I made it - only a little sad

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
I started my solo Christmas trip this morning SO excited. My car was packed with Disney shirts and sugar-free Red Bull; all I had to do was get through a day of work in Atlanta. JK it's going to snow! I love snow. The only thing better than snow is snow when we lose power. Suddenly I was so upset to be coming to Disney. Should I stay home and check in Saturday instead? I could snuggle with my dogs in front of a roaring fire while drinking apple cider. But my love of Disney won, and I made the agonizing decision to head down. The magic of a white (near) Christmas was behind me as I hit the road. 8 hours of pouring rain and thunderstorms later, I'm cozy and warm in my bed at CB with a glass of wine. I'm enjoying the snow vicariously through my family & friends' pictures, and I can't wait to hit the parks tomorrow. Some highlights of my solo trip this weekend are: dining at the Rose & Crown and Whispering Canyon, a self tour of the hotels to check out the Christmas decorations, a well paced (heh) trip around the world in Epcot, the Candlelight Processional, then finishing it all off with the Highway in the Sky! If you see me say hi and come join me for a Christmas-y beverage!

What is everyone doing this weekend? Do you have snow at your home?

Our first snow of the season is forecast for this afternoon up here in Maine. It coincides with tonight's second annual parade of lights, so I'm excited. But, by mid January, I'll be so ready to take my annual two week Disney World bite out of the long winter. Enjoy your vacation including all the beautiful Holiday decorations.

Yep, here in Athens it's currently snowing, should stop in about a hour. We didn't get as much as Atlanta, we never do even though we are north. It's a good excuse to stay in my onesie and read.Our back yard about 5 min ago
OkX7B1nLbxJp0BAEtksYwE0Z_HS86TpyHxI7lw3IDa5ztQNYzekcKhb9nAdRq8DzOHwf5_iKcrcgRW1e2DiQW05c8KcTlqH1qK3czV2XZaKYZu1b0LW2ejSb76PpAb-HFnO-Jq9x4FLEBe6eEQUvFvl6b7CKtxBF7y9mwzR5F6rn3VVRijQs9VFicurTVaI3DmWFzB4d6FvSbJ0uJWG7T6ESNswSr988G4sbjcrpesVTQCQQ3EEwC4Xok3O3wxn1-qPvjJc4CSsyT3i1Yn1ofzqUrhIf4NflbYmHCRrSi518mbK43z8xZ7Z4P21mK0DF8p1kaJd51UZtceL4qnY7ejSnSTJp77SvK3TVocAQxEbeN-J3pbbvKLFPZm42b3CbSzeuQv7UtPfEXnS_dK07cTKRTpv0rt0g8N9Xoi4NC_buulJIW9LlDvmG0A9FxzuBJb52-MiaDHNpfupxoomBKb6mZ72d8ghQ1xGRXjGA8Fr7yc_AQF68ulkwATHD1JyFFBI9vgLuYahjd3GP1qj7dY3_ciZMRTuWYRn5I1Kr8lWcTfE9IHr_8vMtcSHMPKlJZ17RhVhlGPWMuhg0WgH53ISElWYOqQRQVO8xL-sEUA=w2086-h1564-no

It's snowing in DC, but thankfully the airport here knows how to deal with it, so I'll be on the 6am flight to Orlando. Gonna do MK and resort xmas decorations on Sunday, Epcot monday and the CP at 645, then half a day at AK on Tuesday before I fly back.

From Minnesota, so snow is no big deal to us. It starts snowing in Oct and stays on the ground til April. But we wouldn't live here if we didn't like the weather.
Hope you have a great Christmas trip:)

Well I hope your having a great time. I live in Philadelphia and we got snow too. I will be flying down on Tuesday and going to Disney Springs before attending the MVMCP. I will also be drinking around the world on the 13th with some friends your more than welcome to join. I’m touring the resorts on the 14th before I come home. Let me know hit me up. I will be most with my Disney friend and favorite local Sandra lol.

Well I hope your having a great time. I live in Philadelphia and we got snow too. I will be flying down on Tuesday and going to Disney Springs before attending the MVMCP. I will also be drinking around the world on the 13th with some friends your more than welcome to join. I’m touring the resorts on the 14th before I come home. Let me know hit me up. I will be most with my Disney friend and favorite local Sandra lol.
I would love to, but I drive home Tuesday! :( I will be around until 12-2pm-ish that day, depending on how late I decide I want to get home.

I started my solo Christmas trip this morning SO excited. My car was packed with Disney shirts and sugar-free Red Bull; all I had to do was get through a day of work in Atlanta. JK it's going to snow! I love snow. The only thing better than snow is snow when we lose power. Suddenly I was so upset to be coming to Disney. Should I stay home and check in Saturday instead? I could snuggle with my dogs in front of a roaring fire while drinking apple cider. But my love of Disney won, and I made the agonizing decision to head down. The magic of a white (near) Christmas was behind me as I hit the road. 8 hours of pouring rain and thunderstorms later, I'm cozy and warm in my bed at CB with a glass of wine. I'm enjoying the snow vicariously through my family & friends' pictures, and I can't wait to hit the parks tomorrow. Some highlights of my solo trip this weekend are: dining at the Rose & Crown and Whispering Canyon, a self tour of the hotels to check out the Christmas decorations, a well paced (heh) trip around the world in Epcot, the Candlelight Processional, then finishing it all off with the Highway in the Sky! If you see me say hi and come join me for a Christmas-y beverage!

What is everyone doing this weekend? Do you have snow at your home?
I spent 63 years in hip deep snow for months at a time. Believe me... you made the right choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter