I received a PIN Code in my sister's name :((

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
This is the 2nd time this year, I've jumped for joy for a PIN code, only to have my bubble burst because it is stated in my sister's name. She has never lived at my address, I am beyond frustrated. Anyone out there ever had this happen? Right now, I am going to email REPEATED to Disney until, maybe, hopefully, I get the answer I want. PLUS I want the correct info in their database whatever, wherever it is.

This happened to me. You can use it actually. I've been able to use my mom's twice when they sent them in her name to my address. You can book it online or if you call them, they will change it to the correct name.

You can use it....We used a pin code a friend had...I just gave Disney the code and it worked. Not saying it would all the time...but A lot of codes get thrown around for other folks to use with success.

I get them to my email with my moms name. I’ve been able to use it, I was told it was because we traveled with them in the past and were “ connected”.

If this actually works, I am forever grateful to you all !!!
I'll post later
If you book it online, you don't need to do anything extra, it will let you book with out any changes. If you need to apply it to an existing package, you may need to call & get them to apply it. I've done both.

If you book it online, you don't need to do anything extra, it will let you book with out any changes. If you need to apply it to an existing package, you may need to call & get them to apply it. I've done both.

That's fantastic! I keep getting pins in my SIL's name. Obviously, he doesn't live at our address and, since I always pay the hotel bills for both rooms, I've been really irritated about it. I'll give this a try.

I got the first pin ever this week. the problem is its for 2020 and the next trip is 2021. Now my daughters mother and stepfather get them all the time. My issue I pay for everything and they have been getting pins for years. Their solution? Throw them away and just mention it a couple of months ago. Sigh

I just booked a trip last night in my own name with an offer code that came in the mail addressed to my daughter. I don't think it's an issue.

TWICE I have received pins at my address with my sister's first name and my married last name! She has never lived here! Go figure!

I received a pin code by email and it would not let me book online, I called and she looked up the pin code and it was associated with someone else's account and would not transfer it to me even though I received it on my email?? Bummer!

I was married at Disney in 2008. I receive PIN codes for every single one of my guests! The problem? We have NO idea what zip code was put in for ANY of them. We've called Disney countless times and they can't figure it out either. They've been kind enough to allow us to use the PIN's through the years but I'd still love to know what zip code is attached to them so I could book online, lol!

Thank you all for the positive feedback results because I just didn't think it could go that way. For years I read about the randomness and exclusiveness of the "pin code". Long story short, I called, a very awesome cast member did his thing and checked this and that, told me YES, I could use it. Emailed my TA, here from THE DIS and viola!!!! I saved $700. More ADR"S!!!!!!!

I was wondering about this! They keep coming in my husbands name...I do all the planning and control the MDE so it drives me crazy it's addressed to him. I'm guessing I should be able to use it too if I went without him.

I wish I'd get a pin for my sister so I could use it, lol. I'm planning a big trip for June and am feeling some major PIN envy right now.

I was wondering about this! They keep coming in my husbands name...I do all the planning and control the MDE so it drives me crazy it's addressed to him. I'm guessing I should be able to use it too if I went without him.
Yup you can use it without him

Same issue for me. Pin codes come to my address but in my sister's name. She lives in a different state. I do all the planning, use my credit card, etc. I appreciate this thread letting me know I can use it, even on a solo trip.

I get pin codes that come in my name to my email but when I try to use them it won’t let me, I typed in everyone’s name that has ever been to Disney with me and it actually belongs to me nephew! I’ve called to see about using them and it all depends on the CM you get on the phone that day, I’ve had them tell me No, just No, no discussion or anything, and then I’ve had them work with me and I got to use it, so if you get one that says no, just call back later!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!