I love the villa kitchen sponges, where can I buy them?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I know it sounds silly, but I really like those little yellow sponges, its so easy to wash the dishes with them. Any idea where they are sold, or am I out of luck because they get them in huge bulk? (updated this in post #13 below)

Last edited:
Sorry I don't really remember anything remarkable about DVC kitchen sponges. Is it possible that they are bigger sponges that they cut in half? I do that all the time for our bathrooms. ;)

I can't help you on where to get the sponges or what brand they are, but my wife also LOVES them.

Sometimes, I think the only reason we visit OKW is to get the sponges!!

:rotfl2:

thanks for that, now I know I'm not crazy!:) Maybe I'll give housekeeping a call and try to find out where they get them.

I know it sounds silly, but I really like those little yellow sponges, its so easy to wash the dishes with them. Any idea where they are sold, or am I out of luck because they get them in huge bulk?

This one?

sponge.jpg

It is made by 3M. Here is a link to their store. I am sure you can get it most anywhere though.

http://www.3mestore.com/61500110376.html

This one?

sponge.jpg

It is made by 3M. Here is a link to their store. I am sure you can get it most anywhere though.

http://www.3mestore.com/61500110376.html

I didn't think those were the ones you were asking about. Do you mean the ones that are about half the size of the ones from this previous post and they are yellow on both sides? I don't know where you can get them but I would love to know because I also love them. I actually bring mine home to use because I don't use it at all when we're there. :)

I didn't think those were the ones you were asking about. Do you mean the ones that are about half the size of the ones from this previous post and they are yellow on both sides? I don't know where you can get them but I would love to know because I also love them. I actually bring mine home to use because I don't use it at all when we're there. :)

Thank you for finding that picture, but no, that is not the one that I am talking about. They are smaller and yes to the above poster, they are the all yellow ones, with a yellow scrungie. I brought mine home, and I'm mad because we stayed at two different villas this past trip and only brought one home with me. I am stretching its use out like you wouldn't believe!! I don't want it to die:rotfl: !

Thank you for finding that picture, but no, that is not the one that I am talking about. They are smaller and yes to the above poster, they are the all yellow ones, with a yellow scrungie. I brought mine home, and I'm mad because we stayed at two different villas this past trip and only brought one home with me. I am stretching its use out like you wouldn't believe!! I don't want it to die:rotfl: !

I remember now. It is a foam sponge and is square... correct? I think we must have used the pictured sponge at home at some point.

I love those DVC sponges too. This is an old thread. Does anyone have an update? Maybe when I have some time I'll call member services and ask...such an odd question?

I have the information, but not sure if its a good idea to put it out there for thousands of people to call up and order. PM me if you want the contact #? So I ended up tracking this down, and was led to where they manufacture them for Disney. He was so kind, and found an open box and sent me 188 sponges!!!!! LOL, enough for years and years. I loved it. It cost me $40.00, and was so worth it. An entire case costs $179.00! It was just a random thing, not sure if it could happen to anyone else, like I said it was an already open box. They send thousands to Disney, I don't think its a normal thing they would sell to just anybody calling, I think I got lucky that day.

Last edited:
I have the information, but not sure if its a good idea to put it out there for thousands of people to call up and order. PM me if you want the contact #? So I ended up tracking this down, and was led to where they manufacture them for Disney. He was so kind, and found an open box and sent me 188 sponges!!!!! LOL, enough for years and years. I loved it. It cost me $40.00, and was so worth it. An entire case costs $179.00! It was just a random thing, not sure if it could happen to anyone else, like I said it was an already open box. They send thousands to Disney, I don't think its a normal thing they would sell to just anybody calling, I think I got lucky that day.
So funny that this old thread was resurrected. We were just at BWV last week and never used our sponge. I remembered this thread as we were checking out and wondered if I should grab that new sponge for you!

So funny that this old thread was resurrected. We were just at BWV last week and never used our sponge. I remembered this thread as we were checking out and wondered if I should grab that new sponge for you!

Ha! I don't need them anymore, got plenty!

Isn't that funny! I always pack a dish cloth because I can't stand using those sponges! Different strokes!!!!

This is possibly the oddest DVC topic I've ever seen discussed! But you can be sure I will pay closer attention to the sponge next time. 188 sponges for $40? Sounds like an extreme couponer!

Hello, everyone. I spoke with the vendor and they WILL sell the "DVC" sponges to regular consumers. They take the orders by email. The current option and price for regular consumers is a package of 24 sponges for $19.98. Please PM me if you would like the email address.

Last edited:
Some people beg borrow and plead with housekeeping for shampoo and soap, I like the sponges! I have amassed quite a collection over the years, as they last a long time, and we do lots of trips. I also always bring home the small bottle of Palmolive and keep that out on my sink. I buy a big bottle and refill the small one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter