I really should be used to this by now . . .

MPwifey

Mouseketeer
so they changed DH's leave dates, he will now be one of the first 5 in his unit to take leave for R & R. I was really hoping to have him home in Dec so we could go to MVMCP but that is not gonna happen now. In a way I am happy because now he will be here for DD's birthday, but still upset at the same time. No one else gets it, I figured you guys can understand planning a mini vacation around Disney. Now DH wants to do a short cruise but I am afraid to do that because he could be delayed or come home early. Oy, at least with a hotel room they could work with us on the dates, ships do not wait for the Army.

Oh and we are planning on taking a cruise when he gets back too, we are just really impatient, and loved our cruise waaaaay too much.

We were just talking at our FRG potluck tonight about how the only consistency in the Army is change.....

We talked about doing a trip on his R&R, but decided to just do a longer one when he gets home.

Either way :hug:

:grouphug:

I was a wreck trying to plan around DH's R&R. Thankfully it all worked out - but I understand your frustrationsn

At least you get to plan for R and R-Snake makes sure all the soldiers get a slot before he will take one-after two deployments when he didnt get it-this time i didnt even expect it-we just plan something really nice for block leave.

It is not just the Army. We have two vacations planned for this year and just found out that DH will not be there for the first and no promises for the second which is a cruise. You are right about the hotel they are easier to change than a cruise especially when you mention military. Our second vacation is a cruise so hopefully he will make it or we will have to eat the cost.

WDW Enabler-if you have not reached final payment on your cruise and are a member of USAA you can purchase a travel insurance policy that would SPECIFICALLY cover your loss if you had to cancel due to canceled leave-log into the USAA home page-select products and services, insurance, more insurance and then travel insurance. its more expensive than the cruiselines policies but is way more comprehensive.

Thanks for the advice but we are dvc members and going on our points so all paid for there. I forget about all that usaa has to offer.

I completely understand your frustrations. My husband never told me his leave dates until about a week out. He knows that I would plan everything down to the minute and then only get upset later. I hope that all works out for you. Maybbe will see each other on a cruise soon. my deployed DH wants to go on one when returns. :hug:

DH understands why planning a cruise on his R & R might not be a good idea. We decided to go to Williamsburg Virginia instead. This way, we can do Busch Gardens, Water Country, some sightseeing, the Virginia Beach, and just relax. Not quite a cruise, but still fun and closer to home than FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter