I said we would never do it but ......

The AC didn't work well in the master, it was a cell signal and Wi-Fi dead zone inside our room, and the bed was super uncomfortable. My kids loved it but they were little at the time. I wasn't impressed by the pool at ALL. Overcrowded and really boring with no slides or any other real features. The music underwater was annoying Miley Cyrus style pop music. Eh. No way would I pay close to $500/night, but that is just my opinion. FWIW, my kids have never asked to go back there. They ask to go back to Pop all the time, though.
A few of your issues was due to a specific room. Pretty certain people have had ac issues at Deluxes, and cell phone issues.

Other stuff is personal opinion. I get it there is NO WAY you would pay close to that per night.

Slides? Why would you stay at a Value anyways? You already know they don't have slides. If it's important to you enough to complain that they don't have it I would assume you would have looked up that there aren't any (and I would say that to anyone-a basic research even a google images will show you features of the place). Music underwater annoying? Personal preference of course will dictate that. A good detail to share is that they have music underwater.

Obviously not everyone shares your displeasure with Values let alone AOA.

$475.31 per night plus taxes comes out to about $535/night total. That's not too far off from $600/night.
Really $535 isn't far off from $600 per night? Yes it is quite far.

Their original figures with the Passholder discount was $3004 which divided by 6 equals $500.67 per night. They mention in the above comment you quoted they said it was $2,851.86+taxes. So if you take $2851.86 divided by 6 you get $475.31. There may be something omitted though in the figures. Regardless that's neither here nor there in the end you've made it clear you would not stay there at the rate they charge regardless if it's $500 or $535 per night.

I told the wife it was just way too much for 5 nights room only.

The agent on the phone recommended the Nemo Family Suite and AoA. Same dates (12/22-28th) $3004

?

No way I would pay $600 per night at a value.

The total is 3004. If it’s 5 nights then it is 600/night and you are. If it’s 6 nights then it’s 500.

The airlines had to stop separating out tax because it feels sneaky, and you’re paying the total. If the total is 3004 let’s divide from there.

And the difference between five nights vs 22-38 makes a difference. :)

This is for the kids.

Then I’d go for a POR Royal Room.

Their original figures with the Passholder discount was $3004 which divided by 6 equals $500.67 per night. They mention in the above comment you quoted they said it was $2,851.86+taxes. So if you take $2851.86 divided by 6 you get $475.31.

Except he stated 5 nights. Then listed dates which mean 6 nights.

A base rate means nothing unless you’re somehow tax exempt.

I know what he stated. His dates were listed in the OP as well; I calculated the number of nights based on the dates they put in.

Yes I know I wasn't stating otherwise. I was going on what the OP was saying in their OP which was $3004 for 12/22-12/28 (which is where the $500 per night figure came from). The OP is the one who later on stated it was $2851.86 which was $475.31 excluding tax. I'm working with the dollar amounts the OP gave and the information they gave. That's why I said there may be information missing.

It is one of the best imagineered hotels on property that you have to take time to walk all over, it's a photo shoot dream. The Nemo area is close to the main pool, the cool coral reef playground, the main hub, food court and buses. The landscaping there is awesome, they picked out plants that make it look like you are under water.

Food court is one of the better ones on property.

The suite will give you a private bedroom and bathroom. The kids can each get a bed with the fold down murphy bed and sofa bed. They get their own bathroom as well. It's highly decorated, whimsical and bold .......... but with younger kids it will be magical for a holiday trip.
I totally agree with all of the above. The suites are awesome. It gives you plenty of space. I stayed in the cars suite, but the Nemo suites are better in the sense that its closer to the main building/buses. I personally love the Nemo theme the best. Your kids will LOVE AoA. It really is phenomenally themed. Often when i stay at Pop i walk over just to look around and take pics. The main pool is fun, esp the underwater music. The food court is awesome with their unique offerings. I'd go for it if I were you. You'll have a blast.

AoA is a neat resort, but I don't see how you could possibly go from CL Deluxe to a value and not be disappointed in it. But, as others have said, it is what you make of it. There's no doubt your children will love it, but prepare yourself for a long walk to the bus stops at the parks and even longer lines to get on the bus. Any resort can have transportation issues, but AoA is by far the longest I have ever waited for buses when returning at the end of the day. To me, the money you pay for a suite there simply isn't worth the amenities offered.

?

The total is 3004. If it’s 5 nights then it is 600/night and you are. If it’s 6 nights then it’s 500.

The airlines had to stop separating out tax because it feels sneaky, and you’re paying the total. If the total is 3004 let’s divide from there.

And the difference between five nights vs 22-38 makes a difference. :)

Then I’d go for a POR Royal Room.

I made a mistake. 22-28th. 6 nights.

AoA is a neat resort, but I don't see how you could possibly go from CL Deluxe to a value and not be disappointed in it. But, as others have said, it is what you make of it. There's no doubt your children will love it, but prepare yourself for a long walk to the bus stops at the parks and even longer lines to get on the bus. Any resort can have transportation issues, but AoA is by far the longest I have ever waited for buses when returning at the end of the day. To me, the money you pay for a suite there simply isn't worth the amenities offered.
We will stay Deluxe Club Level again on our Big vacation. This was a spur of the moment “ How about Christmas at Disney since we have AP” conversation so we booked it. We also considered that we won’t be closing the parks so the bus back mid day should be fine. If they are crowded we will Minnie Van it.

Just returned 2 days ago from 10 days at AoA and really enjoyed it! My family has always stayed at Deluxe resorts and although I was a bit hesitant to book a value resort, the ultimate decision was made bc it was a special surprise trip to celebrate my daughter’s 5th bday. I went w/ the expectation that this resort is centered around entertaining kids and it does exactly that! Now that we have been home a couple of days and I’ve had time to think about whether or not I would stay again, I’m happy to report my answer is absolutely without hesitation while my children are little. I’am so glad I went forward w/ staying there bc she absolutely love, loved it! We stayed in the Nemo suites, building 5, room 5812. It was located on the 4th floor and faced away from the Big Blue Pool towards the lake. We experienced zero issues w/ noise level during our stay. Also, loved that we were less than 3-5 mts walk to Landscape of Flavors and approximately 5-7 mts to bus stop. Additionally, very happy w/ transportation to the parks. We always had a bus ready and waiting to bring us to/from parks at any time of the day. It’s nice the buses do not share w/ any additional resorts. Also, you have the option to hop on the Pop bus if u miss AoA and only a very short walk back. As far as minnie vans go, we used 1 time only to commute to and from HDDR; otherwise, we used park buses and uber to Contemporary. Please feel free to message me if you have any additional questions. I would be more than happy to share anything regarding our stay at AoA.

Never stayed at AoA but have stayed deluxe vs value. I don't get the big deal tbh. How much time do you really spend in your hotel room? It's just a place to sleep for my family and as long as the beds are comfortable and clean, it works for us.

I agree, it’s all about Expectatiins. Deluxe CL to Value is about as Opposite as you can get.
Whatever you decide.. have a Magical Visit. And CK out those DVC confirmed reservations ... there were great prices if ur going for Xmas..

We will stay Deluxe Club Level again on our Big vacation. This was a spur of the moment “ How about Christmas at Disney since we have AP” conversation so we booked it. We also considered that we won’t be closing the parks so the bus back mid day should be fine. If they are crowded we will Minnie Van it.
I want to live in a world where 6 nights at WDW three months after my last WDW trip is considered spur of the moment and not a big vacation, especially at that price! :rotfl:

A few of your issues was due to a specific room. Pretty certain people have had ac issues at Deluxes, and cell phone issues.

Other stuff is personal opinion. I get it there is NO WAY you would pay close to that per night.

Slides? Why would you stay at a Value anyways? You already know they don't have slides. If it's important to you enough to complain that they don't have it I would assume you would have looked up that there aren't any (and I would say that to anyone-a basic research even a google images will show you features of the place). Music underwater annoying? Personal preference of course will dictate that. A good detail to share is that they have music underwater.

Obviously not everyone shares your displeasure with Values let alone AOA.

Really $535 isn't far off from $600 per night? Yes it is quite far.

Their original figures with the Passholder discount was $3004 which divided by 6 equals $500.67 per night. They mention in the above comment you quoted they said it was $2,851.86+taxes. So if you take $2851.86 divided by 6 you get $475.31. There may be something omitted though in the figures. Regardless that's neither here nor there in the end you've made it clear you would not stay there at the rate they charge regardless if it's $500 or $535 per night.

Yeah, the figures my be off because the first 4 nights are less than the last 2 nights .... either way, $3004 after taxes 6 nights.

Yeah, the figures my be off because the first 4 nights are less than the last 2 nights .... either way, $3004 after taxes 6 nights.
I gotcha. That passholder discount looks mighty tempting as far as one of the reasons to get an AP lol ::yes:: .

Have fun though on this Christmas trip regardless of where you stay :D.

I gotcha. That passholder discount looks mighty tempting as far as one of the reasons to get an AP lol ::yes:: .

Have fun though on this Christmas trip regardless of where you stay :D.

I'll tell you one thing though, Last night I was looking at Beach Club so I called and once I was able to speak with an agent, the price she gave me was less than the price online. I then seen BC go up by about $40ish a night when I had left the page and came back. When I asked her about that she informed me as the rooms get booked the price goes up. Really? I know about price and demand but wow! And the only reason we upgraded our park hoppers and memory maker to the AP is because it will pay for itself this upcoming trip. Plus we get discounts on food as well. We plan on doing a few mini trips at various resorts over the next year and then one big trip which will be CL at Contemporary :)

Hi Jimmy Mouse! We are DVC owners and as of the last few years have stayed mostly at deluxe resorts. Our kids still talk about the fun they had at AOA family suite. Was it DH and my favorite? No way, not by far- we didn't like the crazy hectic food court, lack of a sit down restaurant, no lounge, etc. But? the kids LOVED the pool there, and have a great memory of their time. If staying there meant we could go for Christmas, and still have future trips in the near future- we would do it. Don't set your expectations too high and you may be pleasantly surprised!

Hi Jimmy Mouse! We are DVC owners and as of the last few years have stayed mostly at deluxe resorts. Our kids still talk about the fun they had at AOA family suite. Was it DH and my favorite? No way, not by far- we didn't like the crazy hectic food court, lack of a sit down restaurant, no lounge, etc. But? the kids LOVED the pool there, and have a great memory of their time. If staying there meant we could go for Christmas, and still have future trips in the near future- we would do it. Don't set your expectations too high and you may be pleasantly surprised!

I really never set high expectations so I don't get disappointed :) but honestly after reading a lot of the replies here, I think we will have a great time! Yes I like relaxing at the lounges, the quiet times on the balcony etc but what really makes me happy is being with my kids when they are having a good time. The only pool we have is a blow up one that I will set up for the kids on the weekends and usually I get right in with them! I enjoy my time with my girls so if they have a good time, so will I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter