dairy cows? Do you ever rent out your timeshare? It sounds like you might have a legit business or at least a colorable claim to business(es). Besides the high signup bonus, the conventional wisdom is that the the CIP won't count against 5/24, but you have to be under 5/24 to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!