• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some expert advice for June trip!!

kellymomof5

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm new to this board...had a friend tell me about it! I need help with some planning! We have the big things figured, as we went with a great local travel agent, but I need to know about other stuff! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

My first question: My youngest is 2...if we want to use the fastpass system, and he doesn't have a ticket (right?) cause he doesn't need one to get in, we can't all do a fastpass for a ride at once? Is that right? Doesn't seem to make sense?

Next, I have 5 children, ages 2 to 10. What is your favorite place to eat in the park with children?

We will be in Anaheim Sunday to Sunday, and have 4-day park hopper tickets. Which days would be best to be at Disney?

Last...what is the best beach in the area for one of our not-in-disney days?

Thanks so much!

kellymomof5 said:
Hi! I'm new to this board...had a friend tell me about it! I need help with some planning! We have the big things figured, as we went with a great local travel agent, but I need to know about other stuff! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

My first question: My youngest is 2...if we want to use the fastpass system, and he doesn't have a ticket (right?) cause he doesn't need one to get in, we can't all do a fastpass for a ride at once? Is that right? Doesn't seem to make sense?

Basically a 2 year old doesn't count. My DD is 2 and when we all have fastpasses, we don't need one for her. Since she doesn't need a ticket for the rides, she doesn't need a fastpass either. Also pretty much all the fastpass rides are ones that they can't go on anyways! Do babyswap instead

Next, I have 5 children, ages 2 to 10. What is your favorite place to eat in the park with children?

Last trip was a friend and I with 5 kids! We like to eat at Redd Rockets and Huungry Bear in DL, Taste Pilots Grill and Pacific Wharf Cafe in CA, and Tortilla Jo's takeout in DTD. These are all fairly inexpensive for the amounts you get, easy to split with kids who don't eat a lot! Also the Chip and Dale breakfast at the Grand is our favorite chracter meal, we do it every time. You DO NOT have to have the buffet, you can order off the menu. So you get great character interaction (the earlier your seating the better for this) and it is more cost effective for kids (sharing, smaller meals) than paying for a set price buffet! Forgot Whitewater snacks at the Grand is really a good deal. My two girls and I split a huge breakfast burrito and it was only $4.99!

We will be in Anaheim Sunday to Sunday, and have 4-day park hopper tickets. Which days would be best to be at Disney?

I would use it for Mon and Tues, beach on Wed, then parks on Thurs and Fri. The only reason I say this is because personally I would use it Mon-Thurs, as Friday usually gets busier, but since you haven't been, you definitely want to be there on a Friday night to catch Fantasmic and the Electrical Parade that doesn't usually run on the weeknights (depending on when you are going!)

Last...what is the best beach in the area for one of our not-in-disney days?

We like Huntington and Laguna, and Newport is pretty nice too! Just depends on your preferences. You will have a great time, it is wonderful to go with kids!!

Fast passes work by you simply showing them to the CM at the queue - so, as mentioned above, if the child doesn't need a ticket they don't need a fastpass.

BUT, I cant think of a ride with a fastpass that a 2 year old would be allowed on, or would want to gp, so I don't think it will be an issue. You'll just have to take turns doing the baby swap (you both queue, one takes the ride, while the other stands to one side with the baby, then you swap places - saves having to queue twice).

Best days to be there are week days - crowds are heaviest on a Saturday with Sunday close behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter