I missed the SW 60k offer

I signed up my hubs for 50k visa and received...but how do i get him a rapid rewards and link them? no idea. anyone want to walk me through it? thanks.
i have a rapid rewards but figured he'd have to have his own number to link to this credit card.

I signed up my hubs for 50k visa and received...but how do i get him a rapid rewards and link them? no idea. anyone want to walk me through it? thanks.
i have a rapid rewards but figured he'd have to have his own number to link to this credit card.
If you did not enter a RR # on the SW Visa app, a RR #/account will automatically be created for him. That # is on the front of the SW Visa. I checked my SW Visa account and the RR # is not listed on it. Once you get that #, you can set-up the account on Southwest.com. DO not set-up a new account on SW.com at this point. Wait for the new # created for the Visa. If you decide to apply for a 2nd SW Visa (Plus, Premier or Biz (whichever you don't have), then you will use that RR # when you complete the app.

I just applied for the Plus and Business and was approved for both. Meet the spend and CP will be on hand. Getting ready for our trip to Hawaii in summer of 2019!

If you did not enter a RR # on the SW Visa app, a RR #/account will automatically be created for him. That # is on the front of the SW Visa. I checked my SW Visa account and the RR # is not listed on it. Once you get that #, you can set-up the account on Southwest.com. DO not set-up a new account on SW.com at this point. Wait for the new # created for the Visa. If you decide to apply for a 2nd SW Visa (Plus, Premier or Biz (whichever you don't have), then you will use that RR # when you complete the app.

there is no RR number on the card nor did i enter a number on application...ugh

I personally would go the business and one personal route so you get CP easier.
You will need to be 0/30 (no credit card apps in the last 30 days) and under 5/24 (less than 5 new Personal CCs (not just Chase) in the last 2 years).

I just applied for the Plus and Business and was approved for both. Meet the spend and CP will be on hand. Getting ready for our trip to Hawaii in summer of 2019!

What is required to apply and qualify for the business card? I don't own a business or travel for business, so have no need for a "business" one. Does that matter for applying?

I already have a business Chase Southwest card. I will have had it two years this coming June. I plan on cancelling it this June before the annual fee is due. I will apply for both the personal and business Chase Southwest card in late September and meet the requirements for both by the end of December. I want the Companion Pass to be issued in January, 2019, so I have it for 2 years of use. Do I have to worry about reaching the spending limit too soon in December and having it activated that month, instead of January?

I already have a business Chase Southwest card. I will have had it two years this coming June. I plan on cancelling it this June before the annual fee is due. I will apply for both the personal and business Chase Southwest card in late September and meet the requirements for both by the end of December. I want the Companion Pass to be issued in January, 2019, so I have it for 2 years of use. Do I have to worry about reaching the spending limit too soon in December and having it activated that month, instead of January?

This post below explains the dates and timing well. The date it was posted was Sep 21

Yes. The offer is "allegedly" due to expire on 10/4. If you apply, Secure Message (SM) Chase and specifically ask for the MSR date on your cards (save the message to your computer because they will auto delete in December). If applying today, I'd expect your date to be 1/14/18. Therefore, you'd have from the time your statement closes in December until 1/14 to hit the MSR. There is unfortunately one data point out there (seems to be an anomaly) of Chase posting the bonus points for someone when they were close to the MSR (allegedly about 85%). So, if it were me, I'd spend no more than around $1,500 this year and make your final transactions around the end of December or better yet, the first couple days of January to ensure your bonus points all hit in 2018.

I plan on cancelling it this June before the annual fee is due.

You may already know this but I thought I put it out there just in case; with Chase, if you cancel your card within 30 days of when the annual fee hits, you are entitled to a full refund of the fee if you paid it. So, there is no need to cancel prior to the fee hitting. In addition, the main thing you should be concerned with regarding cancelling the card, is not to cancel the card until you get your annual anniversary points, which typically coincides around the time of the annual fee but is not contingent on paying the annual fee. The goal is to obtain your anniversary points, cancel the card, and not pay the annual fee.

Does anyone know if you can get approved for the Personal Plus card if you already have the Personal Premier card? I've had the Personal Premier card for a few years now.

Does anyone know if you can get approved for the Personal Plus card if you already have the Personal Premier card? I've had the Personal Premier card for a few years now.

Yes, that's no problem. Most here have done just that. You can actually get all three if you qualify and used to be able to get all 4 when the four cards existed.

Also, depending on your credit equation, you may just want to cancel your current Premier card and reapply for it, along with one of the other cards, toward the end of the year to qualify for the Companion Pass next year if that is something you might use. With Chase you're eligible to obtain the bonus points again on a given card product every 24 months from the date you received the initial bonus. Just something to think about.

Also, depending on your credit equation, you may just want to cancel your current Premier card and reapply for it, along with one of the other cards, toward the end of the year to qualify for the Companion Pass next year if that is something you might use. With Chase you're eligible to obtain the bonus points again on a given card product every 24 months from the date you received the initial bonus. Just something to think about.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try that. I opened the card in 2015 so I should be eligible again.

You may already know this but I thought I put it out there just in case; with Chase, if you cancel your card within 30 days of when the annual fee hits, you are entitled to a full refund of the fee if you paid it. So, there is no need to cancel prior to the fee hitting. In addition, the main thing you should be concerned with regarding cancelling the card, is not to cancel the card until you get your annual anniversary points, which typically coincides around the time of the annual fee but is not contingent on paying the annual fee. The goal is to obtain your anniversary points, cancel the card, and not pay the annual fee.
I didn't know that. Thanks!

What is required to apply and qualify for the business card? I don't own a business or travel for business, so have no need for a "business" one. Does that matter for applying?
I got my business cards (not SW but others) using my EBay sales and sole proprietorship as the business. You will use your SSN in place of an EIN. So if you sell anything online, yard sales at your home, etc that’s considered a “small” business. When it asks for income I use my eBay sales of $1500 and then other income I use my real income from my full-time job. If you apply, don’t be surprised to get the 30 day message since it seems like very few Chase biz apps get automatically approved unlike Amex. Just keeping to see if it has been approved. The 7-10 day message is the bad one which typically indicates it has not been approved.

Just got my card. For the $2,000 that,creeds to be spent in the first 3 months.....can it be on anything? Or are their specific requirements?

Just got my card. For the $2,000 that,creeds to be spent in the first 3 months.....can it be on anything? Or are their specific requirements?

I'm not aware of any "ordinary" spending restrictions, so yes, the spend can be on anything. One important item to keep in mind however, is that the annual fee that will be billed on your first statement, does not count toward the minimum spend requirement.

I'm not aware of any "ordinary" spending restrictions, so yes, the spend can be on anything. One important item to keep in mind however, is that the annual fee that will be billed on your first statement, does not count toward the minimum spend requirement.

This might go without saying, but it does not include balance transfers either. I read some of the fine print and that was the only notable restriction I saw.

This might go without saying, but it does not include balance transfers either. I read some of the fine print and that was the only notable restriction I saw.

That's correct; balance transfers are completely different than spending transactions and obviously do not count toward the MSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!