I think Im gonna cry

beautybelle

DIS Veteran
I cant believe it, I was just looking on the weather page for Orlando and beginning on the day I arrive they are calling for isolated or scattered showers. Im gonna be sick.:(

Don't be upset about the weather...it's Florida, it always rains in Florida, just about everyday. It's not that bad actually. We were there in March and it rained everyday a little with total downpours on DS's 5th b-day. Of course it was our MK day too! I was upset at first but then we got to do everything and I mean EVERYTHING with little or no wait at all. We breezed through MK and before we knew it we had done it ALL!!! I'm not kidding!!! Once you are wet, well your wet and your at WDW so make the best of it! Wear water shoes or sandals, jump in the puddles, quack like a duck just enjoy! It's not the freezing cold rain we get up North it actually feels good to get wet. Most days it rains around 3ish and is only a breif shower so it's really not that bad.
We did AK in the rain too and the animals were frolicking around jumping through the grass and having a grand ole time. The CM on KS told us the best time to ride is during the rain. So don't fret, bring a poncho from the dollar store and have a ball !!!!

I dont mind the rain. Lots of people leave or go into hiding and the lines are shorter. We just throw on some rain ponchos and keep on going.

It's rained a lot in Orlando this year. They needed it! Our last 4 trips (not all this year!) were July, march, septmber & march. We had some rain or a lot of rain during all except the 1st march trip. There's really no way to predict it.

We have never let it ruin a trip!

And by the way, scattered showers means it will be mostly sunny! :)

Just stock up on cheap small ponchos & always have them in your bag. I buy the 2 packs from the dollar store and throw them away after using them. I prefer those to the Disney ones because they are very small & very light. Even if it's sunny all week, I don't mind having them in my backpack. Disney ponchos are heavier.

It rained like cats & dogs on our 2nd day at the MK last April ! I had read that rain is your friend at WDW and it's true, people left the park in droves and we were able to get on rides with no wait at all (we were there at spring break time). We all wore ponchos and had a clear stroller cover for our DD's stroller. One funny note: a roaming group of teenagers laid down in the pathway and 'swam' in the rain puddle-LOL!

It's not that bad...like everyone said it makes people scatter and the parks thin out.Thunderstorms don't last long in Florida.You'll be amazed at how quickly it clears up!

Have a magical trip!

I think it's funny how people think the rain is going to make them melt. We were very lucky while there over Easter because it didn't rain at all until the night before we left. We were in DTD and it started pouring. People were running for cover. The stores and restaurants were all packed. I had bought the cheap ponchos but took the wonderful weather for granted and didn't bring them to the parks with us. I did have the nice stroller cover with me though. I placed it over the stroller, met up with the rest of my family as they left DisneyQuest and we strolled right down DTD letting the rain soak us. People were looking at us as if we just left the loony bin, lol. So, don't worry, it won't last long and you will have most of the rides to yourself! Have a great trip!!!

Take an umbrella or buy one there... If it rains, you got protection & if it's 1 million degrees outside, you'll have portable shade at all times!

I love the rain when we're in WDW...
I really do. And my kids and DW have developed the same "when delivered lemons, chug-a-lug the lemonade" philosophy!!! When it rains, the crowds are less, the line move quicker, and admit it... its just cool to walk around in the rain like it doesn't matter.
In fact, I think it epitomizes the freedom we feel on vacation when we slosh around in the rain, still doing all the things we wish!!! Carpe diem... indeed!
Relax, and enjoy the magic you're presented with... the keeps you cool, and keeps the crowds thin.

Showers past fast in FL. Bring your ponchos ann don't worry about the showers. you will see plenty of sunshine too! Go and have fun!

My advice is to bring rain ponchos from home--- the mickey yellow one's are everywhere when it rains and it's hard to tell who's with your group... I love it when it rains--- we rode splash mountain 3 times without getting out and getting into the line again... the CM just said "want to go again???" We had a blast...!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter