I use a waking stick will DLP be ok for me?

Morveryn

Mumketeer
I don't know if anyone can help me with this- In June hubby & I are going to DLP with our 3 year old daughter. I have rhuematoid arthritis & walk with a stick & cannot stand for long periods of time. Any pointers/tips?
This will be our first trip to DLP though hubby & I have been to WDW twice, the last time being 4 years ago & before my arthritis was diagnosed/as bad.

Yes it will. Ask at City Hall or Guest Relations for a blue card. Guess you have a letter from your doc or something like that. With the card you can walk on at the entrance of the attraction. Also there are a lot of shows for a rest :flower:
You can also rent a wheelchair there IIRC.

Greets Renate

I'm sure Cast Members (CM) will look after you well. There are areas of the parade route that are sectioned off to ensure that those less able (I hope you don't mind this reference) can find a suitable place to enjoy the parade without the need to stand for a long time.

Reid

No advice but just to say I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

Thank you all for your responses & thoughts. We are looking forward to our June trip! :cheer2:

Please let us know how you get on, I've been trying to persuade my mother to come with us - I know she'd love it, but she's worried about the walking and the possibility of having to stand for long periods.
Have a wonderful time :flower:

Jill,
I will post (after our trip in mid June) & let you know how we got on. Last time we went to WDW Florida we took our 10 year old nephew & we had a great time. He suggested that I should rent a scooter which I thought was kind of him until I found out it was because he wanted easy access to all the rides! Cheeky so&so :rotfl: Anyway I didn''t need anything like that then just the occasional rest. My mum keeps asking how I'm going to manage with a stick & a young child. Bless her! I'm 32 mum I'm not quite ready to give up my travels yet :rotfl2: .
This time will be lots of fun as we now have our lovely daughter who has never been away. I don't know who is more excited!

I hope you have a brilliant time:sunny: In case you hadn't realised:rotfl:we do like to read trip reports on this board:rotfl2:

Ware Bears said:
I hope you have a brilliant time:sunny: In case you hadn't realised:rotfl:we do like to read trip reports on this board:rotfl2:

Thank you!
I did have an inkling that you did :rotfl2: !
I've been enjoying reading some myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter