"I visit Universal Orlando because...."

yaytezIOA

ioacentralveteran
Universal Orlando promised a new commercial for facebook fans the other day. I think they may have jumped the gun and put it on Youtube already.
Find it here.
It may not be the new commercial, (if it is it focuses WAAAAAY too much on coasters) but it begs the question...Why do you visit Universal Orlando?
Personally it's the closest thing to home I can find in a theme park. You know the feeling you get when you walk into a place and feel like you just sort of belong? Corny I know...but there's mine. Where's yours?

Yeah I guess they are trying to market to the coaster crowd. Not sure if that's a good idea, the country is full of coaster parks, actually most parks are nothing but coasters. Universal is the only other park besides Disney and a little BG that is a true theme park with theme rides. If I were them I would play up what makes them different and leave out all the references to the coasters. A real coaster person isn't going to like the coasters all that much at Universal anyway because a coaster fanatic wants coasters that are 200ft. plus in height, I don't know what the RRR heigth is but its the only one near that level.

I like it because of the theming and themed rides, Jurassic Park, Mummy, Spiderman, Jaws, MIB etc., not for the coasters at all, although I do like good 200 ft plus coasters.

For me...I like the vibe of Universal more than Disney. I like the music around IOA and the classic attractions at the Studios. I feel important when I flash my AP and get the discounts.

Plus...my favorite event of the year is Halloween Horror Nights!

There's so much to enjoy at Universal Orlando!

Well having only been once, I can tell you why we are returning in the Summer: Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and Dr Seuss! Plus, it's just a nice difference from Disney, even if just for a day.

I just love hanging out at the parks and seeing Horror Make-Up and Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue on certain days. :) It's like my second home.

WE visit Universal Orlando cuase:

1)We love the vibe at both parks and resorts

2)The TM's make you feel like a guest,not a burden to them even when its packed

3)The Resorts take us away from our rat race life we live.Seems like everytime we see the sign,Royal Pacific next left,all stress is gone for afew days.

4)FOTL

5)FOTL

6)HHN

7)HHN

8)Did I mention,HHN

9)Well DW and I know that the kids are not college bound.So all the money we saved can go to-Guees what-HHN!!!:lmao:

Well, I've only been twice, but I'll be returning this year and in the near future. I love Universal Orlando because I feel right at home there. The rides are fun and thrilling, the theming is awesome, they have decent food, and the employees are nice. I love their sense of humor too. They poke fun at everything, including themselves. I challenge anyone to experience Disaster! or the Horror Make-Up Show without laughing. ;)

Of course, as a haunted attraction fan, my favorite thing about Universal is Halloween Horror Nights. I experienced my first last year, and it was so amazing. I can't wait to come back. Six and a half months to go... *sigh*

I love going to Universal Studios because I love "riding the movies"....I love feeling like I am in Hollywood/New York, part of a production, seeing things behind the scenes, etc. etc. Love seeing the "actors" from the movies out and about.

I love going to Islands of Adventure because of Seuss Landing - hehe (I am a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan!) I also love their coasters (although, I am a BIG coaster junkie and definitely get my kicks from the coasters at Cedar Point, Magic Mountain, King's Island, etc., so I've been on bigger and better - LOL). I know nothing about Harry Potter but am very excited to discover this world when we go in November!

Oh, and my DD is a HUGE fan of Spongebob....I think I'm more excited about her meeting him than seeing her with the princesses for the first time!

I love Universal because of the feeling you get when you are walking through the parks.... it's magical in a Universal way. There is a Disney "magic" and there is a Universal "magic" different but wonderful in their own ways. Even though some people might think that Universal is corny, it just has its own ambience and the feeling you get walking past Mummy and the Blues Brothers and walking through New York is just so....cool. And besides it's so great to stay onsite and never have to get in your car to go to two parks, Citywalk, and to never have to wait very long in a line. No other themepark gives you that option. Besides, Hogsmeade is just a short walk away in IOA : )

When my family went last August, we simply went for Harry Potter. Me, my aunt, uncle, and cousins are HUGE Harry Potter fans (I am actually watching the 5th movie as I write this...) and we planned our vacation mainly to visit Hogwarts (something I have been wanting to do since I was 11...even before the movies were made).
In the end, it wasn't the ONLY reason we went! We all had a GREAT time and loved HP along with the Jurassic Park area, Dr. Seuss area, Jaws, E.T., etc. US is more about stepping into the world of the movies you love. Besides Hogsmeade, the Dr. Seuss area had to be my FAVORITE! It brought the kid out of me for a while and I wanted to ride all the rides that are for "kids". They bring you into the movies world not only in the ride but in the areas and it seems like the whole park is a ride. Great sights to look at, even while waiting in line.

I visit Universal Orlando because I laugh more there than anywhere else on earth. I like to laugh. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter