I really made out with the DDE discount!

westcliffemom

Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!
I saved $103.99 for my entire stay (I kept track just to see!). I figured I'm ahead by $53.99, after the $50 cost of the program! That's just on this one trip, I have a couple more planned before it expires! It was totally worth it for me!

westcliffemom said:
I saved $103.99 for my entire stay (I kept track just to see!). I figured I'm ahead by $53.99, after the $50 cost of the program! That's just on this one trip, I have a couple more planned before it expires! It was totally worth it for me!
Where did you eat for your time at "the World"?

So, when you use the DDE, you only show ID and the card, or you have to show an AP too or what?

Great!! We're looking foward to using the card; with the way we dine I think it's perfect!

I didn't have the card, just the fax, and had to repeatedly explain, but it was no problem. We ate at Brown Derby, Sci Fi (twice), Rose & Crown, San Angel Inn, Le Celliar, Italy, France, Plaza, 50's Prime Time, etc. What I really appreciated was the discount at the Pop food court.

Great news - we already have ours ordered for our June trip!

It sounds like a good deal.
thanks Diane

It is great, isn't it?

DD (colege student and not a big spender) saved about $70 last week for 2 people. This was mostly Pop food. They ate there a lot, a few fancy restaurantts and AK.

herc.

I was asked for ID several times, and had to explain the fax, instead of the card, almost every time. There was a CM at Allstars Music that was hateful about it, but everybody else was nice about it. We used ours at LeCellier, Gremany, Ohana, SciFi, Trail End, We tried to use it at Crystal Palace, but the waitress never applied it. inspite of 3 requests--I didn't realize that they didn't until we got home.

From what I understand, you can buy it without an AP and the cost is $75. I read that on another thread. I have no idea if that is 100% correct though.

I purchsed mine with AP but I was never asked to show an AP anytime I used it. The CM who took care of my DDE order did ask for the number on one of our AP vouchers when I ordered the card.

Is the DDE 20% discount good for everyone at you table or only for the one with the card? Trying to decide if DDE or the dining package makes the best bargain for us.

I love th DDE discounts we saved $ 130 ... the only problem was several of the cast members didn't know what it was we only had the fax but after we explained what it was we didn't have any problems... only had to show id twice..

The card is good for up to 10 in a party has to be on one check..

We just used our DDE fax last week. We saved about $300 ($350 - $50 cost of card) (lots of people and lots of food - including V& A). I bought it over the phone before I had an AP, and was asked about 75% of the time for my ID when I used the fax. I did ask a couple of counter places if it was good, and they had no idea what it was, of course, but all the sit down restaurants got it right every time.

I was told I would not need a picture ID once I ge tthe actual card.

It was a great deal for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter