I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres been reports that walmart is raising online prices to get people into the stores... :\
I absolutely hate shopping at walmart. every time i go, ive always have to wait at least 20 mins to get to the register.

My mom told me that she heard WM would be raising prices to get people in the store...which is confusing cause last I heard, they were going all out to compete with Amazon...

I've never ordered for curbside pickup, but I have ordered multiple times for the free 2 day shipping. I've noticed that everything I have ordered in the past is now at least 10% higher online than it was in the store. Just when I was getting used to the convenience of having a lot of my non-perishables delivered to my door...

Can someone explain how to use the google express offer from American Express - is this a shopping portal?

I'm obviously missing something -- what is the benefit/loophole if the numbers are the same?

I've been trying to think what the loophole is also.

And yep, our Freedom cards (dh cardholder/me AU) have the same everything. All the charges show up on his account. I don't even see the Freedom card in my Chase account.

I've been trying to think what the loophole is also.

And yep, our Freedom cards (dh cardholder/me AU) have the same everything. All the charges show up on his account. I don't even see the Freedom card in my Chase account.

Just guessing on the loophole, but thinking people cancel the AU, ask credit agencies to remove from the AU's report, but they can still use the AU card with their name on it.

Just guessing on the loophole, but thinking people cancel the AU, ask credit agencies to remove from the AU's report, but they can still use the AU card with their name on it.

Oh I see. That is a huge hassle and no guarantee the credit agencies will remove it.

Can someone explain how to use the google express offer from American Express - is this a shopping portal?
You just go to google express and find something that costs $50 and order it. Pay using your Amex card with the offer. I used mine to buy mini wifi plugs (one set from target and one set from Home Depot). You can search at the top for items and it shows which stores those items are available from. You may also be able to apply coupons.

Arrgh! I keep forgetting to go through Chase when shopping at Walmart. I've spent about $300 in the last week online with them. I even forgot to use my Freedom once :scared1:
you mean online orders?

Yes, if you go through the Chase portal, you earn another 2x UR points. I keep forgetting b/c I'm not used to shopping through Chase.
ahhhhhh I totally forgot about this one!!! do you know how long the offer is for?

Oh I see. That is a huge hassle and no guarantee the credit agencies will remove it.

I'm curious how far it goes, ie CSR.

curious....what are you referring to?

I was planning to buy something, both were at the same price on Amazon and Walmart. I was trying to see which would be a better route when it comes to points. Amazon will give me 5x UR and 3x JetBlue. Walmart would give me 7x UR points. that's what I was thinking at the time. ended up getting the 7x UR as I think it's more value to me.

ahhhhhh I totally forgot about this one!!! do you know how long the offer is for?

2x walmart offer is always there.

I am at 5/24 so I have to put off getting any additional Chase products for now....

Seriously considering AAdvantage Barclay. I have a question I am pretty sure I know the answer to before I jump on it:

I will be able to use the points earned to book flights for my (college) children flying alone without me - right? The cc and the points will be in my name. I see on the terms of the card that some of the benefits (first checked bag) only apply to the primary card holder. I need to make sure I don't have to have a flight in order to book theirs.
Not sure if anyone answered but I don't think your kids would get the free bag. It is for the cardholder and someone flying with them on the same booking. If you both flew but booked tickets separately, your kid wouldn't get the free bag. AFAIK this is the same whether using Citi or Barclay AA card.

honestly, the next card should be dependent on what your going for. Dont be like me and collect with no idea what to do with it at the end... :P I have 2 SPG cards that ive been wanting to do some mattress runs with. They arent too great in LA imo... unless u have an actual plan. which hotel were u looking at for LA?

your username does not exist on reddit. :\

I actually have a solid plan now. I want to fly to LA in August from EWR, on United (flies direct, not that I love the airline). I want to stay at Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica, which is a Starwood hotel. We'll be there for 6 nights, then off to DLR to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights, then back to EWR.

My username on reddit is redmelly86 . I just signed up!

5x UR +3x Jetblue - Amazon
5x UR + 2x shop through chase - Walmart.

ended up doing the walmart route haha.

Idk...I'm almost done with going off the Chase portal because 3 orders I did and they are saying I only did it off of one. And for the one they are acknowledging I did they aren't even giving me the right number of points...

I think I'm going to put their cards away until I'm 4/24 and see what I decide then...whether Sapphire or just some other...okay rant over...

I actually have a solid plan now. I want to fly to LA in August from EWR, on United (flies direct, not that I love the airline). I want to stay at Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica, which is a Starwood hotel. We'll be there for 6 nights, then off to DLR to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights, then back to EWR.

My username on reddit is redmelly86 . I just signed up!

ahh okay, SPG does have some pretty great deals with cash though. You can probably use that. Currently, i have the $60 off $300 SPG stay + 2500 for first stay, 5000 for 2nd stay promo, and the usual 4x. :]

i have added you to reddit group.

Idk...I'm almost done with going off the Chase portal because 3 orders I did and they are saying I only did it off of one. And for the one they are acknowledging I did they aren't even giving me the right number of points...

I think I'm going to put their cards away until I'm 4/24 and see what I decide then...whether Sapphire or just some other...okay rant over...

heh, i know what you mean... but i havent gotten a single point yet for JetBlue... haha. i should be getting a small bit in 4 days when the 30 days lapses...

heh, i know what you mean... but i havent gotten a single point yet for JetBlue... haha. i should be getting a small bit in 4 days when the 30 days lapses...[/QUOTE]

That's another one...what's with these 30 day waits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter