I think it's time for...a swim diaper thread!!

I would NOT suggest the Luvs ones. A dad at our Parent/tot swim uses them and the lifeguard is always having to tell him to pull it out of his daughter's umm....Cra--.?

The lifeguard was almost furious with him this last time because he wouldnt fix it. It seems to collect more water than the Little Swimmers, and tends to get bulky, and weighed down. I have seen size 1 and 2 swim diapers at BabiesRUs.

We use the Huggies swim diapers, rubber pants and then a bathing suit. We have never had a problem with anything coming out. Both of our kids have chubby legs so the elastic around the swim diaper and the rubber pants fits just fine.

Thanks Soccerchick! I didn't think they made rubber pants anymore. I guess that I'll be looking for them this evening. We leave on Friday, so let the search begin!

Our local YMCA requires that you wear rubber pants over the swim diapers. We took a swim class there and I thought my son was all prepared with his Little Swimmers with a bathing suit over them. They required us to buy the rubber pants from them to add a layer over the Little Swimmers.

These rules always seem to be a pain but there is a reason for them. E-coli is a serious matter. I hope the staff at TL and BB will be out in full force checking for proper swim diaper coverage.

The sign at Disney Pools is "All Diaper Aged Children Must Wear Swim Diapers" My 2 year old DD is small she wears size 12 month clothing and she is potty trained and just to ease peoples worries I had many lifegaurds come up to me and tell me that swim diapers were required...so it seems that the Lifegaurds are makeing sure that people know about the requirment. (When they told us that swim diapers are required I told them that my DD has been potty trained for 6 months now both day and night and she refuses diapers at this point they got a bit embaressed because she is the size of a lot of 6 months olds I know. :-) Then they said they didn't think she needed one then.)
My past experance is that best swim diapers I have found are the non-disposable ones with elastic on the waist and legs...we bought DD's swim diaper last year in Orlando at Holiday Inn Family Suites and it seem to work well...she never pooped in it so there was no real test of it....but it came in really small sizes including newborn sizes.

I used the Huggies Little Swimmers on my DS while he was in diapers, and they work well. The problem is that they are expensive. I have since found a washable swim diaper at my local dive store that I'm going to use on my DD. It's got elastic waist & legs and guarantees that water will not flow through the fabric so that if my child does have an accident I'll have a chance to clean her up without worrying about a mess in the pool. The disadvantage to these, though, is that once there's a mess, she'll be out of the pool until I wash the diaper. So you'll have to weigh the pros and cons to both types..

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter