I never thought I'd WANT to postpone a trip...

LovePug

DIS Veteran
but, I've been trying to get pregnant via AI for months. I'm 42 years old and don't have a lot of time left to have a child and we're at a place in our marriage that we want a baby very much. We are currently raising my DP's 12 year old daughter, but I want to experience having a biological child also. I'm just entering the two week wait (to see if it worked this month) and am on pins and needles
pacing.gif

If you can spare any Pixie Dust, I'd very much appreciate it!

Honey, you have all of the pixie dust I can offer. Back in the 80s I too tried to conceive by AI and unfortunately it didn't take. But evnetually my partner and I were able to adopt two terrific kids who we've managed to usher to the teen years. All the best to you!

Are you nuts? Postponing a trip now so you can enjoy future trips with a child? Sister! Stay at home, do what you have to do!

We all want pics of that kids first pic with Mr Mouse!

God Speed and Good Luck! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I wish you all the pixie dust in the world. I hope it takes!

SO and I are hoping to try this in 7 years. Have you had a good experience thus far?

Wow! Lots of love, luck, and pixie dust to you, sugar! Congrats, and please be sure to share the good news once you have it!! :sunny:

Lots of love and good wishes to you both! I get that urge to try for that biological child of my own also... but for now am happy with borrowing my nephew! (below!) I am at that decision age also.. and know how loud that clock can tick!! So... may you be blessed with all you wish! And Welcome to our little home here on the dis :)

Kathy

I'll keep you in my thoughts. And as Mike said, we'll want to see pictures of the little DISer. Please keep us all posted.

Wishing you lots of luck(now AND when the baby comes).

And I love the picture in your signature!

Best of luck. I hope it works, there is nothing better than a new baby who will be surrounded by love.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I understand what you are going through we will be starting the process in June and have been spending the last few weeks learning about our options.

We wish you the best of luck and we too expect to be kept updated and see pictures.

Good luck to you! :goodvibes

My DP and I are prepearing for our first try in early February! :thumbsup2
(should be the second try, but we had "timing issues", and last month didn't go as planned! LOL)

But I would cancel/postpone a vacation in a HEARTBEAT for the chance at having a baby! Go for it! You'll have lots and lots of wonderful Disney trips with your beautiful son/daughter to make up for the one you had to postpone!
I wish you all the best!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

-Christal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!