I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought about the Chase Ink Business Preferred (CIP) with 80k UR points after $5k spend? If you apply in branch with a Chase business relationship manager, I believe the bonus is 100k UR points (double check that this offer is still ongoing). You mentioned your DH has dairy cows? Do you ever rent out your timeshare? It sounds like you might have a legit business or at least a colorable claim to business(es). Besides the high signup bonus, the conventional wisdom is that the the CIP won't count against 5/24, but you have to be under 5/24 to get it.
Thanks Lain,
I will look in to this. I actually hav a fairly nice stable and have, at this time, one boarder. I would probably qualify with that. Do I need to register the business and get a tax ID number?

I have never thought about applying for a business card but the Chase Ink pull is strong. We recently bought a new house but kept the old one as a rental and now have rental income. I think I saw on this thread someone used a rental as a business?

Thanks Lain,
I will look in to this. I actually hav a fairly nice stable and have, at this time, one boarder. I would probably qualify with that. Do I need to register the business and get a tax ID number?

No, you can apply as a sole proprietor with your personal SSN! An EIN might make your business seem more "legit" if you're applying in branch or anticipate having to talk to Chase about your application. However, a lot of people here and elsewhere have applied and been approved for the CIP by just using their SSN and having a convincing enough story ready about the nature of their business, how long they've been in business, how much income the business makes, etc. if it ever comes up.

Have a boarder who pays you money? That's a business. Do you have rental income? That's a business. Do you sell dairy products? That's a business. Do you sell anything online, like on eBay, Amazon, or Etsy? That's a business. Do you babysit, pet sit, or something similar? You get the point.

I have never thought about applying for a business card but the Chase Ink pull is strong. We recently bought a new house but kept the old one as a rental and now have rental income. I think I saw on this thread someone used a rental as a business?

Yes! Ownership and management of rental property is definitely a business! Go for it!

ETA: I believe it was @CyndiLouWho who has the rental business.

If you're under 5/24, go for the CIP -- it's got a big UR signup bonus! You can also add Amex business cards to the mix since data points say Amex doesn't report business cards to your personal credit report so they shouldn't add to your 5/24. Amex is supposed to be among the most lenient about who they approve for a business card. However, keep in mind that Amex usually has once in a lifetime language attached to their signup bonuses, so you'll want to not waste an opportunity and be sure you are getting the highest or close to the highest offer when applying.

Anyway, a number of us have applied and been approved for the CIP, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Called the Auto Status Line from the flow chart and she has been approved. Thanks, this thread knows everything.

EDIT: It's not showing up online yet; but I hope it will link to her existing Chase account so we can easily move URs around.

Congrats! My CIP did not automatically show up on my personal account because Chase doesn't combine biz cards with personal cards. You will have to set up that account. I think you can contact Chase and have them combine your biz and personal profiles if you like. I kept mine separate and still move points to my personal cards.

Called the Auto Status Line from the flow chart and she has been approved. Thanks, this thread knows everything.

EDIT: It's not showing up online yet; but I hope it will link to her existing Chase account so we can easily move URs around.

Congratulations! If you're eager to get started, you can call CIP's customer service line at 800-945-2028 to request they expedite the card.

Got the 30 day message and called immediately. They had just needed to verify some info and approved the application with a $30,000 limit :eek: I didn't even have to argue my case.
is it better to call on the 30 day message than to wait? my DH got it..... but I hate having him call since he hates calling lol and I'll bet it's reallocating too

Is there a cost to expedite? My CSR came next day without having to ask. My CSP was approved over a week ago and has yet to arrive.

Over 5/24 and I've moved onto other cards but decided to roll the dice with the Disney Premier. I figured I have 2 Disney trips coming up so maybe now is the time for to hit the bonus... and I got the 30 day message. Not worried on this one so I'll let it sit and see what they send me in the mail, maybe they need to shuffle credit lines around.

what is the auto line again to check on apps? I can't find it using search....

I recently got the Chase Marriott card and should get the bonus points here soon. Signed my DH for the Amex SPG Business. Is there a way to combine the points on both of these in to one account?

THANK YOU:flower1: update- it said 7-10 days on auto call..... ughhh I guess it's an over reach lol well that's ok....

Was this for a business or personal card? I can't keep up. :laughing:
If business, I would wait for the denial letter to see why they rejected you and then call recon. If it's personal, I'd probably call recon now to see if there was anything they could do.

Was this for a business or personal card? I can't keep up. :laughing:
If business, I would wait for the denial letter to see why they rejected you and then call recon. If it's personal, I'd probably call recon now to see if there was anything they could do.
personal, I don't mess with business cards..... hmmm I'll see if I can convince DH to make the call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts