I want adventure in the great wide somewhere (comments welcome)

The day I started to eat right again (12/26), I came down with an awful cold I have named The Mayan Flu. Fever, sinus infection, chills, fatigue... It lasted for about a whole week. So my new rule was that I could eat whatever I wanted while I was on antibiotics but as soon as they were done, I was back on the wagon.

So, I started back on the eating clean and healthy plan on Friday and have done well so far. I ran 4 miles on Friday and 9.5 miles today. Today's run was interesting. I found a new park to run at. My old park was a 1/2 mile lap and I just couldn't imagine doing that lap 19 times. The new park has a nature trail that is about a 1.5 mile loop (or out and back) and then a paved trail that is a 2 mile out and back. The nature trail has a well maintained, wide trail and then you can either turn around and come back on that or you can loop back through some narrow, less maintained trails. I did that first and then on the second time (around mile 5), I was on my feet one minute and next thing I knew, I was face down in the dirt. I don't know what I tripped on but I fell hard. My legs were ok, but my right hand and arm are pretty sore. And I was very dirty! But, I got up and finished the run.

My legs and pelvis were pretty sore so I decided to try an ICE BATH. :eek: It was eye opening, that's for sure. I stayed in for 20 minutes. I kept looking at my watch, time was moving slow. But I think it did help a lot.

You are doing great! I love the costume idea!

I hope you are feeling better after your tumble.

Thanks! Everything is better after the fall except my right upper arm (delt?) which still hurts two weeks later. I did manage an 11 mile run last Saturday, but had a lot of aches and pains in my pelvis again. The pain seems to move around and ended up in my glute/hamstring, so I have been foam rolling for a couple of days and am skipping my weekend run. I have a 15k next weekend, so I'll consider this break to be "tapering". My diet is going ok, but the weight loss is just not consistent. I still can't get past the 170 barrier. I keep getting down to 170.4 or so and then I go back up to 171 or 172. Argh!

I'm thinking about not weighing myself for two weeks (I am weighing daily now) to see if it's all psychological.

I'm thinking about starting an actual blog to make my journey more public and to motivate myself. If I do, I'll post the link here too so no one thinks I fell off the face of the earth.

FIVE weeks until the Princess Half!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter