"I Only Run in Purple." - Anisum's Road PRs in 2018

It's me! I messaged DopeyBadger about it this AM because I have a HM I'm training for on April 22 (jinx! Except it sounds like you're not doing that one) and I wanted to know how to adjust. DH just booked us a hotel on Broad St. so he can just walk out to see me as I go by. I teach at Temple and love this race. If you want to meet up before you can DM me.
Edited to say if you want to meet up before *or* after!

It's me! I messaged DopeyBadger about it this AM because I have a HM I'm training for on April 22 (jinx! Except it sounds like you're not doing that one) and I wanted to know how to adjust. DH just booked us a hotel on Broad St. so he can just walk out to see me as I go by. I teach at Temple and love this race. If you want to meet up before you can DM me.
Edited to say if you want to meet up before *or* after!
I definitely will when it gets closer and I know what my plans for getting in/out of the city are. I forgot you were from the region as well. I'm hoping something with my family event changes so I can still do a half but we'll see.

I definitely will when it gets closer and I know what my plans for getting in/out of the city are. I forgot you were from the region as well. I'm hoping something with my family event changes so I can still do a half but we'll see.
Have you run it before? The crowd is amazing when the weather cooperates. You go right around City Hall which is right up there with running through Cinderella’s Castle! Actually City Hall is a much more impressive structure :duck:

Broad Street sounds awesome. Totally adding that to my list of future races, it's isn't far from here. Congrats on already being on week three of your DBP!

Have you run it before? The crowd is amazing when the weather cooperates. You go right around City Hall which is right up there with running through Cinderella’s Castle! Actually City Hall is a much more impressive structure :duck:
I have not. I usually do one of the other 10 milers that day because I didn't win the lotto and I like the one group so I never pursued the charity bibs or anything. I've been looking forward to it in part because of the City Hall and also because net downhill in my home city just sounds exciting.

Broad Street sounds awesome. Totally adding that to my list of future races, it's isn't far from here. Congrats on already being on week three of your DBP!
Yes, definitely do that, it would be a good Dis-Meet race.

Week 3:
Monday: 3mi @ EA
Wednesday: 3mi @ EB
Thursday: 1 mile WU + 6 x 0.5 mile @ HMS w/ 1 min RI @ WU + 1 mile CD
Saturday: 5mi @ EB + Strides
Sunday: 6mi @ LR

All right for this week, Monday went well as Mondays usually do. Wednesday, I actually mixed up the idea of Wednesday and Thursday so I was very excited when I discovered I was only running 3 miles instead of 5+ in the unseasonably warm weather since I was running in an area I don't usually run in and did not have suntan lotion. This excitement promptly waned when Thursday rolled around and I had to complete that run. I had woke up with a little bit of a soar throat Thursday morning which I initially attributed to the change in weather from 77F to 40F but after running in the pouring rain Thursday I think I may have been mistaken and gotten a cold. The Thursday run was the most exciting all though it was the most difficult to complete. They were doing electrical work on my planned route so I had to turn around and rethink my plan. Plus it was a game of avoiding the sidewalk areas that get slick when it rains so I didn't fall. Saturday I was overjoyed that it wasn't raining and had a great run. Sunday I knew I would be out most of the day and I would have to get my run done early in the morning but it was pouring rain again and since I wasn't feeling the best I didn't want to spend the morning doing 6 miles in the rain.

That brings me to my current dilemma. I could do last week's long run either today or tomorrow (if I did it tomorrow I would move tomorrow's run to today) but I'm not sure if it's worth it or if I should take the extra day of rest in the hope that this cold goes away faster.

Week 4:
Tuesday: 4 mi @ EB + Strides
Thursday: 1 mile WU + 3 x 1 mile @ HMS w/ 2 min RI @ WU + 1 mile CD
Saturday: 5 mi @ EB + Strides
Sunday: 5 mi @ LR (Blind!!)

Tuesday and Saturday were both runs with strides and I remembered to do strides both times which is always good because on my last training plan I would sometimes forget to do the strides. Tuesday run had beautiful weather but by Saturday the weather was cold once more. Thursday was a race against the rain. We were expected a huge Nor'Easter to begin Thursday night and continue all day Friday. I left work a bit early so I could get home and get my run in. I was successful aside from a few stray raindrops here and there.

Sunday was my blind run. I had just enough time to get it in and then shower before I was supposed to be going out so I was very concerned about going too slow. The first mile is always kind of slow for me so I sped up near the end of it in the hope of gaining time. After the run I discovered that this was the only mile I did over the goal time. Once I warm up during that first mile I tend to go faster so I was trying to hold back but not hold back too much because that would mean going EB and possibly being late. This set me up to do the next few miles between 2-20 seconds faster goal pace which overall wasn't as bad as I thought for my first blind in a while. I will admit that during the last mile I noticed about halfway through that the wind had blown my Frozen sticker off so I switched the view to the time since I figured that was probably one of the least informative screens. Then I pulled my jacket sleeve over it to avoid the temptation to look.

In the ever changing landscape that is family events it now appears I will be free April 22 which means I could do a half. So now I just have to decide if I still want to.

Week 4:
Thursday: 1 mile WU + 3 x 1 mile @ HMS w/ 2 min RI @ WU + 1 mile CD
Sunday: 5 mi @ LR (Blind!!)

Tuesday and Saturday were both runs with strides and I remembered to do strides both times which is always good because on my last training plan I would sometimes forget to do the strides. Tuesday run had beautiful weather but by Saturday the weather was cold once more. Thursday was a race against the rain. We were expected a huge Nor'Easter to begin Thursday night and continue all day Friday. I left work a bit early so I could get home and get my run in. I was successful aside from a few stray raindrops here and there.

Sunday was my blind run. I had just enough time to get it in and then shower before I was supposed to be going out so I was very concerned about going too slow. The first mile is always kind of slow for me so I sped up near the end of it in the hope of gaining time. After the run I discovered that this was the only mile I did over the goal time. Once I warm up during that first mile I tend to go faster so I was trying to hold back but not hold back too much because that would mean going EB and possibly being late. This set me up to do the next few miles between 2-20 seconds faster goal pace which overall wasn't as bad as I thought for my first blind in a while. I will admit that during the last mile I noticed about halfway through that the wind had blown my Frozen sticker off so I switched the view to the time since I figured that was probably one of the least informative screens. Then I pulled my jacket sleeve over it to avoid the temptation to look.

In the ever changing landscape that is family events it now appears I will be free April 22 which means I could do a half. So now I just have to decide if I still want to.

Solid training week, especially staying so close to pace during a blind run!! And I hear you re: family event changes. I just found out that I'll be in town the week of my favorite 10k, after all. I'm only supposed to be doing 8 @ LR that weekend, so... decisions...

Solid training week, especially staying so close to pace during a blind run!! And I hear you re: family event changes. I just found out that I'll be in town the week of my favorite 10k, after all. I'm only supposed to be doing 8 @ LR that weekend, so... decisions...
I mean, I would consider doing some running at LR before and after and hitting the 10k.
Nice training week! Hopefully you find a half that you want to do.
I found 3. It's just a matter if I want to travel and book a hotel to do one. There is one option which may not require a hotel so I may investigate that.

Awesome blind run! I stink at those!
I was really surprised. I feel like I'm usually worse at them but I think it was the need to be done in a timely manner combined with my body wanting to go EB that kept me on track.

In other news, we're expecting another storm. It is supposed to be all day tomorrow and dump a ton of snow on us. I'm wondering if I should try and adjust my schedule to get a run in today in case I can't do Wednesday or Thursday.

Week 5:
Monday: 3 mi @ EA
Wednesday: 3 mi @ EB
Thursday: 1 mile WU + 4 x 1 mile @ HMS w/ 2 min RI @ WU + 1 mile CD
Saturday: 6 mi @ EB + Strides
Sunday: 7 mi @ LR

Monday I got my run in with no issues. Tuesday they were calling for a huge Nor'Easter complete with a ton of snow so I decided to do my Wednesday run. This was a great choice because Wednesday and Thursday there was not a clear spot to run. In fact my favorite routes for 5+ miles are still a mess of snow and flooding. Friday I resigned myself to running through town. I knew I had friends staying Saturday night into Sunday so I wasn't sure I would be able to get Sunday's run in. So for Friday I did my Saturday run with the intent of deciding based on road conditions whether doing Sunday or Thursdays run the next day would be better. Saturday morning rolled around and I decided to do Thursday's run. True to form I did not have a chance to get out for my LR on Sunday.

Also, I did sign up for a half marathon on April 21 instead of the 22nd so we'll see how that goes.

Yea for signing up for the race! Nice to get that in the books I'm sure!
Yes. I am really excited. I was originally thinking about going further away for it but at this point getting a hotel wasn't worth it so I'll be using it as an excuse to visit my friends post race. Now I just need the weather to cooperate so I can get all my runs in.

Yay for a new race in the future. What is up with this stupid winter hanging on though. UGH. It's at least starting to feel like spring here. Hope the weather improves for you soon.

Yay for a new race in the future. What is up with this stupid winter hanging on though. UGH. It's at least starting to feel like spring here. Hope the weather improves for you soon.
Thanks! We're in for a snow storm but a few days ago we had a brief taste of Spring before it was ripped away.

Week 6:
Thursday: 1 mile WU + 2 x 2 mile @ HMS w/ 3 min RI @ WU + 1 mile CD
Sunday: 5 mi @ LR

Tuesday I ran to my dad's, put some laundry in, ran some more then came back and finished laundry. It was a good run overall even if it did have a brief break. Thursday was the first day one of my favorite routes wasn't flooded so I ran there. I repeated that decision on Saturday morning when I ran before going out with the family. I also repeated it on Sunday when I ran there in the late afternoon after going shopping. I got a new bathing suit for my cruise (which I just found out @Keels will be on too!!!) and some nice summer clothes that I will be able to wear as soon as I get out of the cold mess that is winter staying too long.

The Sunday run was kind of eventful because I noticed a large police presence and a lot of caution tape. Apparently there was a dead body found. Luckily for me, there was no foul play which means it should still be a safe route. I feel terrible for the family though.

I almost hit like on your post the the last paragraph made me pause. Anyways, overall looks like a productive week both for running and for errands/shopping, so that's neat!!!

I almost hit like on your post the the last paragraph made me pause. Anyways, overall looks like a productive week both for running and for errands/shopping, so that's neat!!!
Yeah, it's a bummer. Everything else was exciting and good though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!