I Thought I Had It Figured Out(HDD)

CamColt

We are going to the Hoop De Doo(2nd show, 7:15 I think) next month. We are staying at ASMO. I had planned to take a bus to MK around 5:30, then take the boat over to Fort Wilderness. I just realized with MK closing at 6:00, we may not be able to get a bus to MK. Do you think they will still be running TO the park, 1/2 hour before closing time? Are there any better options? We will have a car, but since there are 7 of us going and we wont all fit in the car(unless some sit in the back area, its a CRV), and we dont want to drive after "all you can drink beer & sangria", we dont want to take the car.
Any ideas?

How about taking a couple of cabs from ASMo to Fort Wilderness and then back again?

I read here recently that HDD now has direct busses to all the resorts after the shows, so Im not really concerned about getting home. Its just getting to the MK that could be a problem. Do you know how much a cab would cost to get there from ASMO, or even just to MK(DS really liked the boat rides we were on last year:rolleyes: ;) ).

Originally posted by CamColt
I read here recently that HDD now has direct busses to all the resorts after the shows, so Im not really concerned about getting home. Its just getting to the MK that could be a problem. Do you know how much a cab would cost to get there from ASMO, or even just to MK(DS really liked the boat rides we were on last year:rolleyes: ;) ).

Wow! Where did you read about the direct buses back to each resort? We are going to the HDD again in May of 2003 and we plan on driving from the Dolphin to Fort Wilderness and then take the enternal bus to Pioneer Hall and then just reverse the process after the show.

I am not sure how much a taxi would run. I have taken them from the YC to the golf course by the GF the voucher is for less then $10 if I remember corretly.

You could take a taxi from ASMo to the CR or WL and then take the boat from there to Fort Wilderness.

Back in October, 2000 we did have a direct bus going and coming back when we stayed at DXL. Back then I remember hearing this was something special just for DXL. Actually, the bus went to "Ft Wilderness" and then we had to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall.
However, somewhere on these board within the past week I read that after the show they have buses lined up for all the resorts. Ill look around for that post today and if I find it Ill post it here. Hopefully I wasnt dreaming this. ;)

I did find the thread and was going to post a link but when I reread it I noticed it said after the LAST show. Sorry about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter