I want to bring a water bottle, so what bag should I bring?

donnsuz

Mouseketeer
I know that there are already threads going on what bag to bring to the parks - or whether to bring one at all. My particular question is for those of you who do choose to bring water bottles (mine are 16-20 oz insulated metal hydroflask type) what type of bag or water bottle sling do you use? I've carried an Eddie Bauer backpack for years but the water bottle pockets on the side have gotten stretched out and my bottle kept falling out during my last WDW trip so I guess it's time for a new bag. I don't bring a ton of stuff into the parks and often that can fit into my and my husband's cargo pockets. However, I'd prefer to bring my own water bottle and not keep wasting paper cups from QS if I don't need to. I'm open to bottle slings, small lightweight backpacks, sling packs, fanny packs, etc - anything that you've already used and carried water bottles successfully.

I recently got a Nort Face Aurora backpack and love it. It has enough room for my essentials and then some without being too bulky. It is also very comfortable to wear.

We use a carabiner to clip the water bottles onto the bag--either a random backpack or a crossbody hipster. This only works if your bottle has a loop at the top though.

I’ve been using a bottle sling and also carrying a crossbody purse that doesn’t have a bottle pocket (because the purse is better in other ways than the purse that does have a bottle pocket). I like having the option to leave the purse in the room and still bring the bottle. Even when DH brings the backpack (for ponchos or sweaters) it’s more convenient for me to carry the water in a sling because I drink more often than he does.

i bought this one for our last trip and it worked well with my Brita hardside bottle. I prefer it over it being in or attached to a bag as it is instantly accessible. In fact, I'm now going bagless with only my sling and its fabulous.

We use a carabiner to clip the water bottles onto the bag--either a random backpack or a crossbody hipster. This only works if your bottle has a loop at the top though.

This is what we do too. I can clip it to the strap of any bag or my husband can clip it to his shorts by using a simple carabiner. I am pretty picky about my bags so this gives a lot more flexibility and I don't need a separate sling and bag.

We use one of these to easily carry around our water bottle. Everyone takes a turn carrying it and it is lightweight. I have purchased them from Target, Ross, TJ Maxx etc. usually they are priced about $10.
ref=sr_1_9

Attachments

• water bottle holder.jpg
    water bottle holder.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

I just carry my HydroFlask in my hand, all 4 of us do. It is the one with the flip-up straw, if that makes a difference.

We got a great lightweight backpack from LL bean with mesh water bottle pockets on the sides, which fit our brita filter water bottle or the disney refillable mug. We'd fill water at night and refridgerate so it would be cold and ready for the am.

My wife and I bring these Vapur bottles. The collapse and kind of conform to your pockets on the side of the bag. I like them because they are light and fairly easy to fill with a cup of water from the restaurants/counter service. I tested the strength of the cap myself, I filled it with water and stood on it. No leakage and I weight ~150 lbs. We've used them for many trips. We usually bring two, use one for the parks and have one chilled in our hotel fridge for when we get back.

https://www.amazon.com/Vapur-Eclips...r=8-1-spons&keywords=vapur+water+bottle&psc=1

We own a Deuter Speed Lite 20. We have a hydroflask that we slide into the middle outer pocket. We also bring a few plastic bottles that we put in the outside webbing on the side of the backpack. We just refill the bottles in the park as they have a lot of water bottle filling stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter