I think you all will appreciate this

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I had such a funny experience tonight, I had to share it with someone who'd understand.

I like to think of myself as pretty computer-savvy, but I'm just a little too old to have missed this technology explosion to ever be an expert on anything technical again. I have my dinky little (old-style) iPod Shuffle and do just fine with that.

My stepdaughters have had iPods for awhile but my oldest just got the new Nano with the screen for her birthday this month, and she spent the weekend buying music and TV shows with her gift certificates. She called me in, upset, because she couldn't get any of the TV shows to load into her iPod. So I went in, spent about 15 minutes trying to remember how you download anything at all into the iPod, then figured out, "Oh, you don't have enough memory for the shows." She then rightly asked, "What's the point of having the screen if you can't watch TV shows?" And I asked myself, hmmm, what did I pay all this money for if there's not enough memory for a few episodes? The two of us sat there for half an hour trying to get it to work and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. She really didn't have that much music on it, and I kept going round and round in circles.

Finally (by mistake, I have to admit) I opened the podcast menu on her iPod. "Oh!! You downloaded the podcast!" All 112 entries, 4 days worth of content! No wonder she had no room! She said, "Oh, yeah, I didn't know what that was so I just clicked yes. What is a podcast anyway?" I explained what one was in general, and what this particular one was. "You mean I filled up my iPod with a bunch of people talking about Disney!?!" Needless to say, we fixed the problem and we replaced the podcast with episodes of One Tree Hill. I suppose I could have left it on there in the hopes of creating another podcast fan, but I have a feeling she would have been pretty irate if instead of Chad Michael Murray, she got Bawb!

Finally (by mistake, I have to admit) I opened the podcast menu on her iPod. "Oh!! You downloaded the podcast!" All 112 entries, 4 days worth of content! No wonder she had no room! She said, "Oh, yeah, I didn't know what that was so I just clicked yes. What is a podcast anyway?" I explained what one was in general, and what this particular one was. "You mean I filled up my iPod with a bunch of people talking about Disney!?!" Needless to say, we fixed the problem and we replaced the podcast with episodes of One Tree Hill. I suppose I could have left it on there in the hopes of creating another podcast fan, but I have a feeling she would have been pretty irate if instead of Chad Michael Murray, she got Bawb!

Why would anyone want to replace the roundtable with One Tree Hill :eek: Teenagers :sad2: ;) Hopefully with age will come an appreciation of the finer things in life. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter