I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have purchased DL tickets via LMTclub, it seems the savings is in the 8-9% ballpark if my math is correct. Since LMT codes as travel for the CSR (so 3x on top of that) and assuming the travel credit is not in play, is there any reason to not use the Disney GCs I've acquired in the 12-17% off context to purchase DL tickets from Disney direct over paying for them using LMT/CSR?

I'm buying 4 of my tickets from LMT but I have a CSR travel credit and over $700 in travel dollars on my Barclay Arrival+. After that, I will buy the other tickets from another source...either from Disney with discounted GC's or my Kroger chain sells DLR tix. Between using my Amex BCP and fuel points when they are 4x, I can save about 20%.

On this note, I could only find 10 of the 18 hotels I had written down.

Since I'm stuck at work today, and a major piece of equipment is down so it's awfully slow, I'm looking through the UR portal and comparing rates at all the hotels closer than Alpine Inn for my DLR dates...

On this note, I could only find 10 of the 18 hotels I had written down.

There are definitely less hotels showing up on UR for DL than there was when I looked before. BUT we moved our dates from mid May to end June/early July. I'm wondering if that is why.

On gift of college cards—I’m finding they take a long time to post. I redeemed one last Saturday and it still hasn’t hit dd’s 529. The confirmation email says to allow 14 days. Also I seem to have problems logging in. Not a huge deal, but a bit irritating.

It takes the full 2 weeks for mine to show up.

Last edited:
I also only received 1x on my Chase Pay BB purchase. I was targeted, so I sent an SM. I trust they will credit the points eventually . . .

Will you use the Disney gift cards for something else? Can you acquire more gift cards at that discount to cover those costs? If so use Disney gift cards to buy tickets, if not LMT.

I originally acquired the GCs for our DL trip in terms of tickets and park spending (food, purchases, add-ons if any). If the tickets are not part of the equation, not sure what a bulk of the funds would be reallocated to lol. That was also part of the reason I considered using the GCs. I know I could save the funds for future WDW trips, but not sure I want to hang on to GCs for that long unused in this day and age and just human error. I think it's possible to acquire more GCs close to that discount over time, but at least at a minimum of 10-15% that I'm pegging the LMT/CSR return at. Think I've talked myself into a decision, but will wait till tomorrow to give it some more thought. So thanks! Wanted to check here in case I was missing something.

I'm buying 4 of my tickets from LMT but I have a CSR travel credit and over $700 in travel dollars on my Barclay Arrival+. After that, I will buy the other tickets from another source...either from Disney with discounted GC's or my Kroger chain sells DLR tix. Between using my Amex BCP and fuel points when they are 4x, I can save about 20%.

I think the travel credits definitely make the difference. And it's more flexible which is why if that was in play, I think I rather defer that to other travel items that I can't apply discounted GCs to. If only we had Krogers in the midatlantic!

Last edited:

I think the travel credits definitely make the difference in terms. And it's more flexible which is why if that was in play, I think I rather defer that to other travel items that I can't apply discounted GCs to. If only we had Krogers in the midatlantic!

I don't have anything else to use the travel credits on. If I did, I might defer them also. I am hoping to cover the rooms with points, we are driving but I'd have plenty of points to cover flights if we were flying, won't need a rental car...I'm just not sure where else to use them. So, DLR tickets it is :)

Another interesting tidbit of info for those that MS. We've been having increasing difficulty liquidating our Visa gift cards at Walmart via money order over the last few months. Employees have been checking cards to verify names. Still, we've always been able to try again and eventually liquidate. Until last night! DH tried to get a MO at Walmart and was told that their systems have been coded to not accept gift cards. The employee was open to him trying to swipe, but sure enough, the system didn't accept it. BOO!!!

Has anyone had success getting a money order at Kroger with a Visa gc?

There are definitely less hotels showing up on UR for DL than there was when I looked before. BUT we moved our dates from mid May to end June/early July. I'm wondering if that is why.
It's just so weird. I haven't changed our dates as we're going to be out there for a wedding. I'm looking at the beginning of April, the 7th-10th. I know Easter is the 1st, so I'm sure it's busy through our weekend anyways. I looked on Expedia just now and can see 6 of the 10 that aren't showing up on UR. :confused3

It's just so weird. I haven't changed our dates as we're going to be out there for a wedding. I'm looking at the beginning of April, the 7th-10th. I know Easter is the 1st, so I'm sure it's busy through our weekend anyways. I looked on Expedia just now and can see 6 of the 10 that aren't showing up on UR. :confused3

That is weird. And you have searched by the name of the hotel and not just the area? I know I'm seeing less and even when I search by name, they are not coming up. Haven't looked on Expedia.

That is weird. And you have searched by the name of the hotel and not just the area? I know I'm seeing less and even when I search by name, they are not coming up. Haven't looked on Expedia.
Yeah, I searched by name since I knew which ones I wanted to compare. I even changed it to Garden Grove (like @gottalovepluto) and LA instead of Anaheim for the area. I don't know if that did any good because they still didn't come up, but I figured it couldn't hurt if when I put in Anaheim I got Ontario and Irvine...

I wanted to update everyone on my Chase Freedom Best Buy experience. I had time on Tuesday to head to BB after reading about the promotion on DOC and here. On Wednesday, I got an email from Chase about the promotion...but only up to $300 purchase :( I can confirm this morning that I got a total of 3500 points on my $400 purchase( Disney Gift Card). Bummed that I didn't get the full offer.

On another note, how have people's BB bonus points been posting? I checked my CSR this morning and only got 300 points for my Chase Pay purchase. My Freedom purchase posted fine for the $300 dollar limit (not $400). I sent a SM. I'm wondering if they are realizing the gift card purchases.

Might be worth SMing or even calling Chase to ask they honor the original terms for $400:

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/7rplkm/comment/dsyonj6?st=JCNVGPJ3&sh=88641515

Yeah, I searched by name since I knew which ones I wanted to compare. I even changed it to Garden Grove (like @gottalovepluto) and LA instead of Anaheim for the area. I don't know if that did any good because they still didn't come up, but I figured it couldn't hurt if when I put in Anaheim I got Ontario and Irvine...
I'd try calling CSR line and see if they can get the hotel to come up. Idk if they run a different search system than UR online does but it's worth a shot.

On gift of college cards—I’m finding they take a long time to post. I redeemed one last Saturday and it still hasn’t hit dd’s 529. The confirmation email says to allow 14 days. Also I seem to have problems logging in. Not a huge deal, but a bit irritating.

I’m on day 7 waiting for my goc redemption to show up in our va 529 plan. I’m not worried but like you will feel better when I’ve got one deposit showing up.

It takes the full 2 weeks for mine to show up.

It has taken weeks for my GoC cards to show up in DD's 529 plan. My last one took 14 business days or 20 calendar days (but one of those was Christmas). My first one had an ACH processing error and the deposit was sent back to GoC so it took a calendar month, but it might have taken longer if I hadn't followed through with Customer Service at GoC. So if you don't see it in the 529 plan by the 15th business day I would email/contact GoC.

For anyone curious, in DD's 529 plan the GoC contribution is titled "Payroll Contribution." Previous contributions I've made show up as Check, EBT (I think that's electronic bank transfer?), and Upromise. I'm planning on claiming the contributions on my state income taxes so I'm glad it doesn't say GoC.

It has taken weeks for my GoC cards to show up in DD's 529 plan. My last one took 14 business days or 20 calendar days (but one of those was Christmas). My first one had an ACH processing error and the deposit was sent back to GoC so it took a calendar month, but it might have taken longer if I hadn't followed through with Customer Service at GoC. So if you don't see it in the 529 plan by the 15th business day I would email/contact GoC.

For anyone curious, in DD's 529 plan the GoC contribution is titled "Payroll Contribution." Previous contributions I've made show up as Check, EBT (I think that's electronic bank transfer?), and Upromise. I'm planning on claiming the contributions on my state income taxes so I'm glad it doesn't say GoC.
Glad it is titled that way because I deduct mine on my state taxes. Although I probably would do so regardless.

I got my husband an employee card for my SPG Biz. Do I need to set up an Amex account for him? Do I just log in to mine to activate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter