I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the upromise card too. I use it every once in awhile just to keep it open. I’ve had it forever (I think it started as something else and got changed to this one?) I think I got it in 2004 when DD was born and it was easier to earn mone through unpromise.

I saw that on Chase UR and Disney on Miles to Memories this morning. It isn’t even a complete article; disappointing that DoC should report on that non article without investigating. My thought on the initial article was that “great now Chase realizes tickets still on there they will take that away too!” Do your own investigation bloggers!!!

Last edited:

I am considering applying for the barclay arrival. Amex seems to hate me and I have hit Chase hard the last year and a half.
Is the arrival pretty easy to redeem points? I have no travel plans set yet but will probably plan something in 2020.

Oh, my gosh. I hope someone will take pity on me and help me figure this out. I’ve redeemed URs for flights before, but never for hotels.

First, with chase and Marriott, can I use my points to book a hotel for someone else? (Daughter. Same last name.) if not, I guess I can go check in and give them the key.

So, here’s the situation. Looking to book a hotel December 24 for my daughter and her boyfriend. There’s a category 3 Courtyard in the next town over about 10minutes away. I have a free night certificate I can use, or it’s 17500 Marriott points. Cash price through AAA would be $125. Or, I can book using 8600 UR points. Which would you do?

My fear is not being able to use my free night certificate elsewhere next year. Category 4s will be either 20000 or 30000, I think, and I’m pretty sure the certificate is for 25000 points or less. We had been hoping to use the certificate for a category 4 in lower Manhattan sometime in the coming year, but I don’t know when peak/vs nonpeak will be. I suppose we will end up going several times in the next year, though, so we might hit off peak.

And here’s another monkey wrench. There’s a Comfort Inn in our town that’s a little more basic for only 5940 URs; cash price $89. I’m leaning more towards the Courtyard, though. So, Marriott points, Marriott certificate, or URs?

Oh, and my Marriott points posted from the game. I remember winning 500 and 1000 once, but don’t remember winning 2000. I saved all my winning emails, so I can check later, but yay!

View attachment 370017 I’m already 20 pages behind and won’t be catching up for another week, but wanted to say “see ya real soon” from the Disney Fantasy, to my dischurners friends, who helped me make this trip possible. Xoxo

Great pic! Have a wonderful trip!

I love this sentiment. For me, the most amazing place I've been to so far is Santorini, Greece. I'll have to see how Bora Bora stacks up when I finally get there.

Which got me thinking - what is everyone else's most amazing place? Even better if you got there on points. :)

Ack I can't decide. Australia/New Zeland? Norway & Iceland? I can't decide.

LOL - I call 6-7 cards a year Slow Churning. This year we only got 5 - wish it was 6...THANKS AMEX :badpc: (as opposed to 13, 29 and 14 in the 3 years prior).

And here I thought we hit it too hard with the 8 cards between the 2 of us. Plans are to scale back next year.

Thank you! Thank you! Now I have something fun to read during this gray, cold day. I'm usually good with the online searches, but all I found was the intro post without all the details. Thanks again!

Ack I can't decide. Australia/New Zeland? Norway & Iceland? I can't decide

Totally jealous of both of your responses so now regret the links. JK! JK!

Thank you! Thank you! Now I have something fun to read during this gray, cold day. I'm usually good with the online searches, but all I found was the intro post without all the details. Thanks again!

My pleasure! Those both have some nice scenery to dream about on this December day:sunny:

Oh, my gosh. I hope someone will take pity on me and help me figure this out. I’ve redeemed URs for flights before, but never for hotels.

First, with chase and Marriott, can I use my points to book a hotel for someone else? (Daughter. Same last name.) if not, I guess I can go check in and give them the key.

So, here’s the situation. Looking to book a hotel December 24 for my daughter and her boyfriend. There’s a category 3 Courtyard in the next town over about 10minutes away. I have a free night certificate I can use, or it’s 17500 Marriott points. Cash price through AAA would be $125. Or, I can book using 8600 UR points. Which would you do?

My fear is not being able to use my free night certificate elsewhere next year. Category 4s will be either 20000 or 30000, I think, and I’m pretty sure the certificate is for 25000 points or less. We had been hoping to use the certificate for a category 4 in lower Manhattan sometime in the coming year, but I don’t know when peak/vs nonpeak will be. I suppose we will end up going several times in the next year, though, so we might hit off peak.

And here’s another monkey wrench. There’s a Comfort Inn in our town that’s a little more basic for only 5940 URs; cash price $89. I’m leaning more towards the Courtyard, though. So, Marriott points, Marriott certificate, or URs?

Oh, and my Marriott points posted from the game. I remember winning 500 and 1000 once, but don’t remember winning 2000. I saved all my winning emails, so I can check later, but yay!

I'm sure there are "mathy" types who can analyze this for you but I'd probably just use the free certificate for the Courtyard. I'm all about URs and even Marriott points for airline partners so that's my bias. Also, hate the idea of not using (forgetting in the future) the certificate-Marriott gets enough of my money!

Congrats on your points posting, I'm thinking mine never will and I had at least 3000. C'est la vie!

Totally jealous of both of your responses so now regret the links. JK! JK!
My pleasure! Those both have some nice scenery to dream about on this December day:sunny:

:rotfl2: Sorry. If it helps the trips were many, many years apart. Of course that also means I didn't have to pay anything for that first one since I was still a student and was traveling with my parents.

Great articles, although the conclusion is to still try out the Four Seasons there, which has been an aspirational dream for around 10 years, but I can't pay for that one on points.

Wondering if anyone knows what's going on here... I just called Hilton to use our reward night certificates from our Aspire cards and the woman told me that it was completely booked up. When I said that I saw availability online, she said that there were only rooms available to pay with cash. When I hung up with her, I rechecked the website, searching for pay with points, and standard room rewards were available! Now I'm worried that these certificates are going to be really hard to use.

This question is for the JetBlue people. We want to fly Mint from Seattle to Boston. I have 87,000 points. It costs 112,000 points. Can I use all my points and pay the difference in cash (or credit card)?

Somebody commented on my r/churning post that you can book Disney hotels with AA miles at 1cpp. I checked that out and it is true - not something I ever realized before. Has anybody ever done that?
I’m on a search tonight to see what all points can be used for Disney hotels. It looks like SW and Delta can but neither appear to be a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter