I Saw Frozen on Broadway Today.....

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
WOW......just WOW :eek:. My jaw dropped several times. They truly enhanced the entire theater experience by using modern technology and effects. I was fortunate enough to be invited to see it, but believe me if you can afford to go, it is worth every penny!!! They added in new songs and it worked very well with the production. All the performers were incredibly talented, and the girl who played little Anna sounded EXACTLY like the one in the movie. I also purchased a souvenir cup. What do you guys think? Have you seen it? Do you want to see it?

I live in NYC, so I've been entering the ticket lottery daily. I have seen the show 3 times now! It's great every time, though last week Caissie Levy (Elsa) was out. It's such a fun show!

As far as merch goes, I bought plush Elsa, plush Anna, a shirt, a magnet, and the snowflake metal keyring. :)

I saw it two days ago. I thought the first act was great, definitely lagged in the second half though. Saw multiple people falling sleep- both adults and kids.

I saw it two days ago. I thought the first act was great, definitely lagged in the second half though. Saw multiple people falling sleep- both adults and kids.

Really? I didn't get that feeling at all. The audience for my show was very energetic. Even so, I felt both acts were just as awesome.

My husband and I saw it on Friday. To be honest, we liked the version on DCL better than the Broadway show. The Broadway show was good but we didn't think it was great. There were also some parts we didn't like at all such as the whole hot tub song. On Saturday, we got the half price tickets for Anastasia which we loved and thought was better than Frozen. Seeing Anastasia (which also was derived from an animated film) after Frozen, made me realize that I was a little diasappointed in Frozen. Frozen was the reason why we spent the weekend in NYC but it sure didn't live up to our expectations.

WOW......just WOW :eek:. My jaw dropped several times. They truly enhanced the entire theater experience by using modern technology and effects. I was fortunate enough to be invited to see it, but believe me if you can afford to go, it is worth every penny!!! They added in new songs and it worked very well with the production. All the performers were incredibly talented, and the girl who played little Anna sounded EXACTLY like the one in the movie. I also purchased a souvenir cup. What do you guys think? Have you seen it? Do you want to see it?

Was Patti Murin on as Anna ? She is a friend of ours, and an absolute sweetheart and extremely talented !

Was Patti Murin on as Anna ? She is a friend of ours, and an absolute sweetheart and extremely talented !

I don't have my playbill in front of me, but if she is the original, lead casted Anna, then YES! I made sure to check which performers were the original ones. Both Anna and Olaf were the originals.

I don't have my playbill in front of me, but if she is the original, lead casted Anna, then YES! I made sure to check which performers were the original ones. Both Anna and Olaf were the originals.

Yep, it was her ! Love her !

OMG SHE WAS AWESOME!!! Hilarious, too! I loved her as Anna. I'm so sorry to hear so many people were disappointed with their performance, but I would see this again if I had the opportunity. I thought it was superb! Let her know she was wonderful and everyone who performed the matinee on 6/23 was spectacular. I'm blown away by all the magic!

Patti Murin is AWESOME!! On my third time seeing the show, a friend wanted to meet the actors at the stage door. Not only is Patti a fantastic actor, she is so sweet and kind!

Patti Murin is AWESOME!! On my third time seeing the show, a friend wanted to meet the actors at the stage door. Not only is Patti a fantastic actor, she is so sweet and kind!

She is an absolute doll ! We became friendly with her during her "Xanadu" run - ( probably the result of seeing the show over 100 times) - yes, a little insane -- lol

She was always very gracious at the stage door - the reason that many people didn't like her in Frozen was because they said she looked too old to be playing Anna, but she pulls it off !

She is an absolute doll ! We became friendly with her during her "Xanadu" run - ( probably the result of seeing the show over 100 times) - yes, a little insane -- lol

She was always very gracious at the stage door - the reason that many people didn't like her in Frozen was because they said she looked too old to be playing Anna, but she pulls it off !

To be fair, ALL the performers looked too old to be the characters in Frozen. I myself noticed this distinction, but then I remembered it takes decades for a performer to be perfectly trained for a role. I think she did a job well done and bravo to the entire cast. I'm sorry others don't feel the same way I do.

My husband and I saw it on Friday. To be honest, we liked the version on DCL better than the Broadway show. The Broadway show was good but we didn't think it was great. There were also some parts we didn't like at all such as the whole hot tub song. On Saturday, we got the half price tickets for Anastasia which we loved and thought was better than Frozen. Seeing Anastasia (which also was derived from an animated film) after Frozen, made me realize that I was a little diasappointed in Frozen. Frozen was the reason why we spent the weekend in NYC but it sure didn't live up to our expectations.

I'm curious about Frozen and while it looks good, clips I've seen and listening to the soundtrack haven't blown me away. Anastasia is one I really want to see and can't wait for the tour to at least start. I've listened to the soundtrack numerous times for it already and still love it.

I'm curious about Frozen and while it looks good, clips I've seen and listening to the soundtrack haven't blown me away. Anastasia is one I really want to see and can't wait for the tour to at least start. I've listened to the soundtrack numerous times for it already and still love it.

I thought all the actors in Frozen were good. I was disappointed in certain parts of the story, especially after seeing Anastasia in which I thought the story was so wonderful and even better than the animated movie it was based on. I would definitely see Anastasia again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter