I made the fudge...

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
I made the super-secret, easy-peasy, Canadian fudge just now. It hasn't cooled enough for me to cut it yet, but I scraped every scrap out of the pan, it's so good! I think the condensed milk gives it a bit of a different flavor (in a good way) that fudge usually doesn't have.

I know I should save the recipe somewhere but I probably won't; I'll be back here this time next year asking for it!

Next I'm going to try making that brown sugar, butter, pecans, and graham crackers thingy.

I made it too! Made two pans of it last night to give coworkers as gifts. Got up this morning and cut it into small squares and divided it between all of them. Its is really good!

anyone else remember their moms and aunts hiding away the shoe boxes from our back to school shoes specifically to pack up cookies, fudge and other goodies for mailing off to relatives at christmas? if we got a holiday package in the mail from a family member and mom unwrapped it to expose a hush puppy logo we knew we were in for treats that nite:love::love:

So... is this the Marshmallow Fluff fudge, aka Fantasy Fudge? Or something else?
I believe the OP means this one, from another thread here on the DIS:

Cheapest easiest christmas goodies

Yes, the "cheap, easy" fudge that we're supposed to act like you need to be a chemistry major to pull off, haha.

Although that Fantasy Fudge sounds pretty good too! Seeing as I am not at all tired out from my earlier fudge endeavors, I may have to try this one next. The graham cracker thing was good, too.

anyone else remember their moms and aunts hiding away the shoe boxes from our back to school shoes specifically to pack up cookies, fudge and other goodies for mailing off to relatives at christmas? if we got a holiday package in the mail from a family member and mom unwrapped it to expose a hush puppy logo we knew we were in for treats that nite:love::love:

YESSSS!!!! I had forgotten all about those boxes! And mine used to fill in the space with loose popcorn in lieu of packing peanuts. I still love the combined smell of sugar and new shoes!

I still love the combined smell of sugar and new shoes!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

too true. it just was'nt the same when some of the aunts discovered pringle's cans b/c then all the cookies had to be uniform in size to stack in them (though the residual salt in the cans made for a nice sweet/savory flavor).

Glad it worked for you.
I only make Fantasy Fudge....for years and years....and years.
I vary it....add cranberries, use almonds instead of walnuts (that's DS's favorite). He requests it every year. and he's 39!

My mom was known for her spoon fudge. After she made it we would all sit around and eat it out of the pan with a spoon. Saturday I saw one of the cooks on the food network make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter