I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, was putting in all 6 of us. I'll look at the Camelot and Castle Inn. Thanks :)
I think that's it right there.... I've never successfully gotten a reward room to show with 6 listed.... try two instead and see what happens

DLR peeps...Is the Hyatt House really the only walkable Hyatt? We will most likely be pushing our oldest in a wheelchair so the distance becomes an issue there more than anything. And getting an uber that can accommodate 6 people plus a wheelchair is hard. The Hyatt House comes up for individual days at 12k but it's a king room with a sofa bed. We'd need two of those. The Hyatt Place has a 2-queen room with a sofa bed which would fit us all (snugly!) for 12k but that looks further and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the distance.
I've read that the Toy Story parking lot is across from the Hyatt Place and you can just walk across the street and catch the Disney shuttle.

DH also got instant approval for the new Amex Hilton Aspire and paid the other half of the dues to make the spend. So the annual DVC maintenance dues are paid. The Adventures by Disney China trip is paid in full. We have our APs, the Disney Cruise we are doing Superbowl weekend is paid. The spend on the new Alaska Air cards are done. I've maxed out the Freedom 5x and the 10x on the Best Buy Chase pay for the Freedom, CSR and CFU. I'm sitting here with no bonus spend to make on a new card and no bonus categories to try and max out and nothing to pay off. I don't think I've ever felt this lost and confused :confused: For the first time in years I have no immediate plans for a specific new card or cards and am stuck in limbo. I'm torn between hitting some cash back cards to hopefully wipe out hotel charges for Tokyo Disney part of the trip this June or ramping up more airline miles. If the flights for Antarctica wipe out a good chunk of my AA miles I will need to rebuild those. If Adventures by Disney announces Japan in May, I need miles in place for that. Ugh decisions, decisions.

DLR peeps...Is the Hyatt House really the only walkable Hyatt? We will most likely be pushing our oldest in a wheelchair so the distance becomes an issue there more than anything. And getting an uber that can accommodate 6 people plus a wheelchair is hard. The Hyatt House comes up for individual days at 12k but it's a king room with a sofa bed. We'd need two of those. The Hyatt Place has a 2-queen room with a sofa bed which would fit us all (snugly!) for 12k but that looks further and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the distance.

The Hyatt place is further down south on Harbor and based on what some over on the DLR threads have said, they are of the opinion that Hyatt House (which is 0.7 miles to the entrance supposedly), is already "not a comfortable walk", but that's subjective, and since we are just two adults, we don't find that distance to be an issue for us personally. With that being said, Hyatt place being further down from Hyatt House, that may add to what could be an uncomfortable distance for your family.

This is the wiki map I found over on that section of the boards that may be helpful:

http://wikimapia.org/m/#lat=33.8012629&lon=-117.9180843&z=18&l=0&m=b

As @Lain mentioned, perhaps the shuttle at the Toy Story lot is the most convenient option if you don't find the Castle/Camelot options suitable. Hyatt House appears to be close if not right next to the lot, with Hyatt Place perhaps a 5min walk to the lot as Lain said. If only dates weren't that close, I'd report back after we are there in June!

I think that's it right there.... I've never successfully gotten a reward room to show with 6 listed.... try two instead and see what happens

@wendow, I can confirm this. I was able to book at the Hyatt House with award nights showing up for our entire stay 6/21-6/25. I was only booking for 2, so it seems consistent with what others have said. Not sure if it's possible to book for 2 (or however many number you can try to get the aware nights to show), and perhaps call and see what they can do for you? But as of last night, and I think our dates are close near the end of June, I was showing and able to book 4 nights for 12K each.

Last edited:
Calypso...That is truly the definition of first world problems! I hope your find your way:rotfl2:

On another note, how have people's BB bonus points been posting? I checked my CSR this morning and only got 300 points for my Chase Pay purchase. My Freedom purchase posted fine for the $300 dollar limit (not $400). I sent a SM. I'm wondering if they are realizing the gift card purchases.

wow.....so you're saying that trying again and again got the list to repopulate? I've never experienced that.... it pretty much just had some on the list,and others, it just didn't.
....OH BTW thank you for the previous advice ya'll!:thumbsup2 I was asking about how to get the BB rewards....I have used Chasepay so I'm good with the ins and outs of that one- I got my answer-thru the phone number!
Yep. Could drive a person crazy, so if there's a hotel you want search Expedia and if Expedia has it Chase UR will you just have to keep running the search, try a nearby city, different browsers, clear cache, it will eventually come up.

...On another note, how have people's BB bonus points been posting? I checked my CSR this morning and only got 300 points for my Chase Pay purchase. My Freedom purchase posted fine for the $300 dollar limit (not $400). I sent a SM. I'm wondering if they are realizing the gift card purchases.
Are gift cards excluded in the fine print?

I see a fraudulent charge on my Marriott card, yay.

Booking Disneyland offsite hotels with UR: Just booked for 1 night before moving onsite for our Disneyland trip with URs on Chase portal. That thing is being- is being- is being----- gah!!! There are not appropriate words to describe how ENTIRELY screwed up their online booking system is!

I have to join in on this. I was really disappointed when they took away the option to look for hotels near a landmark. And why, if I'm searching Anaheim, am I getting hotels in Ontario, Riverside, and Irvine???? :badpc:

Ok so now that I’ve caught up on the 100s of posts I’ve missed over the last few months.

Wanted to post that my CSP bonus posted the beg of this month. Met the spend on the first billing cycle but the bonus didn’t post. The CSR posted on the first bill.

So thanks for the info on applying for both. Was worried that I wouldn’t get the bonus for the CSP.

Also finally got around to joining reddit. I posted over there since I was still working on catching up here.

I know some of you do international travel do asking for recommendations

Family of 5 trying to go visit family that’s stationed in Gibraltar

Can fly out of BWI, DCA, Dulles (prefer BWI or DCA)
Need to get to GIB

I’d like to get there as cheap as possible using points. Have RR points and UR points currently.

Open to suggestions on the best way yo get there. Open to best time to Ho as well since not sure if certain times are cheaper.

Ok so now that I’ve caught up on the 100s of posts I’ve missed over the last few months.

Wanted to post that my CSP bonus posted the beg of this month. Met the spend on the first billing cycle but the bonus didn’t post. The CSR posted on the first bill.

So thanks for the info on applying for both. Was worried that I wouldn’t get the bonus for the CSP.
That's great news.

No, I have IHG and UR. I was considering the Hotel Indigo also using IHG points but no rewards nights are coming up for my dates there either.

I do need to consider the fact that we will have the wheelchair. I had to push it down a busy road in Orlando going from urgent care to a Walgreens this past Sept when we were at WDW. And it was NOT fun trying to push down the sidewalk, crossing roads, going over curbs, etc. This is somewhat new for us so I forget about that when thinking about walking. The less walking, the better I think.
That does change the calculation. Say no to Hyatt Place then. Blocks are long in Anaheim & sidewalks busy & traffic is busy. I remember those people walking & they looked miserable on return (we stayed Hyatt Place doing things other than Disneyland). You would kick yourself every time you walked past Hyatt House and still had 10 mins to go.

I agree with those that say Hyatt House is pushing the bounds of walk-ability but in general it'll work fine when your crew is refreshed & toy story shuttle when they aren't. With the wheelchair I would stay Hyatt House & utilize the Toy Story shuttle but first I'd ask on the DLR board if anyone has experience with wheelchairs or ECVs on the shuttles to make sure there is nothing about that aspect that we are missing.

We did one night in the 6 person room at Castle Inn & Suites. It was fine for a decent motel for us all to sleep last minute when we extended a trip, but with Hyatt House being just a couple mins away I'd take that in a heartbeat if it was an option. Much nicer accommodations, motel vs hotel basically. Also, Hyatt House is closer to Toy Story lot which I think saves you from crossing any streets but ask others to make sure.

We're pretty nice over on the DL board don't be afraid to pop in if you've got other trip q's or specific q's about off-site hotels we don't know the answer to here :)

ETA: map shows Toy Story lot is about halfway between the Hyatts. No street to cross with Hyatt House but you do have to walk like 5 mins the wrong direction. New conclusion: HH gives you the option of walking or shuttling. HP you'll want to shuttle- doesn't look like a bad option actually now that I've got a map up!

Last edited:
DISchurners SURVEY UPDATE
If you haven't taken it yet: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F3HVYDH Have at it! Hopefully you enjoy a trip down memory lane with all of your cards!

I'm going to leave the survey open until Tuesday next week then post the results. However, in the meantime how about a fun little challenge:

So far there is a clear TOP card and 3 cards tied for second... Any Guesses on what those cards are? I'll give the answer tomorrow after people have a chance to post their guesses!
So lots of good guesses...

• The TOP card out of 78 responses thus far is the CHASE DISNEY REWARDS (no annual fee). 80% of respondents have or previously had that card (52 out of 78)!!
  • Second place is currently a TIE between the CHASE SOUTHWEST PREMIER and the CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED.
  • A close 4th is the CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE.
  • EXCLUDING Discover, the top 8 cards are all CHASE cards.
The survey will stay open until Tuesday and then I'll post comprehensive results. Thanks to all who took the time to answer so far.

For those who have purchased DL tickets via LMTclub, it seems the savings is in the 8-9% ballpark if my math is correct. Since LMT codes as travel for the CSR (so 3x on top of that) and assuming the travel credit is not in play, is there any reason to not use the Disney GCs I've acquired in the 12-17% off context to purchase DL tickets from Disney direct over paying for them using LMT/CSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter