I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a dummy booking offer for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum. It offers 40,000 Miles after $2k in purchases PLUS a $250 statement credit on AA purchases in the first year. Seems like you could use the statement credit to buy an AA card and sell it on Raise. Is that viable? (I think this is a record for questions from me, lol)

I have sold with CardCash. You can match 40,000 to 60,000 but idk how that’s working with the SM feature gone.

I have sold with CardCash. You can match 40,000 to 60,000 but idk how that’s working with the SM feature gone.
I may have found my next card. Sorry I'm full of questions but I'll ask some more...lol

- What denomination of AA gift cards did you buy to trigger the credit?
- How much can you make on CardCash?

EDIT: Ok - stopped being lazy and researched CardCash - seems like you get 81.5% (or $203.75 on $250 so not a terrible deal). That means you get 10% back on your $2,000 spend before you even account for the 40k miles (or 60k if matched)

EDIT2: Ok - more research - multiple DPs on reddit about buying 1x $200 AA eGift card and the $200 credit being triggered. Can't find any DPs on the $250 stmt credit, but seems safe to assume it would work the same way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I should acknowledge that with no viable use for AA miles (due to not traveling internationally AND having SW RR's out the wazoo) that a hotel use at 1cpp would be great for me (but possible not for everybody ;))

**Oh and should add it seems that you can get matched to 60k miles somehow, but I haven't exactly researched those comments enough yet

Yes, I don't think it's a bad redemption. At first I thought it was a lot of points for a $1500 stay, but realize that some people don't want to fly and also it's not super easy to get those saver fares anyway, so this is looking better and better. I'm sitting on almost that many miles ATM and wasn't able to use them last summer (which was annoying).

Yes, I don't think it's a bad redemption. At first I thought it was a lot of points for a $1500 stay, but realize that some people don't want to fly and also it's not super easy to get those saver fares anyway, so this is looking better and better. I'm sitting on almost that many miles ATM and wasn't able to use them last summer (which was annoying).
Well I am somewhat tempted now...
I could apply for 50k Barclay AA biz - pay $95 for 50k AA miles. AND apply for Citi AA biz dummy booking offer, get 40k AA miles + 2k AA miles for base spend + 500 AA miles for buying a $250 GC that gets reimbursed. Try to match to 60k...get $203.75 for selling the AA Gift card. I also already have 10,373 AA miles currently...

If all went well, end result would be $108.75 NET cash (after paying the 1 AF) + 102,873 AA miles which would be good for over $1k towards a Disney hotel. Hmmmmmm...:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

I may have found my next card. Sorry I'm full of questions but I'll ask some more...lol

- What denomination of AA gift cards did you buy to trigger the credit?
- How much can you make on CardCash?

EDIT: Ok - stopped being lazy and researched CardCash - seems like you get 81.5% (or $203.75 on $250 so not a terrible deal). That means you get 10% back on your $2,000 spend before you even account for the 40k miles (or 60k if matched)

EDIT2: Ok - more research - multiple DPs on reddit about buying 1x $200 AA eGift card and the $200 credit being triggered. Can't find any DPs on the $250 stmt credit, but seems safe to assume it would work the same way.

Yeah my offer was a $200 credit and I did one $200 card. I also trade in for amazon giftcards and I’m getting like $85.60 for a $100 or something. Probably would be better to take the cash and buy discounted amazon giftcards but it’s easy and I get the amazon code a day later.

I wish MRs transferred to American. That would make the AA thing a bigger deal in my mind...

I see Grand Floridian on Amex Travel - could be a way to use your MRs at 0.6cpp, so not great but since you've been thinking about what to do with your MRs and Amex in general, I'm throwing it out there as a thought.

Also, indirectly, you could MR -> Marriott -> AA but the conversion works to be a lousy 60K MRs -> 25K AA. Technically possible but not worth it.

Last edited:
Disneyland lol I haven’t really travelled much yet only been to three countries but I hope to explore more soon. I want to go everywhere lol

I want to go everywhere too! WDW was my gateway drug. Went a couple times in college/grad school and got bit hard by the travel bug.

Venice or Florence. I can't decide!

Went to Venice years ago for a day while on a not-so-great budget group tour. I've wanted to go back ever since. Italy is high on the list for our next international trip with the kids after this summer's Iceland/Scotland trip.

Australia! It was our honeymoon 18 years ago. Although Slovenia was pretty amazing also. Got there free to present my graduate paper at an international conference. So I think even better than getting on points. Plus DH and I got to go to Paris on the front and back ends since it was cheaper to fly there and take a European flight to Slovenia.

Ack I can't decide. Australia/New Zeland? Norway & Iceland? I can't decide.

Glad to see Iceland mentioned! Really looking forward to our trip. Australia's on my list too. Could even use our Wyndham timeshare. Too many places, too little time!

In Europe? Florence -- without a doubt!

Of all the places we've visited: Sabi Sands, South Africa. Simply magical!

I googled Sabi Sands. #lifegoals :)

I need some help figuring out the best way to use points and miles to get 2 people round trip to Russia in late March, early April. I have the following available:
120k in amex MR points in DH's account, 212k in mine. 90k miles in dh's united account. 250k Marriott points. I'd prefer to fly out of Washington DC. This is so confusing.

2019 plans...
  • Disney World, Captiva, Nov TBD Orlando Trip, and one or 2 other trips (maybe a Williamsburg/Va Beach week)
  • Continue to slowly hammer Chase - looking at CIC (wife), CIP (me), CSR/CSP with a modified DD (me), CIU (me), SW Biz (wife), CIC (me)
  • Finally come to grips with the fact that Disney hotels aren't coming back and cash out $6k+ worth of URs
  • Continue to be angry at AMEX (lol)
2019 Trips
WDW-February/March-Staying at the Grand Floridian for a few nights.
April-NYC to see Hamilton and Las Vegas to see Valley of Fire, Bryce National Park and Zion National Park.
June- Three nights in Toronto and 2 days in Niagara Falls Ont and Niagara on the Lake.
August- 4 nights in Montreal and a night in Quebec City.

2020 trip in the works-Rome Italy and Florence or Venice!

It sounds like you are making good use of that new mixer! I don't have any attachments although there are family members who want the ice cream bowl and paddle. ;)
We also have family members who would like that ha! It has been great so far! We got it out to try once, wanting to make sure it didnt get bashed around in shipping... and its lived on the counter ever since. Hope MIL isn't too upset :blush: the food processor attachment has been awesome too and it can handle a double batch of the nestle toll house cookie recipe unlike MILs classic. It will also get a good workout on Christmas cookies coming up!
Doctor of credit reported packages. I’m searching but haven’t confirmed. I was too excited to share before searching.
I guess my bright side is I got the push notification saying packages and then I clicked and the site said tickets so I thought I was crazy. I got so excited :(

Target has a deal today. Buy 2 $25 Happy cards, get a free $5 Target card. Itunes cards are buy one, get one 20% off. Sorry if posted I haven't read backward yet.
It looked like they only had the restaurant happy cards. I’m heading there shortly so I’ll check.

So there's a dummy booking offer for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum. It offers 40,000 Miles after $2k in purchases PLUS a $250 statement credit on AA purchases in the first year. Seems like you could use the statement credit to buy an AA card and sell it on Raise. Is that viable? (I think this is a record for questions from me, lol)

Why would you want this offer versus the 70,000 miles for 4k spend? Are you trying to avoid spend or you want to make the cash with the giftcard sale? If I was trying to use for a 1cpp redemption for Disney I'd prefer more points to play with I think.

I've been looking at this Citi Biz 70k deal for weeks now. I hate MSR over 3k but it's been calling me...

Why would you want this offer versus the 70,000 miles for 4k spend? Are you trying to avoid spend or you want to make the cash with the giftcard sale? If I was trying to use for a 1cpp redemption for Disney I'd prefer more points to play with I think.

I've been looking at this Citi Biz 70k deal for weeks now. I hate MSR over 3k but it's been calling me...
Supposedly getting a match to 60k is really easy so you could get 60k for $2k spend. Now with Citi removing the SM feature I’m looking for DPs to see if you can easily get a match by calling in.

Yes, you will be able to apply the bonus to a purchase you made before earning the bonus. We just did it on dh's Arrival (put it towards WDW tickets!). I believe you have 90 days from when you made the charge.

So how does this work logistically? My DH just received his Arrival plus in the mail yesterday and I've been wondering about this. If you use the card for a dvc rental for example, and pay now, then meet the MSR and get the bonus 2 months later, will you just end up with a credit on your account? The monthly bill would have already been due and paid previously.

Man... this thread moves too fast for me.

Goals for 2019?

Hyatt card for P2 or me, but I'd rather have it in his acct because he already has points, etc.
CSP for me, referred by P2

There are DPs of being able to put two cards under the same Hyatt account number and actually getting 10 stay credits posting- 5 per card.

Not sure what happens if you get caught, likely just forcing you to open your own acct. But that’d be a risk/reward situation.

Note: this works with Hilton too, but not Marriott/SPG as they confirm names.

There’s still a back door method to get SM and it works with both matches and cancelling of cards.
Click on “Services” then “Credit Card Services” then “Request a credit limit increase” then “Request your Card agreement” and SM away.

I cancelled a card a couple days ago and matched maybe a week ago. Didn’t get a response on the cancellation but did on the match; however, the cancellation cancelled in about 10 hrs.

There’s still a back door method to get SM and it works with both matches and cancelling of cards.
Click on “Services” then “Credit Card Services” then “Request a credit limit increase” then “Request your Card agreement” and SM away.

I cancelled a card a couple days ago and matched maybe a week ago. Didn’t get a response on the cancellation but did on the match; however, the cancellation cancelled in about 10 hrs.

Thank you!

So how does this work logistically? My DH just received his Arrival plus in the mail yesterday and I've been wondering about this. If you use the card for a dvc rental for example, and pay now, then meet the MSR and get the bonus 2 months later, will you just end up with a credit on your account? The monthly bill would have already been due and paid previously.

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure because I purposely didn't pay off the charge that we were going to use the credit for, but my guess is that yes, you would probably have a credit if you had paid it off.

2019 goals:
1. SW personal card to get the CP.
2. On anniversaries cancel cards I don't need - CIP, Hilton Biz, Barclays
3. New signups - probably CIU for DH. Not sure I can convince DH of any personal cards.
4. For me, look at Chase since at 2/24 and grab anything I need before moving to Hilton personals and SPG personal.
5. No MR cards for me yet so will look at an AMEX biz card.

Travel goals
May trip to Colorado Springs. Already booked with Marriott N&F cert and RR points on SW.
July trip to Seattle. Trying to book as much with points - will have 2 free certs (1 IHG and 1 Marriott). Flights on SW on points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter