I wish ABD would go to ...

Definitely New Zealand, but as a LOTR fan, I'd need to include some post- and pre-days to make sure I'd see Hobbiton/Matamata (just like I'll add a visit to Culloden whenever I visit Scotland) :)

More extensive tours of England! The only trip they've got right now is split between France and England but I think both countries deserve their own dedicated tour. Bath is beautiful, as is Cornwall and the Lake District.

An exclusive tour of Tokyo Disneyland. I'm not that attracted to Japan as a whole but the park is really high on my priority list, it looks absolutely wonderful and I'd love to have VIP access when I visit it!

I don't know why New England is left out, I think it's a gorgeous place with so much to do. Tauck does have an itinerary there in autumn, which sounds just lovely (my favourite season) and I think ABD should think about adding this one too.

Edting to add Egypt, of course, though I completely understand the reasons why it's not a destination right now.

Last edited:
I've never been on an ABD (I just like to live vicariously through all of you on this board until I can do one myself), but I'll play.

More of South America (Brazil & Argentina, specifically)
Cuba
Turkey
India
Russia
Morocco
More of Central Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary)
England beyond London

I also think a New England tour in autumn like someone mentioned would be lovely.

Definitely New Zealand, but as a LOTR fan, I'd need to include some post- and pre-days to make sure I'd see Hobbiton/Matamata (just like I'll add a visit to Culloden whenever I visit Scotland) :)

More extensive tours of England! The only trip they've got right now is split between France and England but I think both countries deserve their own dedicated tour. Bath is beautiful, as is Cornwall and the Lake District.

An exclusive tour of Tokyo Disneyland. I'm not that attracted to Japan as a whole but the park is really high on my priority list, it looks absolutely wonderful and I'd love to have VIP access when I visit it!

I don't know why New England is left out, I think it's a gorgeous place with so much to do. Tauck does have an itinerary there in autumn, which sounds just lovely (my favourite season) and I think ABD should think about adding this one too.

Edting to add Egypt, of course, though I completely understand the reasons why it's not a destination right now.

I almost added New England. We're looking into that for next year so it would be too late for us, unless Disney would hit some spots we might miss. I'd love to see more North American tours, especially the Pacific Northwest.

I agree about a more extensive tour in England, especially if it tied in some to the myths and legends, King Arthur, Robin Hood, etc.

I left Iceland off my list because I figured if I was going back, it would be during a Northern Lights timeframe, which probably would not coincide with ABD dates. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that if ABD came up with an Iceland itinerary, I'd sign up in 2 seconds!

Sayhello

Nothing different from what others have mentioned, but here's my list:

Tanzania/Tanzania & Kenya combined
Japan (with Tokyo Disney)
Australia & New Zealand combined
Slovenia & Croatia combined
Antarctica

I almost added New England. We're looking into that for next year so it would be too late for us, unless Disney would hit some spots we might miss.

Living in New England (Vt.) it is quite easy to tour on your own. Everything is an easy drive. The fall (last week of Sept. and first two weeks of Oct.) is the prettiest while skiing is king in winter. You should look at the B+B web sites in the northern New England states and put together a nice little trip for yourselves.

I've never been on an ABD (I just like to live vicariously through all of you on this board until I can do one myself), but I'll play.

More of South America (Brazil & Argentina, specifically)
Cuba
Turkey
India
Russia
Morocco
More of Central Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary)
England beyond London

I also think a New England tour in autumn like someone mentioned would be lovely.

I'm copying WDWgroupie's post from a few months ago:

Hit Shanghai Disney, fly to Hong Kong, do HKDL, then fly to Tokyo and visit the park there.

I would add VIP and special behind-the-scenes perks at each.

That would be awesome! We are hoping to do something similar whenever we do the China ABD. We've also discussed doing this with some of our friends and hope one day we can do a "Disney triple play."

I almost added New England. We're looking into that for next year so it would be too late for us, unless Disney would hit some spots we might miss. I'd love to see more North American tours, especially the Pacific Northwest.

I agree about a more extensive tour in England, especially if it tied in some to the myths and legends, King Arthur, Robin Hood, etc.

Oh, I would be all over that!

I left Iceland off my list because I figured if I was going back, it would be during a Northern Lights timeframe, which probably would not coincide with ABD dates. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that if ABD came up with an Iceland itinerary, I'd sign up in 2 seconds!

Sayhello

We went to Iceland with DCL last year in the summer and decided we'd have to go back in he winter at some point to see the Northern lights. That said, if ABD came up with an itinerary that was different from what we have already done and off the beaten path we'd probably go with them.

Sayhello

I definitely need to go in the winter to see the Northern Lights! Not that I wouldn't go during another time of year,but that would be one of the driving factors for me to go to Iceland.

We went to Iceland with DCL last year in the summer and decided we'd have to go back in he winter at some point to see the Northern lights. That said, if ABD came up with an itinerary that was different from what we have already done and off the beaten path we'd probably go with them.
I definitely need to go in the winter to see the Northern Lights! Not that I wouldn't go during another time of year,but that would be one of the driving factors for me to go to Iceland.
I spent a day and a half in Iceland as a stopover between London and home last summer. It was AMAZING, and left me wanting to see more! But that more definitely includes winter and the Northern lights. But I could definitely be talked into a separate trip not during the winter, too.

Sayhello

Sayhello

We're signed up for the DCL cruise to Iceland next summer but are thinking of postponing that trip until we can spend more than 2.5 days in Iceland. An ABD option would be perfect.

When you compare European trips Tauck and A&K offer that ABD doesn't, two trips stick out - Croatia and Iceland. I'd be very interested in both.

A few of us have mentioned a special access tour to the Disney parks in Asia. Just in case anyone decides to plan a trip on their own, today's LA Times travel section provides tons of info that you'll need. For some reason, it's not showing up online...

A few of us have mentioned a special access tour to the Disney parks in Asia. Just in case anyone decides to plan a trip on their own, today's LA Times travel section provides tons of info that you'll need. For some reason, it's not showing up online...
Well, darn! Wonder how I can get me a copy...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter